• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cant log in - only loads to 84%

DeletedUser107714

• World: NOARSIL
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m
  • Overview of the bug: Cant log in
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Always (since upgrade)
  • Urgency: - YES high
  • Preventative Actions: ??? Not sure
  • Summary:

I have rebooted / upgraded my Google Chrome browser (I had lots of PC slowness / background activities)

I am running Windows 8. Latest version of Chrome. I can access other websites / games Ok with no problems.

Now, i try to load Forgeofempires ( https://en13.forgeofempires.com/game/index?ref=&pid=&canvas= ) and it loads up to 40%, waits 5 secs or so, loads to 65% & then stops, & now sitting on 84% for last 15 minutes or so...

it wont load to 100%.

I CAN get it on my mobile phone - just tested it now. Just not my main PC.

• I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, I thought i reported this a few months ago, but i can only find 2 posts by me. & not about this problem.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

it is not in that area.

EDIT: I've seen a few other threads (eg https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?30062-Can-t-login )

i HAVE cleared my browser history.. & can only now get to 77% loaded.

(PS a bad website is one where a person needs to clear their browser history - it should automatically clear)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, gordykins.

Can you please attempt running the game in incognito mode (click here for instructions) and see if that makes a change. If it doesn't help, please attempt loading the game through a different browser. Let us know if either works.

A website cannot clear browser history, the history is on your own browser and device. You -can- set up a browser so that it clears its history whenever you leave/close a page, but I would not suggest that for anyone with a limited bandwidth or slow connection (as this means you'll have to load all page files whenever you open a page).

DeletedUser100832

I get this quite often when refreshing at timer

so when the 'timer' message crashes your game and your refresh, the bar loads to about 60% and then freezes. Then after some subsequent restarts it loads.

DeletedUser16026

Just to make sure I'm getting right, this is the GvG timer we're speaking of? :)

DeletedUser107714

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, gordykins.

Can you please attempt running the game in incognito mode (click here for instructions) and see if that makes a change. If it doesn't help, please attempt loading the game through a different browser. Let us know if either works.

A website cannot clear browser history, the history is on your own browser and device. You -can- set up a browser so that it clears its history whenever you leave/close a page, but I would not suggest that for anyone with a limited bandwidth or slow connection (as this means you'll have to load all page files whenever you open a page).

Yep.. I've used Incognito now (thanks, easy to use - i'll refer to that later). THOUGH, Forgeofempires only went to 84% on that & then stopped...

(after a while it 'reboots' to the login screen. )

DeletedUser107714

Ps.

I am now in Mozilla - the game works.. however the screen is VERY VERY small..

"zoom" on Mozilla looks the same as the un-zoomed version on Chrome. and its very hard to use (can't see the numbers / figures - eg How many items i need to acquire to upgrade something)

Any idea on how i can make the Mozilla game the same size / look similar to Chrome ?

(i'll like to get chrome working)

DeletedUser99588

I had problems yesterday and also got stuck on 84% on a number of attempts although other times logged on without any problems. GvG lagged a lot yesterday and it wasn't my internet connection before that gets suggested. I'm pretty sure it is the Inno servers as several players seem to experience at the same time. Coincidently is it update day today? I did notice a while back that the day before an update things tended to go awry but haven't kept records so can't be sure.

Also still experiencing crashes after visiting several GvG maps or doing many consecutive fights. Memory leak issue!!!

DeletedUser107714

FURTHER:

Google chrome has a 'normal' mode, and a 'windows 8' mode.

i *HATE* Windows 8 mode, but i found that Forgeofempires DOES work on windows 8 mode. However in 'normal' mode - it doesn't work.

(all my other websites i visit work fine in 'normal' mode & its easier to use.)

Here is more information :-

1.57.32742 (09.08.2015 20:06),
Gordykins (3257967),
en13, en_US,
WIN 18,0,0,232,
Windows 8.1,
Chrome/44.0.2403.157,
1280x585,
OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

EDIT: & yes, i have tuned all my 'extensions' OFF

EDIT 2 :- I do have another browser - Firefox, but i'm having probs with that too..

