• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[CHAT] Group Whisper + whisper extensions

DeletedUser9219

Proposal:

A couple of extensions for the chat.

- New button on chat "create group whisper/invite user to whisper" >> you can invite users for a group wisper.
- Whisper Save : When an users reloads the page ( still needed after a couple of gvg battles ) the whisper is gone.
- Whisper Remove : An option to close a whisper window without refreshing. You might want to remove one whisper , but not all.
- Whisper Active Color : Green filter over user -whisper- icon when there is an unread message. When having several whispers , chat becomes very confusing.

Reason

Group whisper : When working together with other guilds , there is no option where you can chat privately with several users from other guilds.
Even a maximum amount of 4 users would be enough to talk quickly about strategy.

Whisper Save , Whisper Remove and Whisper Active Color are simple and explained above.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I do not see any problems when upgrading these options.

DeletedUser99588

+1, I like this idea although not sure how feasible it is and there are services available outside of FoE for group chat.

DeletedUser15432

Even though I do not use chat very often, this sounds like a good idea and therefore merits a +1 from me

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
This guy is a genius ;p

this would make my game experience a whole lot better
and save me a ton of time !
diplomacy / inter-guild strategy is a big part of GvG
and we need this to make it a whole lot easier to do .

BIG +1

Last edited:

Andrew420

Major
-1 terrible idea
Why would you have to whisper more than one guild mate unless you are hiding something from rest of guild
Doesn't make much sense to me Guild mates are supposed to work together towards a common goal
A guild group whisper is bound to create unnecessary dissension amongst the ranks
If some people are constantly left out of whisper they are going to wonder what was said
You know how active some peoples imagination can be

DeletedUser

-1, don't need. can use private messages or some outside chat server (skype for example). Plus a lot of people can't use chat as is because of firewall and other issues. Much bigger more important things to fix first.

DeletedUser7719

-1 terrible idea
Why would you have to whisper more than one guild mate unless you are hiding something from rest of guild
Doesn't make much sense to me Guild mates are supposed to work together towards a common goal
A guild group whisper is bound to create unnecessary dissension amongst the ranks
If some people are constantly left out of whisper they are going to wonder what was said
I would actually use it for chatting with allies rather than my guild.

-1, don't need. can use private messages or some outside chat server (skype for example). Plus a lot of people can't use chat as is because of firewall and other issues.
Agreed, which is why I am undecided on this one

DeletedUser99588

-1 terrible idea

Think you need to read the idea again because I didn't see it focusing on guild whisper but group whisper. Groups could be allies discussing tactics or just some private group chat with friends from other guilds without blocking up global.

Also on the positive side of it being used in guild it would allow different GvG groups (i.e. fighting different maps) to have their battle talk with one another leaving guild chat for social conversation.

Like most things it could be used in a positive or negative way. If your in a guild with a lot of moaning and cliques then yes it could be abused. But that is down to guild culture not the proposed feature.

DeletedUser109624

Definitely +1.
Well in my opinion chatting is one of the core aspects of the game. You cant spend a lot of time doing something on the game. You place your building and set your productions and then wait. And whilst waiting you chat. Therefore its a vital part of keeping players happy and not leave after they have set everything and return a few hours later to collect.
Secondly I have to admit that the idea of an external service for chatting is indeed quite good but it is quite hard to get everyone to transition to it if there is already a "working" solution build in the game. But if we follow that path why does FoE try to their own chat if they could just implement a different service that already has those features. Or remove it completely and say use an external chat service if you want to chat, otherwise communicate via message.