• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Continent map] Cancel scouting while scouting

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser107616

In 1 event I started scouting in a high age that took over 2 days, a few moments later I found 1 un-scouted places back in Colonial age.
If I could have cancelled the scouting, I could have re-started in CA.
Because the scout finished at about 3am, I actually had to wait another day, I wouldn't have fallen about 3 day behind in the event, AND missed out on some things.

If someone had to drive 8 hours to one store to get something, then 2 minutes later discovers that their travelling to the wrong store, do they continue on for 8 hours to that store... no, they stop & turn around.
Logic & Common Sense should be added to a game where it's needed.

Is anyone going to crap all over my example & comment on the fact that this is a game ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Just saying, its not really right the way people are voting negatively for something which doesn't do any harm

Well rotating buildings doesn't do any real harm right? *cough*

Are you going to crap all over my example & comment on the fact that this is a game ?

Yes. It's a game, not a full time job, damnit. If you were hardcore about it then you likely spend diamonds to at least some minimal degree (and therefore can put down 50 diamonds if you're really in such a pinch for an event quest since everyone has at least 50) or run as far away the hell from this game as you can because it's a pointless brainless time sink that does not deserve as much frustration as you're putting yourself through.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Happy with the proposed idea although agree that there should be either no refund of scouting costs or a reduced refund in line with selling buildings. My reasoning behind this is that there is a repeatable quest to gather coins which could be abused by spamming the scout/cancel scout option for quest completion; in effect getting repeatable rewards for no cost expect a few clicks.

DeletedUser109385

Well rotating buildings doesn't do any real harm right? *cough*
Lol, perfect example to try to get me off the road but I have strong tyres so I can't get off the road! Yeah it doesn't do any harm and personally I think it should be implemented but I know that INNO are NEVER EVER going to implement this so no point in mentioning it.

My reasoning behind this is that there is a repeatable quest to gather coins which could be abused by spamming the scout/cancel scout option for quest completion; in effect getting repeatable rewards for no cost expect a few clicks.
I am quite sure INNO will be aware of this and implement it correctly, if they couldn't do that we would have completed these kinds of quests by starting and cancelling good productions

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Lol, perfect example to try to get me off the road but I have strong tyres so I can't get off the road! Yeah it doesn't do any harm and personally I think it should be implemented but I know that INNO are NEVER EVER going to implement this so no point in mentioning it.

This was not to derail the discussion, but rather to play devil's advocate and counter your point. It seemed to have failed because the point flew over your head.

Vesiger

Monarch
please theres no real reason you need to recall a scout as every reason you give can be preplanned.
Which applies to goods productions, building construction etc - and yet those can be cancelled/reversed. You can surrender a fight and run away without a shot being fired (and that's very abusable).

DeletedUser110295

+1 for the core idea of 'having a cancellation button available.'
personally i'm more indifferent whether there is either full refund / no refund or even partial refund of cost. some sort of penalty for cancellation is pretty consistent with cancelling other actions such as construction of a new building, but inconsistent with cancelling productions etc so can see if working regardless.

DeletedUser108047

+1 to the cancel
-1 to the refund.
Its a strategy game so yes you can change your strategy but there should always be a cost

DeletedUser108842

+1

1. People should be able to cancel the scouting.
2. People should get at least a 50% refund of the cost.
3. There SHOULD BE A PROMPT MSG for "Are you sure you wanna cancel scouting?" .

DeletedUser

Why are you downvoting two times? Don't you even think before posting? Or are you just trolling? :lol: This vote of yours dosen't count
The same reason you double post. I'm not trolling simply forgot.

DeletedUser

What do you mean double posting? I haven't double posted.
In this thread on second page 2 double posts, third page double post and some goes all around. You know there is edit button if you wish to add anything but I feel ya you are boosting your post count.

DeletedUser109385

In this thread on second page 2 double posts, third page double post and some goes all around. You know there is edit button if you wish to add anything but I feel ya you are boosting your post count.
I am posting from my phone so it's difficult for me to post all in one, and I haven't said the same thing over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.