• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Continent map] Cancel scouting while scouting

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Cancel the scouting while the scout is still scouting

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yup and found nothing
Reason:
It just seems like an obvious need to me, someone might just suddenly change their mind and doesn't want to scout and take back the coins or they can just press the scout button by accident, some quests require you to scout and by accidentally scouting provinces you are wasting the chances that the current scouting can be used for when that quest comes, you can't just keep on taking provinces and scout more territory because then at some point you will have a province full of much advanced units which is going to make it very difficult to fight through that province and scout again and you will be very behind on the tech tree as well since you have been taking so much terrirotry too fast.

Details:
There will be a little X near the timer while scouting, once the player clicks it the scout stops returns to the player. The refund will be based on how much the scout has travelled so far.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
No abuse at all

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
to start scouting would have fixed costs to set up and then some ongoing cost whilst it is active
if you cancel it, it would have already cost something
so how about half the cost back

DeletedUser

so how about half the cost back
That's a rather difficult precedent to set. Wouldn't it then need to follow that if you cancel an 8hr goods production 4hrs in, you'd get 5 goods and half the coins and supplies back etc? Half the work would have been done by then, right?
Sounds like a lot of unnecessary programming when it could be kept so simple...

DeletedUser100065

Yeah no idea why you wouldn't just get the cost back and have to start again at a later date. With current events/historical quest lines many are finding it difficult to keep up with the map.

So +1 to the idea

Vesiger

Monarch
My instinct is to agree with Overtype here - you should have the option to cancel, but without a refund.

DeletedUser109385

Don't know why some people are against refunds especially for this one, what harm can it possibly cause to refund a few coins back? Is not like we are refunding the player a large amount of coins, when you cancel training troops you do get a full refund so I don't see why we can't get a full refund when cancelling scouting

DeletedUser

I agree that nothing should be returned. Be happy that you can cancel the action.

DeletedUser16126

I can support this idea only if cancelling would require time to return. If you have a scouting of 2 days, and you are scouting already for 8 hours, then it should also take 8 hours for your scout to return. It's like on a highway, if you drive for 20 minutes on the wrong highway, then you have to return again 20 minutes.
So if you hit the scouting by accident, and you cancel it immediately the scout should return immediately, also the refund should be based on the time traveled. On a highway when you return, your gastank will also not be as full as the first time you were on that point.

DeletedUser

I don't know why so many people are eager to implement a concept of no refund or some sort of penalty for cancelling an action.
I have never seen any complaints or suggestions to change the established mechanic of cancelling a production with refund of costs so this is all rather surprising to me. It seems quite churlish, to be honest, and I've not seen a valid reason for it yet.

DeletedUser109385

I can support this idea only if cancelling would require time to return. If you have a scouting of 2 days, and you are scouting already for 8 hours, then it should also take 8 hours for your scout to return. It's like on a highway, if you drive for 20 minutes on the wrong highway, then you have to return again 20 minutes.
So if you hit the scouting by accident, and you cancel it immediately the scout should return immediately, also the refund should be based on the time traveled. On a highway when you return, your gastank will also not be as full as the first time you were on that point.
Well makes sense but that's in the real world, we are talking about a game so not everything needs to be realistic, I agree with the time to return but still not too sure if I can take it in however the refund should be a full refund like everything else in the game and I am sticking with the full refund. There is no need to make a basic action complex, let's just keep it simple
I've not seen a valid reason for it yet.
Very true
There are currently 5 people in here who want some sort of penalty for cancelling scouting, I will just have to wait and see what other people say, If at the end the majority of people want some kind of penalty for cancelling scouting then I guess I will have to take it in

DeletedUser16126

I don't think many people are bothering about loosing coins, we all have too many!

Unfortunately when INNO would implement it incorrectly it's possible that they would take into account the refund in the coins collecting quests, making it easy to just continously cancel the scouting to finish these quests. It wouldn't be the first time to see these kind of backdoors.

So if you loose something then it is only coins...
from teh other side I don't know why you would want to cancel a scouting in first place!
Advancing in the map is just a logical thing to do.
And if you do a mistake, then take the burden of it, like with many mistakes in this game...
So for me it's not really worth to send the effort for it.

Vesiger

Monarch
I think my feeling is that if you make a mistake you should be able to put it right, but at the cost of a penalty - and as Jouchka said, the money is probably not going to be your highest priority anyway.

DeletedUser109385

if you cancel a building construction, you will also not get the full amount back.
That's because you used the building for some time which helped you so obviously you are not going to get a full refund when you delete it however with scouting you haven't been using and what I mean by that is that the scout didn't reach the province you wanted to so the scout was not any use to you while the scout was scouting and therefore should have a full refund when cancelled. And honestly I don't care about the coins as I have TOO MANY of them I have like near 10M! All I care about is the scout being cancelled and immediately returned, not for the money but I added it to make it more fair but I guess it's not needed or at least not too soon
I don't know why you would want to cancel a scouting in first place!
For the reasons stated
And if you do a mistake, then take the burden of it,
Can't take the burden out of a mistake if I can't fix it
Unfortunately when INNO would implement it incorrectly it's possible that they would take into account the refund in the coins collecting quests, making it easy to just continously cancel the scouting to finish these quests. It wouldn't be the first time to see these kind of backdoors.
I am sure INNO would implement it correctly, if they did it wrong then you can do the collect coins and supplies quests by setting and cancelling goods production

Status
Not open for further replies.