• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can't get the game to load

pharl

Corporal
Hi, for a couple of days now the game on my laptop (Win7 Pro, using Chrome or Firefox) just takes so long to load, or wont load at all. Everything else is fine, and other games are fine too.

Not sure what to do - on my mobile the game is fine, but I play it on the laptop as it's much easier. But now it's unplayable. If I do manage to get in but then click on Treasure Hunt or anything else, it takes ages (5 to 10 mins) to respond. I just have to stop playing it as I can't do anything now.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and firefox. I've got the latest flash player etc. Nothing seems to work. Also, quite a few times I try and log in and it takes me to the "Build your City" page, like I'm starting out from scratch. Then other times it will take me to my normal city page - after an age! Now I'm just giving up waiting for it and shutting the browser down.
Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

pharl

Corporal
Details -
World: Langendorn
Chrome: Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)
System: Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64 bit OS, 8G RAM, Intel Core i-5-4200U @ 1.6GHz

DeletedUser110195

I'm on a desktop computer that's about the same specs as your laptop, faster CPU, half the RAM, I use firefox and I can log in any world without issue, but I have had issues in the past, but that was when I had animations turned on, this machine, or firefox, or flash player, or some combination of the three just did not like the animations and it would frequently crash or fail to start.

If you have animations turned on, and can somehow manage to get the game to load, I'd say turn them off.
If you do not have animations turned on...well that's a job for the in game mods. =|

pharl

Corporal
Thanks Augustavian - I'll try it if I can get in. Mind you, up to 2 days ago everything was just fine.

DeletedUser108047

I have the same problem on my home notebook... As of 1.112 all the images take 10-30 minutes to load. Clearing the cache etc made no difference. Can hit the forums fine but the game servers were impossible to reach last night.

DeletedUser110419

One thing to check (because I know it makes a HUGE difference on my laptop) is your Flash settings and make sure that Hardware Acceleration is Enabled. Conversely, if your hardware doesn't support it, make sure it is disabled.

You can access the Flash settings by right clicking in the game.