• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Continent map] Cancel scouting while scouting

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110615

+1
At the very least it would be great to have a fixed timer (say 5 minutes) during which you can cancel the action. It feels too punishing that due to a missclick you can end up having to conquer another zone in order to unlock another scouting mission for a quest. I also agree with the full refund being given, since to me the action feels much more like a goods/units production rather than constructing a building.

DeletedUser110179

It just seems like an obvious need to me, someone might just suddenly change their mind and doesn't want to scout and take back the coins or they can just press the scout button by accident
What do you mean "by accident" ? Many people follow the 5 second rule when eating food that falls on the floor. A near-instant cancellation may be useful against major disaster.

That said, life doesn't always give a second chance ... sometimes you need to make the extra effort to plan ahead. I conquered 4 provinces from the next age to acquire extra land. That decision already put me in danger of losing out to quests and more importantly ... events. Fortunately, I was still able to successfully scout the province related quests in the last Einstein event. I've have actively stayed in HMA to grow in other ways ... which creates "scouting" issues in all quests and events.

Games are learning tools in nature (eg two lion cubs stalking each other). Similarly, games can teach or have relevance in real life situations. Scouting may be one of those cases that you really don't want to undertake too lightly.

I also agree with the full refund being given, since to me the action feels much more like a goods/units production rather than constructing a building.
Quite frankly, if I realized the gravity of my error ... I would quite happily forgo any refund in favour of cancellation. Few people would want to cancel scouting well into the process if they hadn't already been thinking about future quests and events (before the scouting).

I have scouted by accident or with little thought of the implications ... but you are the master of the mouse ... resist the urge to click !

It's all good
Bridgeman55

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110433

Although i never had need to do this, why not, it`s a strategy game after all. Definitely refund needed, although i have more coins than i could spend, but this would be bad for the little player, who has yet to accumulate spare coins.
One use would be to SEE the timer, so you don`t have to visit fortune teller to guess what the timer will be.

DeletedUser107616

index.php

The Diamond price should drop - depending on how far into the scouting.
So 25 diamonds at the half way mark etc.

unlock -.jpg
the price drops when buying goods (1 Good = 10 Diamonds)

2ND THOUGHT: Buy/Employ 2nd scout from tavern for 3/5/7 days ?

DeletedUser110195

View attachment 12272 the price drops when buying goods (1 Good = 10 Diamonds)

2ND THOUGHT: Buy/Employ 2nd scout from tavern for 3/5/7 days ?
Oooh, there's an idea, something that may be useful buuuuut I'd like to see that implemented after you can cancel a scouting mission, as that could aggravate the situation prompting this idea further.

DeletedUser103370

+1
I don't see a reason why would you need to be "punished" and loose anything at all, if you cancel scouting, instead here are a couple of ways to handle refund:

1. No refund
When you start the scouting of this sector again, it would continue where you left off and would cost nothing.

2. Partial refund
Depending the percentage it did already, you'd get the cost back for the rest. It'd continue where you left off, and would cost only the remaining percentage.

3. Full refund
The whole process cancelled, you get back all the cost, next time you start all over.

You could choose, which one you'd like, depending on your situation.

DeletedUser110195

+1
I don't see a reason why would you need to be "punished" and loose anything at all, if you cancel scouting, instead here are a couple of ways to handle refund:

1. No refund
When you start the scouting of this sector again, it would continue where you left off and would cost nothing.

2. Partial refund
Depending the percentage it did already, you'd get the cost back for the rest. It'd continue where you left off, and would cost only the remaining percentage.

3. Full refund
The whole process cancelled, you get back all the cost, next time you start all over.

You could choose, which one you'd like, depending on your situation.
1 is just perfect and I'd like to see that as part of changes made to scouting, though I have a feeling only 3 would make it in, because if you can simply pause a scouting mission, then why have a timer on it at all? Just start them as soon as it opens and then pause when it's about done, then finish it on demand(which I would love to death but I know a bunch of people are going to hate that idea)

DeletedUser103370

If you thinking about that it can be used for events, then this could be simply eliminated, by being able to only use scouting missions to finish quests, which were not paused at any time :)
Though I don't see a problem even with that, it would be a simple and efficient strategy.

ps. oh btw. @Augustavian, I meant those three options to choose from when you cancel, so you'd be able to use whichever suits you!

DeletedUser

like in modern era in good when you cancel you will get full goods/money/supplies payment back i think same on scouting
say if a quest come you should have the right to stop it for when the time is right
+1 for me and for a FULL refund

DeletedUser97688

+1, but confused about this refund debate... if you cancel, the scout returns and you've gained nothing, so surely you should get everything back? (Maybe minus a small charge) Esepcially when scouting costs several million coins...

DeletedUser107616

If someone gave me money to journey somewhere and called me on my phone 15 hours later saying "stop, come back" & when I did, wanted the money back, I would tell them, (content removed)

DeletedUser

If someone gave me money to journey somewhere and called me on my phone 15 hours later saying "stop, come back" & when I did, wanted the money back, I would tell them, "content removed" :lol:
But in the end for a event or for your oenquiry needs in the heart game u will have to go again and spend same money so. .... you should get full refund.

DeletedUser110195

If someone gave me money to journey somewhere and called me on my phone 15 hours later saying "stop, come back" & when I did, wanted the money back, I would tell them, "content removed" :lol:
And if they qualify it with "Something's come up and we need to wait to do the thing you were going to do"? Do you still tell them off and keep the money? :p

No scouting cancel; no refund. You have ample time before event quests begin to plan your strategy. This is a game of strategy; unfortunately, too many people want it to be something other than a strategic war game: Avatar dress-ups, No plundering, That Was Easy buttons and on and on.

DeletedUser109385

No scouting cancel; no refund. You have ample time before event quests begin to plan your strategy. This is a game of strategy; unfortunately, too many people want it to be something other than a strategic war game: Avatar dress-ups, No plundering, That Was Easy buttons and on and on.
Yeah whatever :zzz:

DeletedUser110195

No supplies production cancel, no goods production cancel, no unit training cancel, no refund for any of it. You have ample time to set the correct duration, so sit there and wait for your 1 day productions while you need to do some 15 minute productions.

DeletedUser103370

As brother @Augustavian pointed out, this has nothing to do with "strategy"...
Since you can cancel everything, even the battles with a "retreat", scouting should not be different either.
And when you cancel productions, you get a refund too, just as when you delete a building so should you get for cancelling scouting alike.
Simple. Logical.

As brother @Augustavian pointed out, this has nothing to do with "strategy"...
Since you can cancel everything, even the battles with a "retreat", scouting should not be different either.
And when you cancel productions, you get a refund too, just as when you delete a building so should you get for cancelling scouting alike.
Simple. Logical.

Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.