• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cant understand troops not dying quicker

Major Spank

Private
I have 256%/196% att/def. Why is it that my PME tank for example can not kill a PME tank at say 50% when the numbers (Even allowing for bonuses etc.) say it should be dead in 1 shot. My tank is 285 attack compared to a 50% tank been 140. That to me seems I have double the amount needed, yet not dead in 1 shot

DeletedUser110131

It seems to me that there's either an exponential factor to the damage a single attack can cause, making the final one or two health points much harder to take. It also seems that the first health point costs more to take. If you infiltrate an army, and take off that first point, you can take out a unit that would otherwise be left with more than just one point. What's for sure is that they've done something to make instakill very difficult. Even a Rogue against a Spearfighter will often fail to instakill, if the spearfighter has terrain bonus, and the Rogue's attack is 14+ times the Spearfighter's defense. That should be enough to leave nothing but a smear on the ground.

If anyone knows exactly what the attack/defense/damage equation is, I'd be very interested in hearing it.

DeletedUser100458

yes it makes me question whether it's actually worth levelling up those gb's or not. it would be interesting to hear opinions.

DeletedUser110131

it makes me question whether it's actually worth levelling up those gb's or not.
If you're fighting against units with bonuses of their own, or higher era troops, bonuses for your troops can mean the difference between needing two strikes to take out an enemy, or needing three or more. That's a pretty important difference; needing three strikes against an enemy that needs only two, is a huge handicap. Against same era troops without bonuses, bonuses will rarely get you a kill in one strike, but the enemy troops may need three or more strikes to kill your troops. So, yes, levelling these buildings is worth it, if your game style includes fighting.

DeletedUser96901

attack and damage aren't linear
double attack isn't double damage

to be able to kill an unit with one shot your attack value must be time 10 times higher than the defense value

DeletedUser110676

to be able to kill an unit with one shot your attack value must be time 10 times higher than the defense value
Can confirm. My PME troops can't one shot anything unless they're EMA or earlier, maaaybe HMA.