• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Carnival Event drop rates

DeletedUser112892

Look at it in another way. Only one third into the event and you already have 4 out of 10 pieces needed. You are certain to get 3 more and you are still going to pick up a prize of 3000 florins. So now you have twice the time it took you to collect 4 pieces and you only need to collect 3.

How can it be utter garbage? If you guys do not get a complete and upraded set on day one you start to stress and ofcourse the event sucks again. You stll have 13+ days to go!!!!
I think I should just start accumulating Florins and in forward plan which buildings/upgrade kits I plan to get as special prizes and which to get from questline and league placement.
From now on, maybe it is best to keep accumulating Florins until 5 days prior to the end :P

DeletedUser116799

WOW, what are the odds of that happening?
Well, you have an 85% chance of failing each time. The chance of failing twice in a row is .85*.85 = 72%. 15 times in a row? 0.85^15 (.85 to the power of 15) = 8.7%. So more likely to happen than winning the special prize on a single play of some of the chests.
So can you please tell me what are the odds of failing to get the prize from the last machine (with double odds so that's 10%) 55 times in a row? And yes I have so far managed to get only one event building while being gold tier or super close to it depending on the day. RNG on this event is truly terrible.

DeletedUser116572

So can you please tell me what are the odds of failing to get the prize from the last machine (with double odds so that's 10%) 55 times in a row? And yes I have so far managed to get only one event building while being gold tier or super close to it depending on the day. RNG on this event is truly terrible.
about 1 in 300
or a little less likely than flipping a coin and getting 8 heads in a row
or throwing a die and getting a 6 three times in a row

DeletedUser

about 1 in 300

Put in other words, 0.304325%, which, considering the amount of people who play FoE, should have happened several times.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
about 1 in 300
Considering I once rolled three 1's on three dice twice in a row, (while needing to only roll a total of 4+ on those 3 dice added together!), I stay the hell away from those other two 'chance' games!lol.

Hence why I'm also such a terrible table top mini wargamer. :(

DeletedUser114093

I thought it was just me who thinks this Carnival Event is the worst ever. Glad to see that I'm not alone in being absolutely disgusted with it. Hope Inno are paying attention to these remarks and do something better next time.

The amount of resources being wasted to get through the challenges is obscene, and as usual, it seems that the only way to get ahead is to spend money on diamonds [something I refuse to do for a supposedly "free" game].

The Carnival buildings look good it's just a shame they are as rare as hen's teeth in trying to get them. Having said that in just one of my worlds I have managed to get the same building 3 times [but being a large building I've only built one]. If only we could transfer these prizes between worlds in the same way as we can with diamonds.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.... and get back to maintaining my worlds.

Agent327

Overlord
The amount of resources being wasted to get through the challenges is obscene, and as usual, it seems that the only way to get ahead is to spend money on diamonds [something I refuse to do for a supposedly "free" game].

The game isn't supposedly free. It is free. It just offers you extra opportunities if you want to pay. If you do not want to do that there is nobody forcing you to do it anyhow. It is your choice so you have no ground for your whining. It is those that do pay that make it "free" for you.

The Carnival buildings look good it's just a shame they are as rare as hen's teeth in trying to get them. Having said that in just one of my worlds I have managed to get the same building 3 times [but being a large building I've only built one]. If only we could transfer these prizes between worlds in the same way as we can with diamonds.

You can not transfer diamonds between worlds. Diamonds are in your account and you can use them on all worlds. Buildings are limited to the world you get them on and there is a very good reason for that. Ever heard of pushing?

DeletedUser109379

I'm just waiting for this nightmarish event to end tbh.
I positively hate gambling in real life and certainly won't allow it to ruin it for me here in a supposedly relaxing game.

I dont know if its just me, but for having a 9-11% reward chance on average, the actual chamce of getting the special reward (namely the event buildings) doesnt seem to add up. Ive had 2 instances of spending 3k+ florins on at least 15 chests and walking away with no special rewards. In fact, Ive spent 18k so far and have acquired a maybe a couple of special rewards. I feel the chance of acquiring them doesnt add
I dont know if its just me, but for having a 9-11% reward chance on average, the actual chamce of getting the special reward (namely the event buildings) doesnt seem to add up. Ive had 2 instances of spending 3k+ florins on at least 15 chests and walking away with no special rewards. In fact, Ive spent 18k so far and have acquired a maybe a couple of special rewards. I feel the chance of acquiring them doesnt add up. :/

Yes I'm the same, I've acquired nothing that I wouldn't have gotten by playing the daily challenge or the expedition. This questline is a joke.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It almost seemed like Inno used a 'fixed rng' system this event...
Either you got 'RNG blessed' and got a full Lv2 set, or close to it, or else you sweet feth-all and struggled to even make a single Lv.1 set. :(

In my guild on my main world, we had 1 person manage a Lv.2 set out of 38 players.
Most of us though didn't even manage a complete Lv.1 set, and also noticed our luck was very similar across multiple worlds. (ie: just completely screwed in all cities!)

Of course, I'm sure that this event sadly will be Inno's biggest money-maker of the year, simply due to 'fools + gambling = profits'. >.<

DeletedUser116771

I'd managed to walk away with a full lvl 2 set thanks to the final quest reward and finishing in Gold. I know of at least 2 others in my guild that got multiple sets and didn't spend near the same amount of Florins. >.<

Oh well, anyways, event's over. Hopefully Spring Event works out better. :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'd managed to walk away with a full lvl 2 set thanks to the final quest reward and finishing in Gold. I know of at least 2 others in my guild that got multiple sets and didn't spend near the same amount of Florins. >.<

Oh well, anyways, event's over. Hopefully Spring Event works out better. :)
Lol! That's gotta be one of the best 40k memes ever!;)
Just wish I could burn that horriawful carnival event with some actual (warp)flame. :P

- Your local, friendly, neighbourhood Tzeentch player

DeletedUser116771

Lol! That's gotta be one of the best 40k memes ever!;)
Just wish I could burn that horriawful carnival event with some actual (warp)flame. :P

- Your local, friendly, neighbourhood Tzeentch player
It's been my longtime favourite 40k meme :P

What is Tzeench? That does not sound like a part of the Greater Good. >:D