• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Cannot Defend, Cannot Attack

DeletedUser

ok, so for the last week I am having issues with defending my city and not being able to attack. There is a problem somewhere as my units are not taking damage, yet in the window it says they are healing. In other words, I cannot attack either since it says I have no army, but yet all units appear perfectly fine???

Here is what I did.

Day 1: Berserker baracks, moved 3 units into defense window.
Day 2: Got attacked and 1 building was plundered. I look into berserker building and they all appear fine (green bars) and below says Time to heal 20 min...
Day 3: I check again, and still it says they are healing.
Day 4: I get plundered again, and stil the units seem fine with there health, yet it keeps saying heal 20 min. I delete the building and build an horse archery and a heavy infantry baracks. I manage to get some units out and put them in defense, all seems fine.
Day 5: i get attacked and plundered again, i look into the military buildings and they all show fine again in green and no damage taking, yet it says they are healing again!!!
Day 6: I check again to see if they are healed, and it keeps saying healing!!!
Day 7: I try to revenge, but says i have no army!!!! stil they are healing...

What i am trying to say here is that the units do not heal, its like the healing is stuck. On the other hand, i dont think it should say healing as my units appear fine... !

Spec: 0.12.8292 (18.07.2012 9:26), kimbodude (17813), en1, en_US, WIN 11,3,300,265, Windows 7, Chrome/20.0.1132.57, 1440x833

I cleaned cache various times also, tried on different pc's, no luck.

Attached screenshots:

abc.jpg

abc1.jpg

abc2.jpg

abc4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser176

The "time to heal" is always displayed (fyi: time for one hp), whether they are healing or not. For the real health status check the army management, the barracks display often doesn't refresh until that.
For revenge you need to have units in the "attacking army", otherwise it says you don't have an army.

DeletedUser

Vanguard, cmon, please dont treat me look a noob. Im telling you, i did all that, the units wont heal, they wont defend and I cannot attack. Its like a week its saying they are healing... and yes i tried moving them to attack after... please dont treat me like a noob, im doing all the necessary effort here to report a problem using spec, screenshots, etc... cmon guys, be professional.

DeletedUser176

Since the game never "says they're healing", it was kind of implied you're talking about the "time to heal" display... Units are healing only if they're damaged, and your screenshots show units with perfect health, so I can't see the problem here...

DeletedUser

Vanguard,

In both the building and the military window, the units are showing with full green health. (so, they are not damaged...). Below that, as you can see it says "time to heal - 40min." If I leave this until tomorrow, and check again, it will still say the same thing, healing for 40minutes...If I check again the next day, it will still say the same thing. In the meantime I cannot attack... In addition I have a strong suspicion they are not defending either, since anybody is just able to breach me defenses each time. So yes, there is a problem and it would be nice to hear a solution rather then (its your problem we dont care response...)

DeletedUser176

That's what I said in the first post: The barracks always show the time to heal, it's just a note. It doesn't mean they are healing. If they are shown full health in the army management, they are at full health.

The AI is not that intelligent, so basically every defending army can be overcome with some basic skills in tactics. Your units are defending, but since the AI is doing the work you're not punished for that and the units stay at full health (unless they become victims of another bug).

DeletedUser

well, even if that is so, it will confuse allot of people. It's not logical to see time of healing if the units are not damaged. Just a tip to the developers. I was able to see the damage taken by doing the following. Remove the units from defense in military window back in neutral area. I cleaned cache, closed browser and refreshed. I then added them again to defense window. I closed defense window, open military building and can now see the damage taken from units. I think its something that it needs to get refreshed or maybe the cookie cleared in order to see the damage properly from military building.

DeletedUser

They would appear to be defending, just not well enough.
They aren't healing as they have no damage. The time to heal is always shown.
You have nothing to attack with because they are defending. If you want to attack with them, remove them from your defending army and insert into attacking army.

DeletedUser

Vanguard, cmon, please dont treat me look a noob. Im telling you, i did all that, the units wont heal, they wont defend and I cannot attack. Its like a week its saying they are healing... and yes i tried moving them to attack after... please dont treat me like a noob, im doing all the necessary effort here to report a problem using spec, screenshots, etc... cmon guys, be professional.

Fair enough if you were confused by the whole issue at first, but Vanguard answered you very clearly with the first line of his post "The time to heal is always displayed, whether they are healing or not". Should have read his post properly before getting all annoyed with him for trying to help you.

The reason your troops keep failing to defend your city is because your defensive army is easily overcome. When the AI is controlling them, Mounted Archers often just move forward in their first move, right into the line of fire, without actually shooting. Heavy Infantry are easy enough for ranged units to take out without letting them even do any damage.

DeletedUser

why throw more fuel on the fire then is necessary? ... Its not logical. if my units are damaged, show me the time it will take to heal individually... not always say heal X time for all units. Now if you reply with "well the developers are figuring out how to do that, or we do it because its easier that way", then fine, no issue for me. However... even if none of the units are damaged, i do not think its hard to program it that the building does not show any heal time at all. I really think this logical what I am saying here. By the way, i was not complaining and who said i was angry? im just asking not to treat people like noobs.

oh and by the way, i was not confused, if you read my previous post, there is clearly and issue as the damage taken does not always show correct unless you perform specific actions such as clearning cache, moving units back and forth as indicated.

and im not complaining about the battle system... this is clearly a wrong perception you are giving gamers with the healing part.

DeletedUser176

It is indeed confusing, but in the way that it shows healing time per HP instead of full refresh. But I see your point, this may also confuse some people like it did you.

Maybe the display can be changed to "Healing time per HP", adding a second stat below that shows a countdown for the current healing - but that's something for the ideas section.

DeletedUser17

The healing time is based on heal per square. The Healing system is being looked at. We have plans to make it simpler in the future. Thanks for your comments.

DeletedUser

Hello, I will be putting this as, " Not a Bug." however, you should perhaps either make an idea in the ideas section, or search to see if it has already been posted as an idea. I see you feel strongly about it, and hope you would take the time to make an idea, and see where it goes.

Thanks for playing FoE.