• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

CHANGE SHIELD RELEASE TIME

Do something about it at least instead of events and stupid special buildings at least?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Agent327

Overlord
The EN server is meant to be and has always been an international English language server not a UK server.

Then why is there also an American server?Do they speak a different language there? And why does the en servercome with a UK flag?

The EN reset time is convenient only for UK and European players - 8pm UK time - just after they've had their dinner.

8PM UK time isn't 8PM European time.

The EN server resets at between 5 and 7 in the morning for me and for players in other parts of Australia it is between 2 and 5 in the morning. For New Zealanders it is actually between 7 and 9 in the morning so people who work can't play easily either

For anyone in East Asia or Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific looking for an English language server and wanting to participate in GvG there is no server that has a reset time that is reasonable or in English. The closest is the Thai server and that is in Thai

Maybe the game is not meant for you.

Following your logic, given that the other European servers also reset at about the same time , it is entirely reasonable to suggest that players who want a UK evening reset time should go play with the French, the Germans, the Spanish, Italians, Danes, etc etc etc and the international server should be truly international.

They can, but it is not the same time.

Server resets have been adjusted by Inno in the past to accommodate and address server lag and performance and to achieve a fairer game balance for ALL players and there is no reason why they shouldn't be adjusted again in response to reasonable proposals

If that is the case how come they have been brought back to 8PM?

DeletedUser108429

Bring it on Inno.
Everyone wants it !
Do something for the international players... and let members like Agent327 play on their own country servers , and not to spam our threads with selfish opinions.

DeletedUser96785

No matter what server you are on there are players from other parts of world playing that server so really all servers should be flexible to getting more into gvg... to do this need to make more that one recalc etc as most guilds i know dont get all fighters at recalc no matter what server or what time recalc is.....
This idea is to try to spread out GvG and make it more widely available... why is it so hard for inno to try something dif on this instead of changing look of game or guests to produce diamond spending etc...
GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE PLAYERS.???
this is a game of people and groups of people.. they are all dif and all on at different times... gvg builds teams you want players interested.. change up gvg instead of endless EVENTS!!

Agent327

Overlord
This idea is to try to spread out GvG and make it more widely available... why is it so hard for inno to try something dif on this instead of changing look of game or guests to produce diamond spending etc...!

It isn't hard. It just has no priority. Look at all the changes in the game. The focus lies totally on the app and the PC game is adapted to that. There still is no GvG on the app? Why not if all the focus is on the app? Only conclusion can be that it will be dropped in due time.

Emberguard

Legend
The FoE team said it's impossible to code it for the app

My guess is if they ever being GvG to the app it won't be compatible with the desktop due to coding or they'll have to scrap what they have and re-do GvG altogether

DeletedUser101990

Completely agree, 8pm uk time to release all in GvG is causing lag and spoiling the game at that time whilst also stopping many people of other timezones been able to partake.. this is an international server.. 24 or even 12 hrs released from protection after been taken makes for a much better game. Perhaps 12 hrs protection and a futher 12 before retake would also improve GvG, but certainly dissasociate with the 8pm UK recalc.

DeletedUser114875

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier today. Here's my 2 cents worth.
1: If the reset time were to change it would certainly make all guilds become more diverse instead of mainly consisting of members that can be on line at the current reset time.
2: I think that a 24 hour reset after a sector has been conquered and not at the same time every day is a good idea.
3: An alternative to the idea is making reset a 23 or 25 hour (or some other rotation) activity. This would rotate reset allowing all time zones to participate and present all players with a greater range of times in the day to play the game.
4: I know that there are a lot of players out there that don't want any change at all. Change is not always a good thing however greater participation in the game from players all over the world and anything that will spread the load on the servers has to be considered.
Thanks for reading my post.
Regards,

Shad23

Emperor
Then why is there also an American server?Do they speak a different language there? And why does the en servercome with a UK flag?
accent is a bit diferent and they have diferent expresions but unless you talk on skype while playing you don't realy see a diference

DeletedUser99438

As suggested above somewhere, this will only create an easier path for abuse of drop and retake blocks. While I do like this technique and it has its uses, implementing anything that makes this task too easily achievable without direct challenge, will likely only prove to bring a barrage of other issues. Likely if implemented it will see a hoard of complaints after, similar to that of the change that saw calculation/reset time at 10am GMT (should be noted that after implementation, this was quickly u-turned) . Personally I don't see that working out very well, it's more likely to create a stalemate on the maps. If indefinite stalemate happens, people will become extremely frustrated and give up on GvG, kind of counterproductive, no?

That is easily remedied by just changing the current rule that you cannot release a sector and retake it till the following calc. Instead they put it so you cannot retake it for 24hrs from when it was released.

Not that I've thought this through much but still, that could likely be over-rided by using the sectors to the back of the retook sector and bouncing from one row and back to the other, creating a constant block at differing times that cannot be directly challenged. If you are off the map, it's probably going to make it difficult to get a footing on the map. It gives too much unfair advantage to the guild holding the sectors, that can't really be challenged. At least with the current system, they have a chance to steal! Additionally, it takes away the real-time competitive edge that GvG has. That imho is what makes GvG so fun. Where's the fun in fighting a computer? Isn't it more fun to have a real threat of loss and the mind of a real life opponent to challenge your moves?

1: If the reset time were to change it would certainly make all guilds become more diverse instead of mainly consisting of members that can be on line at the current reset time.

I can't be 100% sure, but from experience over the years, it would appear that the majority of players on this server are European, with a great number from the UK. If this is correct then the 8PM GMT time is likely a good medium for the majority of the players (generally ranging from between 7pm - 10pm depending on the country). Anyone from countries with similar timezones to the US would be able to attend reset at a similarly reasonable time for them on the US server. And while some Europeans have their own servers, they are not in English, thus if reset time changes for UK/Irish people here on this server ... there is no option for them to have a reset at a reasonable hour. The 10am calculation change some years ago proved this wasn't going to work out.

Last edited by a moderator: