• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

changing neighbourhood

ds303

Private
When will the neighbourhood change? i am on the verge of quitting because i am being attacked and plundered by the leading players in my neighbourhood (with vastly superior armies, boosted by GBs etc.) on a daily basis and have been for the last 5 days, thereby preventing me progressing. this is an aspect of the game which is extremely distasteful. there should be an option to whether a player wishes to partake in attacking other players or not.

ds303

Private
i get that, but there are three players that attack on a daily basis and plunder twice a day! their armies are so strong with boosts that there is nothing i can do. i unable to get an army strong enough to prevent them nor attack them in revenge. i collect on time as best i can (normally within a few minutes) and at different scheduled times, but still find they have plundered me.
when will the neighbourhood change? hopefully for the better

Knight of ICE

When will the neighbourhood change? i am on the verge of quitting because i am being attacked and plundered by the leading players in my neighbourhood (with vastly superior armies, boosted by GBs etc.) on a daily basis and have been for the last 5 days, thereby preventing me progressing. this is an aspect of the game which is extremely distasteful. there should be an option to whether a player wishes to partake in attacking other players or not.

It changes every 14 days.in the odd weeks. There is an option not to partake in the fighting part of the game. Don't research Militairy Tactics.

As KoI said, do not research Military Tactic. Also, understand there is nothing you can do and irrespective of how good your defence is they are going to win. They can only attack once and plunder once in 24 hrs but this can also be used to their advantage with attacking and plundering, plus they can only plunder one building at a time. So, your number one priority must be to collect on time, it may be a little early for you but eventually you will get Great Buildings that generate goods, supplies and coins these cannot be plundered. It does get easier.

I am not sure where you are, place wise, in the current neighbourhood or what army you have. But if you look at your neighbourhood and go to the ones at the very bottom these normally have 2 spearfighters or similar defending their cities so are open to attack and plundering from you.

Knight of ICE

As KoI said, do not research Military Tactic. Also, understand there is nothing you can do and irrespective of how good your defence is they are going to win. They can only attack once and plunder once in 24 hrs but this can also be used to their advantage with attacking and plundering, plus they can only plunder one building at a time. So, your number one priority must be to collect on time, it may be a little early for you but eventually you will get Great Buildings that generate goods, supplies and coins these cannot be plundered. It does get easier.

He already researched Military Tactics and a good defence does help especially early on. You do not have to win the fights. If you can do enough damage they might not come back.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Play a bit of a mind game, do not leave your age until you are in the very top 10 in your neighborhood. Top players in neighborhood are more likely to avoid attacking others from top 10.

ds303

Private
i am in the high middle ages, ranked 70. in the last 24hrs i have been attacked 6 times and plundered three times. two of the attackers are by players that keep attacking. they are placed in the top 20. the world is noarsll. i have just joined a guild, with the intention of donating all my goods if and when i quit. in the other world i am in, also in the high middle ages, i do not have any issues.
i keep asking, when will the neighbourhood change?

Cuthwolf

Captain
Your options are -
1) collect on time
2) don't let it bother you, it's part of the game and we have all been plundered
3) put up a city shield
4) build the Galata Tower and get it to a high level
5) build enough defensive building to defeat the attack or cause them big damage

If none of these are options for you get your 24 hour buildings in synch at a time when you can always collect then set goods and production buildings to 24 hours at that same time. That way you won't lose anything valuable.

ds303

Private
"It changes every 14 days.in the odd weeks" does not tell me when, just how often. i do not know when it last changed, hence my asking. is it one week, three days, 10 days?

ds303

Private
"2) don't let it bother you, it's part of the game and we have all been plundered"

by the same people constantly?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The best advice/information you will probably ever get, is to set your City up so that you can collection your goods/productions at a set time and minimalize the amount if time that your goods are sitting around. Only when your goods are sitting around uncollected, can they be plundered. And if you have buildings with goods sitting around - that means those building are doing nothing, as they cannot create new goods/productions until the existing ones are collected.

Plundering takes all kind of forms. Myself, personally, I am a fan of train robbery movies. And with the current Daily Event Quest having players winning battles - I go through my neighborhood, looking for people with trains, and attack them - as well as plunder them if available (kind of wasting a train robbery if I do not actually plunder it).

Another piece of advice, do not whine or cry about perceiving players doing wrong to you - especially in the Chat channels. If you had made any comments or complaints about someone attacking and plundering you in there - good chance a number of the people who read that would have decided to attack you purely because you complained about it. If you collect your goods/productions shortly after they become available, your chances of being plundered decrease dramatically. And since many Event and Daily quests require Battles to be won, or Units to be defeated - expect to be attacked because a Quest has made it so. Doing a battle in the neighborhood instead of in the Battleground is usually much easier, less chance of being defeated, and better chance of possible plunder, if the victim leaves finished goods/productions sitting around.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
i am in the high middle ages, ranked 70. in the last 24hrs i have been attacked 6 times and plundered three times. two of the attackers are by players that keep attacking. they are placed in the top 20. the world is noarsll. i have just joined a guild, with the intention of donating all my goods if and when i quit. in the other world i am in, also in the high middle ages, i do not have any issues.
i keep asking, when will the neighbourhood change?
Ouch, ranked 70th, that explains everything.
"2) don't let it bother you, it's part of the game and we have all been plundered"

by the same people constantly?
While I was just too weak, yes, cuz those "same" people know they can get something from you every day, simple as that.

I don't plunder much. But when I do, I go for the weakest players in the hood. Of course, I do. They are the easiest prey. I might also plunder the same weak players for several days in a row, if I find out they never collect their stuff on time.
I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong or bad or that I'm an evil bully. I just play the game as it was designed.
Plundering is an option in the game. Don't blame players who take advantage of that option. Blame yourself for not protecting your productions properly.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
There is an option, it’s called farmville,,:rolleyes: