• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

CHANGE SHIELD RELEASE TIME

Do something about it at least instead of events and stupid special buildings at least?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser

I support it considering it was my idea....lol
But full marks to PG for putting it forward :)

Should also be added that if under shield it should not be able to be released until the shield is gone
I mean if your taking a sector you should be forced to hold on to it for 24hrs not take it and release immediately or just before reset just so you can put it under shield again but Ghost Guilds will have a whinge about that!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96785

yep agreed.. get R & R out of game .. reduce lag.. and maybe even 2 recalcs so not all released at once...
just want the discussion started as all too shy? to get it going lol

DeletedUser107476

yep agreed.. get R & R out of game .. reduce lag.. and maybe even 2 recalcs so not all released at once...
just want the discussion started as all too shy? to get it going lol
I do not see there being two calculations as that is the time all power is added to the guild and would need a change in how too many things work.

I can agree that shields should last 24 hours from when a sector is captured though.

Agent327

Overlord
I mean if your taking a sector you should be forced to hold on to it for 24hrs not take it and release immediately or just before reset just so you can put it under shield again but Ghost Guilds will have a whinge about that!

Only the Guild that owns the sector knows the exact time the shield will be dropped and the sector can be attacked. For other Guilds it will be guessing. So this will make it a lot easier for Guilds to release a sector and conquer it right away. It will be a perfect method to secure your boundairies. Can't believe you guys don't see this and give it all a +1.

DeletedUser107476

Only the Guild that owns the sector knows the exact time the shield will be dropped and the sector can be attacked. For other Guilds it will be guessing. So this will make it a lot easier for Guilds to release a sector and conquer it right away. It will be a perfect method to secure your boundairies. Can't believe you guys don't see this and give it all a +1.
That is easily remedied by just changing the current rule that you cannot release a sector and retake it till the following calc. Instead they put it so you cannot retake it for 24hrs from when it was released.

Agent327

Overlord
That is easily remedied by just changing the current rule that you cannot release a sector and retake it till the following calc. Instead they put it so you cannot retake it for 24hrs from when it was released.

Haven't been playing GvG in a while, but last time I played you could release a sector and take it again right away. No need to wait for the calculation, so when did that change?

Not being able to retake it for 24 hrs would not make a difference. It would just inspire guilds to work together.

DeletedUser107476

Haven't been playing GvG in a while, but last time I played you could release a sector and take it again right away. No need to wait for the calculation, so when did that change?

Not being able to retake it for 24 hrs would not make a difference. It would just inspire guilds to work together.
This was the update that it happened.

DeletedUser112485

I support this idea....would like Inno to consider a trial at least. It would do away with the ongoing re-set lag issues.
It could possibly re-invigorate GvG.
Great Idea.

DeletedUser107476

To be honest though I am not sure if the lag is down to inno or the browsers people use. I switch browser to do GvG and get no lag on the one I use.

Agent327

Overlord
This was the update that it happened.

Thanks for showing.

As reason it states "we want to prevent guilds from trading sectors back an forth with each other" but with a 24hr timer thet will do it every 24hrs.

To be honest though I am not sure if the lag is down to inno or the browsers people use. I switch browser to do GvG and get no lag on the one I use.

It's a bit of both. With the right browser you will have less or no lag.

DeletedUser

Well something needs to change because as it is GVG is only in favour of those who live in the right time zone and makes it grossly unfair as it only benefits a select few players.
I live in OZ and I’m sure as hell not getting up at 5am in the morning to be hit by lag that no browser will fix as I have tried them all and on that note you shouldn’t need a special browser just to play FoE, that’s ridiculous!!
It comes down to the developer and the inappropriate server hardware that is being implemented which can’t handle the volume of connections at reset plain and simple!!

I have chosen to abandon GVG altogether until the issues get fixed which will probably be never!
On N World GVG has become a joke controlled by a ghost guild and no normal guild can play 24/7 like they do so what is the point of it?

DeletedUser112489

totally support this idea, would spread the lag over different time zones and allow players from other time zones to play (particularly the UK server alot players select this server as an english speaking one rather than the US), as mentioned a change also to 24hrs from releasing will also help.... is there a way to vote for this so we are heard... because Inno ..FOE...developers are hard of hearing..

Agent327

Overlord
Well something needs to change because as it is GVG is only in favour of those who live in the right time zone and makes it grossly unfair as it only benefits a select few players.I live in OZ and I’m sure as hell not getting up at 5am in the morning to be hit by lag that no browser will fix as I have tried them all and on that note you shouldn’t need a special browser just to play FoE, that’s ridiculous!!

That is a rather stupid complaint. Almost all players are in the right timezone. This game is developed for 24 countries and yours isn't one of them. So technically you are not supposed to play it. Since you are not supposed to play it, you have no right to complain about anything.

DeletedUser19452

Lets have a 3 hour defence times this will spread the fighting out, then everyone in different time zones has a chance to fight, all other calculation can be done at 8pm.

DeletedUser

Agent327....your a Forum Troll and are now on my ignore list

If you have nothing good to say then go jump off a bridge
You clearly don't understand this server is played by people all over the world and not just Great Britian......Love to see you force yourself out of Bed just to do some GVG for 10 minutes at 5:00Am aest
If they are going to offer a feature across timezones then it should be fair across all time zones not just in favour of the UK and Europe!!!!!

Agent327

Overlord
Agent327....your a Forum Troll and are now on my ignore list

Oh no! Please don't !!!

You clearly don't understand this server is played by people all over the world and not just Great Britian......Love to see you force yourself out of Bed just to do some GVG for 10 minutes at 5:00Am aest
If they are going to offer a feature across timezones then it should be fair across all time zones not just in favour of the UK and Europe!!!!!

I perfectly well do understand. If they are in a different time zone and still want to play here they should accept not everrything is suited for them. There are other timezones to play in.

DeletedUser104751

Good idea Pg.
It should give GvG higher quality and moving critical time from one minute to any time in 24 hours. Making more players interested in it.
Come on Inno, try it out pls. :))

DeletedUser108047

If they are in a different time zone and still want to play here they should accept not everrything is suited for them. There are other timezones to play in.

Actually no you are quite wrong and dismissively rude.

The EN server is meant to be and has always been an international English language server not a UK server.

The EN reset time is convenient only for UK and European players - 8pm UK time - just after they've had their dinner.

The EN server resets at between 5 and 7 in the morning for me and for players in other parts of Australia it is between 2 and 5 in the morning. For New Zealanders it is actually between 7 and 9 in the morning so people who work can't play easily either

For anyone in East Asia or Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific looking for an English language server and wanting to participate in GvG there is no server that has a reset time that is reasonable or in English. The closest is the Thai server and that is in Thai

Following your logic, given that the other European servers also reset at about the same time , it is entirely reasonable to suggest that players who want a UK evening reset time should go play with the French, the Germans, the Spanish, Italians, Danes, etc etc etc and the international server should be truly international.

Server resets have been adjusted by Inno in the past to accommodate and address server lag and performance and to achieve a fairer game balance for ALL players and there is no reason why they shouldn't be adjusted again in response to reasonable proposals

And to return to the original post... having already given it a +1 I can only again endorse it. This is a compromise proposal that does not seek to change the reset time for calculation but change the calculation of the gvg shield for conquered sectors - which would:
  • improve game play and strategy
  • potentially reduce lag and performance issues with the EN servers in GvG
  • potentially allow international players to play the game at the time that suits them
  • potentially retain players who are quitting the game because it is neither fair nor fairly accessible