• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Chat: Remove Joined/Left The Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Remove join/left in guild/neighborhood chat

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: None

Reason: Its makes hard to chat since all you see is that someone joined or left chat

Visual Aids:

hasleft.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

DeletedUser

+1 from me IF a list of online players will be visible at least for Guild members if not for world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would also like this removed - I like people to not know when I am online so they can't see when I am setting productions.

If some activity indicator is required then I would just prefer a light next to each player's portrait that comes on if they are online and goes off when they aren't (and a setting somewhere to permanently turn it off) and not have any timestamps recorded for it - that way people can't check the chat logs and see that someone is online every day between 6pm and 6:30pm and set their plunders for that time (or just before). [Yes, they could get the same information watching the light go on and off but they would have to sit there and watch it all the time.]

DeletedUser

I too would like to see less of the logged in and out messages. Perhaps add a button somewhere that would pop open a display of who is in the chat channel at the moment.

DeletedUser7719

I too would like to see less of the logged in and out messages. Perhaps add a button somewhere that would pop open a display of who is in the chat channel at the moment.
+1 for a button to show that you want to chat!
(yes, that means I like your idea too!)

DeletedUser13189

+1 from me too - we have had confusion because it says people join and leave the chat when actually they are only on or offline as it says they join the chat even if the chat window isn't open. I had a guild member trying to talk to people as they come online because it says 'joined the chat' when actually they haven't. Its very misleading.

DeletedUser4202

I like this idea it´s pretty annoying seeing that info pop up every minute so +1 on that.
But I don´t want an online icon for the neighborhood chat to much info. They should not know when someone is online or not it´s open for abuse but I don´t mind an online icon in the guild chat.

DeletedUser6461

+1 for the idea of removing the log in and log out details, no one would want to see it i guess.

Guild normally uses the message function to communicate and the neighborhood normally don't communicate (personal messages can be send through message system if required). however, i have seen the world chat is used by some of the players but that's too very rare and not having any extra importance as such. So imo, even if the chat function is removed in toto, it would not affect the game or it's players anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.