• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2018

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Check out our Carnival Event coming to your city on Thursday 22nd. The event has a bunch of new content for you all to enjoy. The full announcement can be found here, and our Wiki Page for the event can be found here!

Please leave any feedback or questions below :)

Richard and Team

Galladhorn

Monarch
Well the Venzian theme fits perfect for the OF - So that is a really fine theme to re ignite and I personally like how the Venzian theme looks overall - it´s well designed and I´m seeing forward to play it.

- It would though be rather cool if something named a Bridge also would have the ability of a road - at least in the direction of the Bridge.
I know its essentially for the Idea Forum, but right with this building it would make a lot of sense, and yes add a new type of double function building.
But I´m guessing that one building being a connector type, would not completely ruin the game balance.

Anyways on With Venzian Carnival :hide::zzz::P

One Question:
- Will some of the first gen Venzian buildings. like the Villa be included in this Campaign?.

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
- Will some of the first gen Venzian buildings. like the Villa be included in this Campaign?.
I think I recall seeing all of last year's Carnival event buildings in this year's Chests as well during the event on Beta.

Also, with the Neighbourhood competitive element of the event, can we confirm that there will not be any Neighbourhood reshuffles until after the end of the event?

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Bit late

Venice Carnival 2018 ran from January 27th until February 13th

To many events now to get the timing right?

DeletedUser110433

Valentines event on 22nd of February.... a tiny bit late eh? I think last week it was promised on 21st and now another day delay... General question is: how much of a buggy version will this event be?

LadyHecate

Major-General
Valentines event on 22nd of February.... a tiny bit late eh? I think last week it was promised on 21st and now another day delay... General question is: how much of a buggy version will this event be?
It's not a Valentine's event, it's the seasonal Carnival event.
And the only bug I experienced on the Beta event was today when getting the final quest which auto-completed for all players by mistake! I'd be quite happy to keep that bug when it hits Live servers.

DeletedUser109552

I wanted to inform all players about my newest video, it is about the carnival event:

Since 2 years I am publishing videos about Forge of Empires. You will find a video about nearly everything in my channel FoEhints. Have fun watching it - it is free of course.

LadyHecate

Major-General
General question is: how much of a buggy version will this event be?
Contrary to my previous post, Beta users experienced a major bug right at the end of the event when the reward chests disappeared and players holding 100s of Florins found themselves watching the countdown to the end of the event with nothing to spend their Florins on!

DeletedUser110433

It's not a Valentine's event, it's the seasonal Carnival event.
And the only bug I experienced on the Beta event was today when getting the final quest which auto-completed for all players by mistake! I'd be quite happy to keep that bug when it hits Live servers.
Too bad i did not make a screenshot at the time, but 1 week ago below the regular game window there was an article it WAS promised on 21st and it had Valentine word somewhere in the description. I am not surprised that one disappeared without a trace, but at least i got a few laughs.
Main point was, that it feels rushed.

Agent327

Overlord
Too bad i did not make a screenshot at the time, but 1 week ago below the regular game window there was an article it WAS promised on 21st and it had Valentine word somewhere in the description. I am not surprised that one disappeared without a trace, but at least i got a few laughs.
Main point was, that it feels rushed.

Did not disappear without a trace. Valentine was replaced by the Carnival last year. It is very well possible that ther are still mistakes in the announcements.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
While I never played in the previous Valentine's themed events, (no Tree of Love for me I guess?!), I still would much rather this Carnival style event, where I know I can win various prizes, vs. yet another damn cultural building that I'll never, ever need.

Agent327

Overlord
While I never played in the previous Valentine's themed events, (no Tree of Love for me I guess?!), I still would much rather this Carnival style event, where I know I can win various prizes, vs. yet another damn cultural building that I'll never, ever need.

Good news for you then. There is a big chance you will still win a tree of love :P

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
FoE Newsletter - Carnival Edition's just been issued! Free Carnival Tickets!!:D
index.php

DeletedUser109966

No Vitruvian Man available as a prize as there was on beta... ???