• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Battle) Champion Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Make the new Champion unit "no age", like rogues, to make it a more attractive unit as well as more useful during a players FoE career. The Champion would assume the age of the latest-age unit that it is currently grouped with. If fielded alone, or an army of all champions (for whatever reason someone would do this), the champion would assume the age you are currently in.

Reason: As it currently stands, the Champion is of your current age. Many players are fighting battles across several ages, and being able to utilize this unique troop type in any of these battles is a benefit to anyone who has them. Since champions of all ages statistics have already been implemented, and an existing unit (rogues) can do something very similar, having them assume the age of the rest of their army shouldn't present much trouble.

Details: As stated above, a champions statistics and age would be applied depending upon the latest age of troops they are currently deployed with.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance: Since anyone with Champions can use this ability, balance shouldn't be much of an issue. This will likely be a bigger benefit to players in a low age when they receive a champion, since it will be "upgraded" more times than a person already in FoE's latest age. In addition, since a Champions boosts are relatively minor, and having very many of them is difficult due to barracks restraints, I don't imagine it will have a huge impact on fighting - simply make the unit a bit more attractive and increase it's "shelf life" in a players village.

Abuse Prevention: None needed. The lengthy training time, along with a single slot (2 with diamonds) will prevent tons of champions (Alcatraz will help of course). Regardless, the unit isn't so powerful that having lots of them will create a significant advantage for players wishing to max out on them.

Summary: Champion has a very limited "shelf life", especially for early age players (when advancing ages happens faster). This change would make the Champion a more attractive addition to any village without being overly powerful or abusable.

DeletedUser7719

I'll +1 the idea, but I'm really going to hate them implementing this since I'm not going to get any Champions with their current stats :p

DeletedUser1081

Sounds good to me too. For sure they need to change something if the unit's supposed to be of any interest.

DeletedUser2989

Original Post "Proposal: Make the new Champion unit "no age", like rogues, to make it a more attractive unit as well as more useful during a players FoE career. The Champion would assume the age of the latest-age unit that it is currently grouped with. If fielded alone, or an army of all champions (for whatever reason someone would do this), the champion would assume the age you are currently in."

I'm not sure how easy that would be to code, sounds like a cool idea though. If it is possible I'd support this as I'm not sure their current "reno kit" idea is really going to help make this unit useful either. +1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

+1 from me. Haven't bothered building mine as it really isn't anything special with its current stats and not sure why they bothered. If it was no age it would be useful and built straight away.

DeletedUser14881

I don't understand why so many players think the Champions are that bad. I don't have a superb set of GBs (in matter of levels) to give incredible boosts, but I was looking now and they're not that bad.

They're bad as all Fast Units are (IMHO, ok) but I do see some usefulness to them, but only as a single Champion in a team (which makes historical sense - one team, one Champion)

DeletedUser7719

I don't understand why so many players think the Champions are that bad. I don't have a superb set of GBs (in matter of levels) to give incredible boosts, but I was looking now and they're not that bad.

They're bad as all Fast Units are (IMHO, ok) but I do see some usefulness to them, but only as a single Champion in a team (which makes historical sense - one team, one Champion)
The boost given from them is negated by the amount of extra points they bring compared to its Fast Unit counterpart. A ME Champion gives almost 3x the points as a mechanized infantry.
I'm not saying they are completely useless, but the fact that a Retreat costs 300 eggs and can only produce 1 of them a day kinda of makes it hard for me wanting to get them :p

DeletedUser15432

Well, I would like champions to be all age like rogues, however, if this were implemented, they would also probably implement the other features of the rogue unit.

I do occasionally field an entire army of champions, simply because the city I besiege has a defence of 8 progressive age champions, and as champions are the only progressive age unit I have, I must use them to get a victory - 3 battles - once per day and have scored 30000+, 29000+ and 28000+ battle points respectively which equates to 600, 580 and 560 game points

DeletedUser

+1 here, seems like a great idea, until now i only regret building a champions retreat, i got a renovation kit for champions retreat, but now i' m thinking that it would be better to delete the champions instead of wasting my renovation kit on them.

DeletedUser110255

+1 makes it easier. i dont have to swap them out of my defence when i reach a new age

DeletedUser

+1 I like the idea and id to suggest the champions retreats have a option were i can set the age i want to use it for.
Of course the setting only allows you to go to up to the current age the play is at,

Agent327

Overlord
I see a few problems. For one, what age will Champions be on the All Ages map in GvG? Second, a rogue is always a light unit. The Champion changes from fast unit to heavy unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.