• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Continent map] Cancel scouting while scouting

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110175

+1

I once spent 50 diamonds to scout and regretted it almost immediately....player gets refund if scouting cancelled within 1 hour...after 1 hour you get nothing, simple!

+1

I have also put forward the idea that there should be a confirmation prompt before the scout sets off. If cancelling is implemented, then confirmation is unecessary, which is another reason to impliment this idea, so long as there is a full refund, at least if quickly selected.

I have had another thought on this proposal, triggered because my scout currently has about 7 hours to go on a 15-hour trip.

Keeping the paradigm of scouting intact would mean that if a scout has travelled 7 hours along a route to somewhere, to get back again will take 7 hours (unless it is all downhill of course!). Not only that but if cancelled after 7 hours, the scout will still need to be paid for the 14 hours there and back.

So, how about that for a computation on cancelling the scout? He takes just as long to go back as he takes to get where he is, and the only refund available is any residue from the total time already paid, to when he gets back. (This could be taken even further and require more money to cancel if he has gone beyond the half-way point, since his overall journey will then take longer than you have paid for.)

Yes, it is difficult and not 'convenient' but we're not trying to make the game easier, are we? The point is to make it more real and enable some flexibility. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Keeping the paradigm of scouting intact would mean that if a scout has travelled 7 hours along a route to somewhere, to get back again will take 7 hours
As I have said elsewhere(maybe even this very thread)I'd like to think we're smart enough to have more than one scout, so while a refund should be based on how long the scout was into his mission, I don't believe we should need to wait on his return to start another.

DeletedUser103370

I have had another thought on this proposal, triggered because my scout currently has about 7 hours to go on a 15-hour trip.

Keeping the paradigm of scouting intact would mean that if a scout has travelled 7 hours along a route to somewhere, to get back again will take 7 hours (unless it is all downhill of course!). Not only that but if cancelled after 7 hours, the scout will still need to be paid for the 14 hours there and back.

So, how about that for a computation on cancelling the scout? He takes just as long to go back as he takes to get where he is, and the only refund available is any residue from the total time already paid, to when he gets back. (This could be taken even further and require more money to cancel if he has gone beyond the half-way point, since his overall journey will then take longer than you have paid for.)

Yes, it is difficult and not 'convenient' but we're not trying to make the game easier, are we? The point is to make it more real and enable some flexibility. Thoughts?

I think a returning time is not needed. Sure, if we think of reality it'd work like that. But nothing is this realistic in the game, and it doesn't have to be. For example in a production building when we start to make a different product, we don't say that hey, until the factory prepares to make steel instead of plastic, it will take 2 hours, so you need to wait that long.

Or the scouting itself, the time is not based on "distances", it is based on the era (the map). Also I don't really see any reason why should you pay for cancelling, since you're not paying for cancelling a product either.

Imo. it's really simple. You start scouting, if you cancel you haven't got anything anyway, so you should get back your investment. This only sounds to me like a "punishment" for cancelling, and I don't think you should be punished for it.

DeletedUser111027

+1 to either cancelling or a confirmation before starting a scout - I once tried to click on the (LMA) PvP tower (very fiddly on the mobile), and it triggered the scout to head to the neighbouring province instead, which I then couldn't retract/cancel or anything (and I needed to juggle things to then have the scout available when I needed for a quest that was coming up later). Very annoying, and not due to any strategic blunder on my part. Wouldn't have minded no refund in that situation, although at least a partial refund would be in line with current practices for cancelling goods or building construction (equivalent to selling) or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.