• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Castle System - Feedback

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Not 3 buffs - it stays the same, but "spend x amount of tavern silver" is now broken.

You don't have to bother with the castle - it will very slowly gain points over time by normal gameplay - mainly battles, negotiations and daily quests.

Playing for almost 1 week with the castle system, I noticed what is the purpose of it. It's targeting players who buy diamonds, giving them significant amounts of castle points. Other means for obtaining points are very limited (just 15 fights & negotiations), forcing players to wait couple of years for leveling it up. It's kinda obvious.

Also by that system the devs are moving towards indirect locking diamond purchases to the world in which they were bought. Players who have for example 3 worlds would have to pay 3 times for the castle.

I see that last updates have the disturbing amount of changes to the reward system, taking away the means for dedicated players to gain diamonds or huge amounts of goods. RQ limit, removing WW from the events and bottlenecking the castle system is pushing towards the only option left - in game shop.

One of the thing that was the most impressive for me in FoE was the not so greedy system of pay to win, but sadly that is changing with the latest updates. It's still the great game, but the direction is clearly towards polarizing and separating premium from the free users.

The castle is great, but the daily limits for all the things other than buying diamond packages sends a bad mesage.
Despite cashplayers basically being the pillar of this game, I agree with this post.
Cashplayers should be rewarded, but not this way. I already mentioned that Castle System is supposed to be a grindfest, and should be only that, not a "who will spend more money on a game" competition.
Much vetter way to reward cashplayers is premium membership with nice bonuses for "premium" players.

So what - if some players pay their way to the top with diamonds, or cheat their way to the top with bots and macros, or don't have a life and spend all their time with FOE and build up multiple diamond cities, or all of it rolled into one; rich cheaters with no life but FOE?
Let them have their place on the top. It doesn't matter. It doesn't ruin the fun of the game for the rest of the more casual players. What difference does it make if a few players rush their new Castle to lvl 15 in a short time?

Last edited:

Burpo

Sergeant
The advantage is not an outrageous one anyway.
The max bonus for lvl 15 castle is 45% attack and defence.
A free player will have 1000% attack/defence within a few years.
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that people are spending x dollars just to get an extra 4.5% boost (45/1000 * 100)
Has anybody worked out how much it is to get lvl 15 immediately?

Behelit

Private
Maybe you really do need to grow up. Your whining and complaining lately is absolutely 'kinder garden attitude'. Since it is generally just spoiled children and spoiled adults that need to complain to much, especially something that cost them ZERO dollars. The whole Castle System was added as a FREE optional content that you can use or ignore. So yes - DON'T LIKE IT should mean DON'T PLAY IT.
Making a negative comment is just that, making a comment for feedback. Making multiple negative comments is whining - it is no longer feedback.

Chill out and let me "whine" in peace. Attacking my ideas would be fine, but going after my comments just because there is some negative feedback in them is so boring... Seriously. Especially because it seems to me that you believe I dislike the castle system - which is wrong assumption. Read calmly what I wrote and then maybe you'll get it.

Anyway.

Cashplayers should be rewarded, but not this way. I already mentioned that Castle System is supposed to be a grindfest, and should be only that, not a "who will spend more money on a game" competition.
Much vetter way to reward cashplayers is premium membership with nice bonuses for "premium" players.

Yes, that's my point - so far the game was mostly rewarding commitment and I would love to see it moving in that direction. There was obviously a competitive gap between premium and non premium but the devs left some ways for the community to catch up - even with diamonds. Some may dislike diamond farms as a playstyle that is harming the game but I disagree - it's creative and requires a lot of work. The castle is a great addition, but rather than having 15 levels and daily limits, why not have 100 levels and really reward those players who fight hundreds of battles everyday to really let the castle reflects the effort.

The advantage is not an outrageous one anyway.
The max bonus for lvl 15 castle is 45% attack and defence.
A free player will have 1000% attack/defence within a few years.
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that people are spending x dollars just to get an extra 4.5% boost (45/1000 * 100)
Has anybody worked out how much it is to get lvl 15 immediately?

Hah, you do have a point. I play on Tuulech so the advantage is significant in the early days, but over time, it will be balanced. The satisfaction of moving ahead of someone who spend a lot of money thanks to better strategy is really something. As long as free/low spending users will have some alternative options left to catch up...

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The castle is a great addition, but rather than having 15 levels and daily limits, why not have 100 levels and really reward those players who fight hundreds of battles everyday to really let the castle reflects the effort.
They get well rewarded for farming in GbG, how many more rewards are needed? make it 100 Manual battles a day at least not tippy tappy auto fighting/farming

They get well rewarded for farming in GbG, how many more rewards are needed?
The rewards we get from the castle are different than what we get from GBG and elsewhere. They are not just more fps, goods, diamonds and troops. They are new types of rewards that we don't get from anywhere else. We get att/def boosts, tavern cost reductions, campaign map time reductions, finish ALL productions items, extra AD slots, extra emissaries slots, PvP attempts time reductions ... and more.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The rewards we get from the castle are different than what we get from GBG and elsewhere. They are not just more fps, goods, diamonds and troops. They are new types of rewards that we don't get from anywhere else. We get att/def boosts, tavern cost reductions, campaign map time reductions, finish ALL productions items, extra AD slots, extra emissaries slots, PvP attempts time reductions ... and more.
Im referring to the rewards for 100’s of battles a day in GbG to be added to the castle system, im well aware of the new rewards you can pick up along the way and have no issue with not reaching lvl 15 anytime soon

Burpo

Sergeant
Yes, that's my point - so far the game was mostly rewarding commitment and I would love to see it moving in that direction. There was obviously a competitive gap between premium and non premium but the devs left some ways for the community to catch up - even with diamonds. Some may dislike diamond farms as a playstyle that is harming the game but I disagree - it's creative and requires a lot of work. The castle is a great addition, but rather than having 15 levels and daily limits, why not have 100 levels and really reward those players who fight hundreds of battles everyday to really let the castle reflects the effort.

I dislike the 'weight' being applied to fighting.
I started the game because I like the idea of "building an empire" and advancing through future ages, trading and making friends and alliances as I go.
Yes, fighting is part of any empire but FoE has now become too focussed on this part of the game.
GbG should be toned down and attrition should play a bigger part - unlimited fights and rewards due to SCs are a blight on the game.
The castle system is trying to bring in more of the other aspects of the game.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
crazy diamond spending people in T already has at lv 16, meanwhile people who dont want crazy delpletion of money is mostly stuck on lv 4. no matter how much you fight or negotiate for castle system daily, its going to take ages to reach level unless you buy diamonds for cash! seems like this was just another plot for inno to make players buy and spend money LOL
purchasing diamond gives enormous amount of points meanwhile others gives so less points

seriously, this castle system is telling people "buy diamonds now" : (

I don't feel obliged or encouraged to buy diamonds just because Inno keeps on coming up with features that are supposed to tempt us to spend money on the game - or because a few other players rush to the top with diamonds.
It doesn't bother me that some players are more wealthy than I am and have the means to progress faster in the game than I can. I have no intensions or desire to try to catch up with them. I'm happy someone pays for the game. Without them there would be no game.
I don't care how long it takes to level the castle - for me or for other players. It gives me some rewards. That's nice. But it's not something I need as such.
It doesn't matter if I don't get all the daily 15 negotiations or something else done. I don't feel "forced" - as someone claimed - to do something I don't want to do. It doesn't affect the way I like to play the game. It hasn't changed anything for me. Except that now I get some nice rewards for doing something I do anyway. Can't complain about that :-)

