• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Change in the defence stategy of defending Army

DeletedUser110907

I hope I am not the only person facing this problem. I am from contemporary era. The problem is that I have a neighbour who attacks me literally every day with 7 rogues and anti-aircraft vehicle. He's from my era as well era with a strong attack bonus. I have a very strong defence boost too, around 191%. I have tried multiple combinations for defending my city, strongest being 8 tanks. Now when I, or any other decent player would be playing, my first priority would be to eliminate all the other units before eliminating rogues, but my defence army would first of all hit all the rogues, turning them in to the strongest unit of the Army, which gives my opponent an extra chance to attack and defeat me. If there could have been any way out of this problem, i would have called it my strategy fault, but I have tried multiple combination of defence Army combination and it all ends up in the same result. Can we please make the defending army work on the logic of how human players act in a war. I have no issues if someone wins when he is stronger than me, but if someone is taking the advantage of the weakness of game logic, that is a matter of concern. Can the game developers kindly change this to a more realistic manner?? I need everyone's support on this issue as this is actually getting very hard to escape and its cost too much on my goods (which can't be motivated and saved from plunder)...

DeletedUser110195

Not saying this is an invalid concern, but if it's very bad, put up city shield or set 1 day collections at a time when you know you can be on. I'm having a similar issue, I'm industrial, some guy who should've been shuffled out monday who's in progressive does the same thing, I guess trying for InA tower points as he uses an InA unit on attack and 7 rogues, but has progressive units. Even my kills don't matter because they're all from traz. All we'd need is the defending AI to behave like the map AI and city attacks would become much more repelable.

rjs66

Lieutenant
bung a couple of missile batteries in - convert his rogues before they get to you
it probably won't stop him but might increase casualties

Please collect your goods on time - always set the production times for when you can be on. Any other approach is the "woes wit me" approach.

DeletedUser110615

+1
I don't have problems getting pillaged and am usually the one attacking. But defense AI should act smarter imo ...

DeletedUser103370

+1

The AI being smarter would result more challenging battles for the attacker, but more importantly there are cases, when it's simply worth not having defending armies at all, this way at least denying the points of your attacker. That's not good for anyone, the goal should be to make it worth in all circumstances to have a decent defense.

That being said, of course there are many-many things you can do to counter something like this, but they all work in special circumstances only. IE

- you can only collect in time, if you're able to be online every day exactly when you need to be, someone plays the game 24/7, others are working or have other RL issues which could prevent them doing the same
- using bonuses from tavern could work, but again, you may not be able to put up a shield every day

And we all know the other hundred things you can try, like friend your attacker, try to contact, different troop compositions etc., these are all things may or may not work in any given scenario.

All in all, I'd strongly support of the introduction of a better AI. Don't misunderstand the goal of this, nobody wants an impenetrable city, you'd still need to put up a decent army, you'd still need to have better defense bonuses, and everything else, but it would better reflect your defending capabilities, if the AI would behave more like you would, if it was a PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103370

There's already a working AI that deals reasonably with rogues - it's used when you fight on the continent map. Inno are just choosing not to use it in player-versus-player combat... who knows why.

hmmm.... interesting, I didn't know that.