• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Champions Retreat - Keep or sell?

DeletedUser

There appears to be some debate over whether the Champions Retreat is worth keeping. Effectively it is a barracks for Champions. I have two questions:

1) Does it produce Champions of the current Era, or does it continue to produce Champions of the era in which it was constructed?

2) Is it worth keeping, or should I sell it? The Antique Dealer thinks highly of it, he's offering 3240 + 2-5 on a 2 hour deal, that's TWICE as much as he offers on the Governor's Villa! And his offer rises to 4860 + 4-7 on a 1 day deal.
Keep in inventory untill you get an traz

DeletedUser

I just found a thread from 2014! People were slagging off the Champion's Retreat something awful. Apparently it doesn't up era unless you use a renovation or one-up kit, so the Champions are of little use. I'm thinking I'll sell it, I never use Champions in EMA, find them pretty useless, give me heavy cavalry instead!

Or am I just being a naive newbie?

PS

What's a "traz"
alcatraz
an GB that gives troops

Powe

Brigadier-General
I just found a thread from 2014! People were slagging off the Champion's Retreat something awful. Apparently it doesn't up era unless you use a renovation or one-up kit, so the Champions are of little use. I'm thinking I'll sell it, I never use Champions in EMA, find them pretty useless, give me heavy cavalry instead!

Or am I just being a naive newbie?

PS

What's a "traz"
I can hear the crowd chanting: Sell it! Sell it! Sell it!

It use to be 1 hover or 1 champ & 7 rogues was a good combo.

Champs after that became farts in the wind - I longer use them.

But that seems to be inno's way these days - distort, deceive, manipulate - get all they can lay those sticky, dirty hands on. It's like the insatiable lust for attack bldgs. - and - inno - playing everyone right into it.

Tell me - with all the added boost for attack & defense - Is your Attacking Armies that much stronger?

Powe

Brigadier-General
Well, yes. I heard the cries of the crowd, and acquiesced. I sold it last night. Got a tidy wad for it, and shall buy something useful, like perhaps another Drummer camp which gives 4% to an attacking army. And as we know, or rather I have been told everyday since starting, EVERY att point counts!
Drummer Camps are actually worse then Champion Retreats (Shall we call them CRs?). Past IA Military Drummers are completely useless.

Who said anything about using Military Drummers? I was talking about the 4% ATT bonus provided by the camp. Having a camp doesn't mean I have to train the troops!

Keep in mind - even if you don't use military drummers to attack with - they will be produced by Traz if you have that. Wasting production on your "Good" troops

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Am I right in thinking a Traz only produces the troops that I can get from the specific barracks etc. that are built in my city, and not troops from my Age?
And does it produce all the same type each collection or a mixture?

Powe

Brigadier-General
Am I right in thinking a Traz only produces the troops that I can get from the specific barracks etc. that are built in my city, and not troops from my Age?
A mixture of troops.

DeletedUser

If you only have 1 military barrack, then it'll only produce that type. 2 or more barracks will produce a mixture of troops. And these barracks don't have to be connected to a road.

DeletedUser

As for the Champions Retreat, I try to collect one from every Age, before aging up.

DeletedUser

Okay, call me slow. But it just occurred to me. The Tactician Tower gives an attack bonus to DEFENDING army, while the Drummer School gives an attack bonus to ATTACKING army. The two are not comparable!
Maybe not, but look on the bright side. One will help you steal loot, while the other protects your loot...:P

DeletedUser

what happens if you have no barracks and you collect from traz do you get spearfighters?

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
There appears to be some debate over whether the Champions Retreat is worth keeping. Effectively it is a barracks for Champions. I have two questions:

1) Does it produce Champions of the current Era, or does it continue to produce Champions of the era in which it was constructed?

2) Is it worth keeping, or should I sell it? The Antique Dealer thinks highly of it, he's offering 3240 + 2-5 on a 2 hour deal, that's TWICE as much as he offers on the Governor's Villa! And his offer rises to 4860 + 4-7 on a 1 day deal.

If you dont do GvG you dont need past age Champions Retreat, secondly champs are probably just useful in few ages (PME, CE, TE). In rest of the ages they are just blah...