• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changes to the Ideas Section

Agent327

Overlord
This is a section that tends to generate a lot of discussion which is wonderful and debate is a great thing. However, when disagreeing with an idea, please state why. Comments such as "this is the dumbest idea ever" without context as to why or what would make it better, do nothing to add to the discussion and will be removed. Respect for your fellow players is key at all times.

To me it does not make sense that comments without context do not add anything to the discussion, so are a no go, but on the other hand you can vote "no" in a poll without context and it isn't a problem.

Second, we have added a new section, the Unformatted Ideas folder. Ideas that are not formatted will be closed for discussion and moved into the unformatted folder. Once the owner of the idea has formatted the idea, it will be moved to the main section of the forum and open for discussion,. If the idea is not formatted after a month, it will be moved to the Idea Archive. Please see the Guide to Formatting ideas thread to see the format the idea should be in, and from there, you can copy the format.

Totally agree to this, but it does not work if the discussion does not get closed.

Third, when an idea has been forwarded to the developer's team, the thread will be closed for any discussion, as the idea is out of our hands once it has been forwarded.

Yes please!!!!!

Now since the ideas section is being updated, may I suggest that the do not suggest list finally gets updated as well?

That list should be something that is carried by Inno worldwide and not just something totally dependant on the forum you are posting.

Ideas of all language servers are gathered and looked at before they are forwarded to the devs, so it does not make sense at all that you can suggest something on one server that you can not suggest on the other. In the end, that one idea allowed will be cancelled anyhow, cause on other servers they know the devs do not want it.

Deleted member 109369

To me it does not make sense that comments without context do not add anything to the discussion, so are a no go, but on the other hand you can vote "no" in a poll without context and it isn't a problem.

Totally agree to this, but it does not work if the discussion does not get closed.

Yes please!!!!!

Now since the ideas section is being updated, may I suggest that the do not suggest list finally gets updated as well?

That list should be something that is carried by Inno worldwide and not just something totally dependant on the forum you are posting.

Ideas of all language servers are gathered and looked at before they are forwarded to the devs, so it does not make sense at all that you can suggest something on one server that you can not suggest on the other. In the end, that one idea allowed will be cancelled anyhow, cause on other servers they know the devs do not want it.

Well first, words can be hurtful, intended or no. Its also a matter of respect for others. Just voting is really the equivalent of if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing. But if you want to say an idea is stupid, then explain why.

Yes we know they will need to be closed. Please keep in mind, the ideas section is still in the process of being cleaned up and organized, and the first area we have tackled is New Ideas so that we are current.

In terms of the do not suggest list, it is true that all servers forward ideas, however this server may not know what another server has forwarded. Having said that, we are working on a more concerted effort across servers to submit ideas and so that we're all more on the same page. Possibly, eventually we may get an Inno wide list of what not to suggest or what has already been suggested but for the moment we'll work with what we have., although I'm going to take that suggestion forward because it would certainly be nice to have for us as well. We will be taking a look at that list here though and will update it to best of our knowledge but its probably not going to happen overnight

Agent327

Overlord
In terms of the do not suggest list, it is true that all servers forward ideas, however this server may not know what another server has forwarded.

All ideas that are forwarded get collected in a central place, where the ideas will be translated to english if needed. Form there they are forwarded to the devs. So at that point you will know from eachother what is forwarded and what will stop there cause you are not suppost to suggest it anyhow.

Having said that, we are working on a more concerted effort across servers to submit ideas and so that we're all more on the same page. Possibly, eventually we may get an Inno wide list of what not to suggest or what has already been suggested but for the moment we'll work with what we have., although I'm going to take that suggestion forward because it would certainly be nice to have for us as well. We will be taking a look at that list here though and will update it to best of our knowledge but its probably not going to happen overnight

An Inno wide list is the only thing that makes sense. Every server now has a list with suggestions that the devs supposedly do not want. On the german forum I am not allowed to suggest any new ways to get expansions. Here I am. Both forums claim the list comes from Inno Games. How is that possible?

Deleted member 109369

The first may be true but individual CM's in the past have not had access to the fully forwarded list. As I said this is changing though so in future, I will know what ideas have been forwarded by each server on a monthly basis. Part of the basis for the clean up of the ideas section here is so that Mat and I stay on top of new ideas and forward every month on a regular basis.

The second in terms of do not suggest. Again this has been done by individual servers in the past. We do not have a central list of do not suggest for across servers at this point. So our list for example would have come from ideas from us that were rejected. I love the idea frankly of having a central list and have raised it for discussion though. I also think the do not suggest list here is out of date, and it's on our list to update so these two things will hopefully go hand in hand.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Some of innogames forums for other games have completely abolished the DNA lists as not all markets had them, whilst some where actively encouraging certain suggestions that where on DNA lists on others. Which I'm assuming sent mixed messages to devs and meant feedback from some communities was inbalanced from others. Is FOE as fragmented between communities?

Deleted member 109369

Some of innogames forums for other games have completely abolished the DNA lists as not all markets had them, whilst some where actively encouraging certain suggestions that where on DNA lists on others. Which I'm assuming sent mixed messages to devs and meant feedback from some communities was inbalanced from others. Is FOE as fragmented between communities?