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I don't care how long it takes to level the castle - for me or for other players. It gives me some rewards. That's nice. But it's not something I need as such.
It doesn't matter if I don't get all the daily 15 negotiations or something else done. I don't feel "forced" - as someone claimed - to do something I don't want to do. It doesn't affect the way I like to play the game. It hasn't changed anything for me. Except that now I get some nice rewards for doing something I do anyway. Can't complain about that :-)
I am sorry, but I do think you are being "forced".
As you play your game in your own style negotiations or combat, purchasing anything from the AD - you are FORCED to accept Castle Points. As those points accumulate, it will start FORCING you to have increased combat damage, increased coins and supplies, FORCED to have access to more portraits - and more. You cannot turn this off. You are FORCED to accept these benefits whether you want to or not - just by playing your game in your own way, without spending any real life money whatsoever. This Castle System will automatically upgrade as you unwillingly earn more Castle Points, and you are FORCED to keep accepting more and more benefits - all for the low, low costs of NOTHING but playing your game, just as you have been doing these past years. It is a shame.

Emberguard

Legend
seriously, this castle system is telling people "buy diamonds now" : (
There is one way Free to Play can use diamonds instead of cash: Antiques Dealer. Refresh shelf items. Buy all shelf items. Rinse and repeat.

Would it be worth doing it that way? Possibly not. But if you‘ve already got a bunch of Wishing Well farms, and a decent amount of stuff to sell to the Dealer, then that’s what a Free to Play player would need to do to speed it up

Emberguard

Legend
As you play your game in your own style negotiations or combat, purchasing anything from the AD - you are FORCED to accept Castle Points. As those points accumulate, it will start FORCING you to have increased combat damage, increased coins and supplies, FORCED to have access to more portraits - and more. You cannot turn this off. You are FORCED to accept these benefits whether you want to or not - just by playing your game in your own way, without spending any real life money whatsoever. This Castle System will automatically upgrade as you unwillingly earn more Castle Points, and you are FORCED to keep accepting more and more benefits - all for the low, low costs of NOTHING but playing your game, just as you have been doing these past years. It is a shame.
Are you saying you want a way to disable and enable the castle?

I could, hypothetically, try to challenge myself and play the game without battles and negotiation or anything else that gives rewards, then I wouldn't be forced to receive the castle points and rewards either.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Are you saying you want a way to disable and enable the castle?
I do not, but some people may want to. In fact, it is possible to disable your castle level, so if someone is visiting you, they will not be able to know what level your castle is. Why someone would want to do this, I do not know - but if Inno built this feature into the settings - why not have a way to disable the entire castle as well.

Emberguard

Legend
try to challenge myself and play the game without battles and negotiation or anything else that gives rewards,
You’d have no Map boosts, no Quests in your main city (because you didn’t take the second sector of the first province you’ve locked your quests), no Antiques Dealer and very limited Event progress. You might get some Lvl 1 buildings which would help your city, you might get a Daily Special here or there making Events that regenerate tickets every 8 hrs quite profitable, but you would be guaranteeing you don’t complete Event buildings.

Basically you’d be relying almost exclusively on Great Buildings and your Settlements (minus Egypt which cannot be done without fighting) to get you access to goods producing buildings. Flying Island would be a must if you want access to One Up kits. Space Carrier would be a requirement once you get to SAM as otherwise you’d be unable to progress on the techtree

Emberguard

Legend
I do not, but some people may want to. In fact, it is possible to disable your castle level, so if someone is visiting you, they will not be able to know what level your castle is. Why someone would want to do this, I do not know - but if Inno built this feature into the settings - why not have a way to disable the entire castle as well.
Main reason I would think is to hide that they’re Pay to Play.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
There are a few possible reasons:
1. You probably want to hide the fact you rushed the Castle System with Diamonds;
2. You don't want other players to see level of your Castle Systen so they don't know how big additional bonus to defense you have (just a guess).
But first point is much closer to reality.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The
There are a few possible reasons:
1. You probably want to hide the fact you rushed the Castle System with Diamonds;
2. You don't want other players to see level of your Castle Systen so they don't know how big additional bonus to defense you have (just a guess).
But first point is much closer to reality.
can the castle be removed from the city screen layout view?