• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature) changing timezone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

+1
The game clock and the local time should be viewable in the tool bar at the top or at least viewable from a rollover in the tool bar at the top in:

• city view
  • quest continent view
  • gvg views (all maps)
  • message view

DeletedUser107476

-1 as this is pure laziness

Most mobile phones have world clocks, google can work it out for you.

DeletedUser107476

How have the Forum Mods got this in the warm section when it is mixed reviews and was originally posted 3 years ago?

DeletedUser16126

-1, In games that allowed changing the timezone there were always misunderstandings when planning things.
So I definately prefer one clock that cannot change.
I also see no reason why we would add an extra delay in the loading due to extra calculations that need to be done for adjusting the displayed times.

DeletedUser108047

@markp27 - actually lazy program design on Inno's part - the GMT game clock is on the GvG map and the footer of the message system but is not on the main pages we all use. I don't really care one way or the other for the idea of local time but I would like the GMT clock to be visible all the time in game in the toolbar above the city, continent and GvG map

DeletedUser107476

@markp27 - actually lazy program design on Inno's part - the GMT game clock is on the GvG map and the footer of the message system but is not on the main pages we all use. I don't really care one way or the other for the idea of local time but I would like the GMT clock to be visible all the time in game in the toolbar above the city, continent and GvG map
As a GvG commander I can calculate and tell you most timezones. I do not require a clock on game to do this. As you say your local time is on the mainpage. All you need to do is work out what you are compared to GMT + or - x amount of hours. If others have done the same it takes seconds to work things out.

Andrew420

Major
+1 nothing wrong with another clock
How have the Forum Mods got this in the warm section when it is mixed reviews and was originally posted 3 years ago?
It doesn't matter how long an idea has been around
There are more +1's than - 1's
I am not sure if they count the feedback that doesn't have a + or - vote with it

DeletedUser107476

+1 nothing wrong with another clock

It doesn't matter how long an idea has been around
There are more +1's than - 1's
I am not sure if they count the feedback that doesn't have a + or - vote with it
The way it was explained to me by a CM was that the order of priority was feedback then +1's and -1's and overriding all that if a forum mod liked the idea. Hence why this idea has gone to warm with so few +1's I have seen threads with over 30 +1's that are still not in warm. The only opinions that matters are the mods.

Andrew420

Major
The way it was explained to me by a CM was that the order of priority was feedback then +1's and -1's and overriding all that if a forum mod liked the idea. Hence why this idea has gone to warm with so few +1's I have seen threads with over 30 +1's that are still not in warm. The only opinions that matters are the mods.
If you already know the answer why are you asking the question ?
Unless you are trying to start an argument
If you have a problem with the mods on this server contact them directly

DeletedUser107476

If you already know the answer why are you asking the question ?
Unless you are trying to start an argument
If you have a problem with the mods on this server contact them directly
How is asking why this one is still the warm section after 3 years and so few +1's starting an argument? It is a legitimate question as forum mods are supposed to go through threads and keep them up to date.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
+1 to the idea....it can be a pain in the ass to organize gvg fights when the guildies are all over the world and some of them aren't used to using timezones.

DeletedUser105304

When I've played in other games that had players in various time zones, & as my browser is Firefox Ive used a prog called Foxclocks
This allowed you to set up multiple clocks.
So you could set game time, & players local time, which was handy for knowing when players are likely to be " awake " & available
Which was a big help in communications ( knowing when your message will be read ) & coordination.

DeletedUser105078

+ 1

The time-stamp on messages should be adjusted to different people's time zones; at the moment, players not in GMT have to calculate how many hours ago a message was posted.

Another game I play shows two times in the top right of the window, which you can toggle by clicking: the local time and the server time. But the time stamp on messages is always local time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108240

+ 1

The time-stamp on messages should be adjusted to different people's time zones; at the moment, players not in GMT have to calculate how many hours ago a message was posted.

Another game I play shows two times in the top right of the window, which you can toggle by clicking: the local time and the server time. But the time stamp on messages is always local time.
I TOTALLY disagree with this suggestion. We need some sort of 'universal time' that pinpont the same moment to everyone all around our round earth. GMT (Greenwich mean time) is one such system, but there are others just as useable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Time
Your suggestion can be implemented to do that, but then you have to specify the local version of universal time on every message sent or received, that is a lot of work giving very little gain. The more so as "daylight savings" times are even more confusing and inconsistent than the common 'local time' systems we have.

DeletedUser110195

+ 1

It's easy enough to find out what local time is in relation to server time, simply post something, look at the timestamp and there you go. I found that I am 5 hours behind my server that way very quickly.

That said, an in-game clock displaying server time would be nice. Browser players already have a clock displaying local time, just look at the lower right hand of your monitor(at least that's where it is on mine).

DeletedUser653

I +1 Lone rangers idea of two clocks, one server, one local, it has been done on many games I have played, and I see it as a solid idea, do not have to think much on it, it benefits the player of knowing what time something truly happened. Guild wars could be set by the server clock, guild interaction for trading goods could be set by that as well, but all notifications incoming through the event window could go through local time.

+1 on this refinement of the idea, well put

DeletedUser107616

2 times---.jpg
Something like this in messages ?
+1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.