The short answer is yes to a degree. Each server operates independently and within certain parameters can have differing policies. So we would each just forward our ideas from our servers and didn't really know what other servers were sending. However, there is more of a concerted effort to ensure things are more uniform across servers including the gathering and forwarding ideas. Now, each server will submit ideas on a main page together, and then that page would get forwarded on. In that it will help me see what has been forwarded by another Community, I think this will really help and if there is going to be a DNA list then it is more likely to become uniform across servers.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I can already see that list of Do no suggest will be a very long one ... and soon we come to dictatorship....

Emberguard

Legend
I can already see that list of Do no suggest will be a very long one ... and soon we come to dictatorship....
Depends on how general or specific the list is.

If there's a general outline + a list of everything that's already been forwarded then I don't see that as a dictatorship but rather a time saver. There's no point in submitting the same idea half a dozen times if the devs are already working on it or have considered the idea, that's just repeating yourself.

If there's a general outline + a list of everything that's already been forwarded then I don't see that as a dictatorship but rather a time saver. There's no point in submitting the same idea half a dozen times if the devs are already working on it or have considered the idea, that's just repeating yourself.
Can people be forced to read the list before they are allowed to post an idea? Or maybe some sort of punishment for posting ideas on the list.

1 week forum ban for 1st offence as an example

DeletedUser99588

First you have the list and then you will get this:

Can people be forced to read the list before they are allowed to post an idea? Or maybe some sort of punishment for posting ideas on the list.

...and then we take one step closer to a totalitarian forum.

Seems to me you are pandering to those that do not like free discussion. Who do not believe things can change through debate and petition and like to live and define their lives to a narrow set of rules. No colouring outside the lines.

Such people tend to be very dogmatic and intolerant of others and force their limited views on to others through persistence.

But I'm sure you will carry on regardless.

DeletedUser100133

We can't force people to read the list, but we hope they will, also punishment for posting an idea that's on the do not suggest list is a bit extreme, it is why we have a "Do Not Suggest" section.

Seems to me you are pandering to those that do not like free discussion. Who do not believe things can change through debate and petition and like to live and define their lives to a narrow set of rules. No colouring outside the lines.
There's no problem on free debate and discussion but if inno have a do not suggest list then it's for a reason and to keep suggesting them is both rude and disrespectful and just makes for depressing reading when the same old things come up time and time again

DeletedUser96901

there is already a dictatorship
InnoGames decides which ideas will be implemented

they only tell us which ideas they won't implement

and all ideas on the not to suggest list are already know to InnoGames

they should also release an already suggested list with all ideas that are already forwarded to the developers from any language forum
those ideas also don't need to be suggested anymore because InnoGames already have them

DeletedUser99588

There's no problem on free debate and discussion but if inno have a do not suggest list then it's for a reason and to keep suggesting them is both rude and disrespectful and just makes for depressing reading when the same old things come up time and time again

Interesting. There's no problem with free debate as long as you only debate things we approve. Is that truly allowing free debate or is that dictating what can be debated. No one is making you read the same old thing time and time again. That is your choice and you have the freedom to exercise it. However, you would prefer to remove others freedoms of choice, namely to bring to the fore ideas that may well have been suggested previously but possibly circumstances have changed as the game has developed over the years. Who exactly does it harm when these ideas are raised?

Why would the developers think it is rude if their customers are so involved in their creation that they care enough to want to discuss ways to improve it. Surely this is a good thing and shouldn't be discouraged through the intolerance of a few who find offence and annoyance in the smallest of things.

On the subject of being rude, not providing feedback to your customers, who have taken the time to raise ideas and successfully had them forwarded could be considered a little rude. I'm not suggesting they should, although it would be nice, merely highlighting those looking to find offence will always find a way to be offended whichever side of the fence they are on.

Be careful of the rules you wish for because you never know who will be wielding them in the future.

DeletedUser116572

There's no problem with free debate as long as you only debate things we approve
from my perspective you are confusing two issues
this forum has several different sections
one of those sections is called ideas
in that section there is a do not suggest list for topics that are not valid for suggestion in that area of the forum
however there is another section of the forum called general community discussions
there is nothing against the rules to prevent discussions and debate of items that are on the do not suggest list in the general community discussion section of the forum
its just a matter of doing the debating and discussing in the proper section of the forum

DeletedUser99588

from my perspective you are confusing two issues
this forum has several different sections
one of those sections is called ideas
in that section there is a do not suggest list for topics that are not valid for suggestion in that area of the forum
however there is another section of the forum called general community discussions
there is nothing against the rules to prevent discussions and debate of items that are on the do not suggest list in the general community discussion section of the forum
its just a matter of doing the debating and discussing in the proper section of the forum

Cool, thank you for highlighting that, so we won't have anyone complaining that it is on the 'do not suggest list' in the discussion section of the forum when someone raises one of those ideas.

Maybe a moderator would like to confirm that is the case?

DeletedUser100133

When you post an idea that's is on the Do Not Suggest list, the Idea will be moved to the Do Not Suggest section of the ideas.
Also, there are votes added to ideas so you can vote yes or no or, if you not sure on the idea or like to discuss that idea you comment on it, but if you want to discuss a feature that you like adding to the game but it comes in line with the Do Not Suggest list, there is nothing stopping you from creating a General Discussing thread to discuss it as we encourage free will on the forum as long it's within the forum rules.