• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Champion (type of soldier)

DeletedUser

Im Emma but
Use your champions wisely only use ONE per battle and dont use them in a battle with mostly light units use heavy instead

I like champions, they give more battle points when you kill them :D

They're OK in the early eras but aren't that great, you win enough from GE so I wouldn't bother wasting space on the barracks if you have one

Cuthwolf

Captain
I have a barracks in store and will place in when SAV opens. I will then have some current units before researching the first military tech. They were great for stocking and harvesting GVG sectors before that was stopped :(

I have a barracks in store and will place in when SAV opens.
I thought the barracks were age related so anything in your inventory will be saab at best?

For SAV, I will leave my dojos uncollected, level them with 1ups as soon as I'm in SAV and then collect. Not much but a couple of units straight away is nice

Emberguard

Legend
Champions have two abilities. One for being alive. One for being dead. The living bonus only applies to the Champion itself. The dead bonus only applies to the Champions allies. If you care about the living bonus then never pair it with Rogues as it'll lose the bonus the moment a Rogue transforms and will only get it back when it's the last Champion alive.

1595436365950.png

Of course this does mean if you have more then one Champion then the Chivalry bonus will activate. It just won't be at the start of battle. Instead it'll be when you only have one Champion left

Emberguard

Legend
Oh yeah. Knight (HMA) and Heavy Knight (LMA) have the Chivalry bonus as well. So pairing them with Champion would be rather pointless if you're after Chivalry bonus

syjytg

Master Corporal
Call of Duty will apply even when there are more than 1 Champion? The bonus will also be given to other non-dead Champions?

Powe

Brigadier-General
Im Emma but
Use your champions wisely only use ONE per battle and dont use them in a battle with mostly light units use heavy instead
I once defeated 8 field guns with 8 HMA champions. By the time you're in LMA and facing CA units that's their only use by that point.