• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

cannons

DeletedUser106894

hey, i like my long ranged attacks, and before was using tresb to great effect, but i find cannons a bit strange they clearly an attack and defense upgrade but their abysmal range make them quite vulnerable imo you have to move quite far down the map to even reach an enemy long ranged . im starting to think the treb is just better . I have not tried the treb in my lma or colonial battle yet. has anyone done this? how did it go? Is the longer ranged gonna offset the less attack power? what do you guys think? is the cannon a waste of time? on the other hand the colonial long ranged weapon is beautiful, is powerful and has very long range. wish iow as colonial already :S

DeletedUser5180

it was a long time ago i remember i used 8 trebs in attack right upto researching field guns

that was before gbs / watchfires and other def boosts were introduced so the trebs may not be as effective nowadays

i certainly did not use cannons, i got some as quest rewards and was not impressed enough to swap my trebs for them

DeletedUser15432

I looked at LMA cannons and decided that at the time Trebuckets were a far better option and continued with them until I had riflemen and jaegers

This was partly due to the inefficient range and also due to the fact that cannons always go last compared to trebs even though they are one age more advanced

Even though they are called cannons, from the characteristics and picture a better name for them would have been Bombards

DeletedUser6065

' . . . and also due to the fact that cannons always go last compared to trebs even though they are one age more advanced . . . '

I once sent 8 cannons against 8 trebs using autobattle. The rest of my day was fairly uneventful.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser10684

The main difference is the 'Dug in' special ability. Before cannons gained it, Trebs were generally superior because of their speed and range both keeping them out of harm from other classes of unit and overwhelming cannons in the battle of artillery. However, that and subsequent updates changed this.
Disclaimer - the following is from memory of playing through those eras both before and after the update on separate worlds so might not be the best representation of how things play now.

In my experience Trebs aren't strong enough to effectively damage the updated other units of LMA. With Dug in, Cannons can not only take on Trebs and win, they can also more reliably damage other LMA units. Of course, if you have a decent attack boost then that might change things.

Last edited by a moderator: