• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Cannot do quests that require building decorations from your age

-generic-

Private
Hi,

I am currently in Space Age Mars and cannot progress due to not having any Mars Ore, which I think are unlocked when you complete story quests in that age. But my story quest is still at Oceanic Future and one of the quests (New Materials) requires building decorations from the current age. But the tech to unlock Martian decorations requires Mars Ore.

A possible solution would be to change that quest to also allow decorations from the previous age.

Thanks

You get Mars Ore from the Mars Map. You have aged up too fast without following along on the Continent Map. You are stuck on that quest until you reach Mars on the map.
Alternative solution is to build Space Carrier that produces a certain amount of special goods.

Last edited:

-generic-

Private
I know, and I am focussed on doing the story quests to catch up. But I can't because one of the quests needs something from my age that I cannot get, so I can't advance the story.

The story quest I am on needs to build a current age decoration building, but I can't build any decorations from my age because the tech to unlock these decorations needs Mars Ore.

The Space Carrier requires resources from an even more advanced age. Unless there's another way to get current age decoration buildings I am stuck.

I know, and I am focussed on doing the story quests to catch up. But I can't because one of the quests needs something from my age that I cannot get, so I can't advance the story.

The story quest I am on needs to build a current age decoration building, but I can't build any decorations from my age because the tech to unlock these decorations needs Mars Ore.

The Space Carrier requires resources from an even more advanced age. Unless there's another way to get current age decoration buildings I am stuck.
You are only stuck on that particular story quest. The only way to get Mars Ore to solve the quest is to progress to Mars on the map or build a Space Carrier.

The problem is that you have rushed the techs too fast and are now lagging behind on map progress. You are on Mars in techs but only OC on the maps. Catch up on the maps before you move on.

Last edited:

-generic-

Private
This isn't a side quest. In order to progress to Mars on the map I need to complete this quest, so I can advance on to the next age.

The Space Carrier needs goods from the Asteroid Belt age, I can try and trade for the the goods but it looks like that is my only option. Luckily I do have the blueprints.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
You don't have to complete any quests to progress on the map. You could finish the entire map at once if you wished, and had the resources.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Does the quest require a specific decoration? If not, you can try building some of the decorations you can get from events, daily quests, or Guild Expedition.

Speaking of, some of the Guild Expedition rewards include decorations of your current age - both regular and premium decorations. So that is another option.

-generic-

Private
The decoration just has to be from the current age. I will keep a lookout during events and expeditions for those buildings.

I'll consider the carrier route, but either way it's going to take a long time. I'm just glad I'm not stuck at the quest.

Does the quest require a specific decoration? If not, you can try building some of the decorations you can get from events, daily quests, or Guild Expedition.

Speaking of, some of the Guild Expedition rewards include decorations of your current age - both regular and premium decorations. So that is another option.
Maybe from the Antique Dealer as well.