• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Can't reach en0.forgeofempires.com (chrome)

DeletedUser102542

I have played Forge of Empires for years with Google Chrome with no problems. Right now I was playing normally and was changing from one world to other and I could not reach en.forgeofempires.com at all. All I get is white screen with ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. F5 did not help, neither did CTRL+F5. I cleared everything on my browser (chrome) and restarted with same results. Oddly enough, finnish server (I am located in Finland) is working fine on the same browser.
Next I installed Firefox and tried to login to english FoE with it, I could actually reach the main screen (en.forgeofempires.com) but after entering my login details (when site redirects to en0.forgeofempires.com) I get the same ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. So is the server down ? Everything has been working fine all through the day for me, I have not made any changes to my system or browser. I don't have another device or access to another connection. Then again, finnish server is working fine right at this moment.

DeletedUser102542

I think the reached page with Firefox was from cache. Now when refreshing can't reach the site even with Firefox, all I get is ERR_CONNECTION. Finnish site fi.forgeofempires.com is working fine and dandy.

DeletedUser102542

I managed to reach en.forgeofempires with Chrome using Incognito mode. But after entering my username and password you guessed it: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Finnish world works. This sucks big time. Luckily I have no good productions etc. critically finishing right now on any of the english worlds.

DeletedUser102542

Have you ran ccleaner on your computer?

No I have not and I would hesitate to install and run bigger clean ups other than reachable via browser's or system's own functions. Especially since the same browser game works on another url at this very moment (fi.forgeofempires.com)

DeletedUser107476

finnish server I would assume has less players and thus needs less running speed.

DeletedUser102542

finnish server I would assume has less players and thus needs less running speed.

Yes it has. But I would imagine if it would be a browser or flash related problem finnish server would not work either. I have rather new laptop and this is the only issue I am having on any browser.

DeletedUser102542

Website is up again and working. Don't have a clue what that was, but it was not on my end it seems. Website was unreachable for me around 2 hours, just came home from walk and can reach en.forgeofempires.com again. Maybe some admin did something. This can be sorted as solved.

Amy Steele

General
Thanks folks! There was indeed an issue accessing the game for a short while, which was quickly fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience, and the delayed reply here.

DeletedUser102542

Same thing happening again. I was able to reach Arvahall around 15 minutes ago (when came home from work) but when proceeded to Brisgard getting the familiar ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT again. Learned from the last time, I will not start checking my computer but simply waiting.

fi.forgeofempires.com working just fine (I am in Finland) so the issue is not reaching en.forgeofempires.com from here (not even the main page at the moment).

DeletedUser102542

Needless to say, a few hours of not being able to reach en worlds will totally ruin the game for that day. I'm thinking could the reason be the "token" things on the address bar ? When deleting that by hand and trying to reach url en.forgeofempires.com the token part is (sometimes) added back.

DeletedUser102542

Thanks folks! There was indeed an issue accessing the game for a short while, which was quickly fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience, and the delayed reply here.

I don't know are Amy and I talking about the same issue. Last time it was 2+ hours now it's soon be 30 minutes.