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?30139-Game-too-small-in-Firefox

DeletedUser97579

This happens quite frequently (twice a week perhaps?) - although my most common percentage to get stuck on is 55%.
Normally the 3rd or 4th refresh allows it to pass and proceed into the game.

This happens in both normal and private/incognito browsing - and only seemingly around 8pm UK time (GVG calc reset).

DeletedUser107714

i cant log on tonight at all - even with Windows 8 mode...5:47 AM Friday, 4 September 2015 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

When i got the big logo, & the rotating 'circle' thing - it stopped on that too. I waited 5 mins, then refreshed - got the circle thing 3-4 times...

i refreshed again - &eventually got to the part where its loading, & the percentage - it stops at 55% & 70-something percent. (i am on windows 8 mode of google chrome)

so far tonight i can't log in on my PC - on Mozilla firefox, the screen is way to small to read.

i CAN get onto IPAD - though i cant get the 'treasure search' part - its only available on the PC version...

QUESTION: i suspect this is due to too many people playing. Should the developers restrict the players to - eg 10,000 payers for each server ?

Ps - Ive eventually got in, "windows 8 mode chrome" - buttook a long time....

DeletedUser107714

Any update on this ? Still problems ? I can only get in on "windows 8" mode of chrome, ipad & my mobile phone. i cant log in on IE. Firefox or "normal" mode of chrome.

DeletedUser107714

NEW INFORMATION - On 'normal' mode of Google Chrome, i can log in & the game seems to be working, however only the side menus / top menus etc are visible..

If i put my mouse over an area in the middle, I CAN see a pop-up, telling me information about the factory / house etc - but i can't see the building or land / paths... _ Its hard to play.

I still need to play in 'windows 8' mode of Chrome. (but that makes it hard for e to use my other programmes on my PC).

is the above info useful ???

DeletedUser16026

We have passed on the information, hopefully it is helpful. Thank you for the additional info.

DeletedUser653

Not sure it its connected but on firefox mine loads ok but then locks up for 5-8 seconds and will not let you click on anything. 100Mbps broadband and 16GN ram Windows 10 pro 64bit so its not the PC!!

DeletedUser107714

Is there an update on this ?

I was on WIN 8, & I used chrome on "win 8" mode - normal mode wont work...
Ive now upgraded to WIn 10 & IE is the ONLY browser that I can play FOE on, (google chrome looks like it did on win8, but now I don't have a "win 8" mode... I have even tried incognito mode - no help..

DeletedUser107714

I think my system is a few MB of graphic space. Im on win 10 (was win 8 a few days ago...)..

Ive got a tech guy coming in early 2016. & Im looking for a programme to get my system info, & i can copy-n-paste.. (did a check yesterday, but it actually tested my system & told me its OK, but didnt tell me any system info)..

DeletedUser107714

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model XPS One 2710
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.89 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.53 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.19 GB
Page File Space 112 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I did this by windows-R, & msinfo32 (I took out parts i thought non-essential)

Is there a similar query i can do for screen/monitor-info ?

EDIT: Screen resolution: 1280 x 720 (recommended) - i tried other resolutions, but that didnt help.. the main content of the game is black / non showing / non visible at all - using Chrome, & mozilla-based browsers.

EDIT: Found my monitor information - (adapter ram - 2GB ? )

Name Intel(R) HD Graphics
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_054B1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics
Adapter RAM (2,080,374,784) bytes
Installed Drivers igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
Driver Version 10.18.10.4276
INF File oem166.inf (iIVBD_w10 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 2560 x 1440 x 59 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xF7400000-0xF77FFFFF
Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000F000-0x0000F03F
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967293
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys (10.18.10.4276, 3.62 MB (3,797,424 bytes), 7/30/2015 9:45 PM)

Is this useful info ?

DeletedUser16026

Okay it's not a 4k resolution, so not the issue I thought it could be. Will dig some more and let you know what I find out.