• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can the Daily Recurring Quests be looked at?

RichinZhills

Corporal
So some adjustments were put in place, I believe, to limit the number of skipped quests. Some players with high-level CF's were breaking something by skipping thousands of them causing some issues somewhere.

So a limit was put in place instead of possibly looking at the skipped quests and seeing if something more realistic could replace them.

I mean seriously, this is how much space it would take to have all the Progressive Supply buildings necessary to complete the 3 recurring quests of having the 5/24hr production:
5 buildings of 7x6 (210), 6x3 (90), 4x4 (80), so 380 squares or 24 Expansions. And that's to complete just one pass. You wouldn't have room for anything else. I don't know what it's like in the higher Ages, but buildings only seem to get bigger. But the same issue can be seen in Iron Age. You don't have that many expansions to start with and the butcher & Goat Farm are Huge for that Age. Most of those recurring quests are two 24hr productions from each.

I think it would cut down on these being skipped and more being completed if they simply asked for the Age and/or Previous Age productions as the Event Quests do and with varying times instead of just the 24hrs. This would allow the player to make use of more of their city buildings (i.e. witch doctors, Sleighbuilder, Confectionaries, and all the other special production buildings available).

If you want players to have cities that make use of all the different buildings available, stop trying to require them to build the same supply buildings over & over just to complete quests.

I'm thinking of the King & Queens of the Iron Age who must really be constipated with all the meat & cheese they're forced to eat. I'm betting they would love to have a Witchy Brew along with some cupcakes and served with whatever the Mad Scientist could come up with that day. Life would be worth living!

Knight of ICE

I mean seriously, this is how much space it would take to have all the Progressive Supply buildings necessary to complete the 3 recurring quests of having the 5/24hr production:
5 buildings of 7x6 (210), 6x3 (90), 4x4 (80), so 380 squares or 24 Expansions. And that's to complete just one pass. You wouldn't have room for anything else. I don't know what it's like in the higher Ages, but buildings only seem to get bigger. But the same issue can be seen in Iron Age. You don't have that many expansions to start with and the butcher & Goat Farm are Huge for that Age. Most of those recurring quests are two 24hr productions from each.

You are wrong. You can do those quests with spedcial buildings like the fanshop (2x3) or beachbar (3x2) . That's 5 buildings of just 30 squares. Also recurring quests can be skipped, so there really is no reason to adjust anything.

RichinZhills

Corporal
The quests I was referring to are to specifically build Industrial Lights, Automobiles, and Rodeo champion. And in the Iron Age the Meat Skewer and Wheel of Cheese (24hr productions). Those two buildings you mention are good for the "timed" production quests, but not the specific item quests. I prefer the Sleighbuilder myself, it eliminates the goods buildings.
The whole point of my question is to have quests that you don't NEED to skip because you can do them. That's why they created the CF limit, because players were skipping thousands of quests to get to the ones they easily do like the "pay this amount and collect", skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, pay this amount to collect, skip, skip, skip. With a high enough CF, the odd diamond awards could be in the thousands.

Knight of ICE

The whole point of my question is to have quests that you don't NEED to skip because you can do them.

Even with quests players do not NEED to skip, they will still skip them and only do the ones they prefer. Different players prefer different challenges.

RichinZhills

Corporal
If that's the case, I think the Quest most players skip to is the pay x gold & x supplies. This could scale like the medals do in GB or like attrition does in GbG and also gets reset with the clock. Every time it completes the cost gets higher until you're spending hundreds of thousands of gold/supplies. I know this will upset those high CF users, but using one GB to give you thousands of goods doesn't seem like a balanced game to me. Seems like a hack. Almost every other GB that gives you something has a limited number of times, the LoA, BG, TT, and Kraken are just a few that limit how much you can use them. So what's different about CF? Why is it allowed to give you 2000 uses? Seems to me that one little hack is what allows players to generate hundreds of thousands of goods with diamonds that they use on the GbG to build SCs so they can walk across the battlefield.

CutieNZ

Private
I've got the "2 wheels of cheese" quest up now. Got the first done when I had a "1 of each production run" event quest. Will get the second one done when that same same same old production quest, inevitably, pops up in the next event. Or were you in a big hurry?

Iran the Red

Private
The free change of quest, then the diamond cost of change is only for the daily quest. The rewards on those quests is usually nominal on average. Up until the introduction of the Castle System, it was easy to just ignore the ugly things. Now with the Castle System it is more desirable to complete these often silly quests. The choice is yours to do the weird ones or not.
With the recurring quests found in the side and bonus quest windows it is still up to you whether you have the time to do all the possible chances of them. Stick to the ones which are capable of your city and it's age as well as development.
As for the high level Chateau Frontinacs out there it takes a lot of time, effort and fp's to get them to the point they are able to be valuable to a senior level player.
Worry less about what other's are able to do. Concentrate on your city and the capabilities of it.
This is a Long Term Strategy Game. The player's capable of using it's benifits have earned them.

Last edited:

RichinZhills

Corporal
So as an example, I have hundreds of older Age troops "waiting" for that day I might venture out on the GvG to use them again. Otherwise, they're just fodder. But they do take up space in a database somewhere. I can only imagine players in the space Ages having hundreds of thousands of troops just waiting around.
So why not add "Delete (x) amount of troops" where the (x) scales to your Age. This allows players to both prune their troop database and get a reward at the same time. Add (x) houses/production/goods/culture/decorations or "Build a Premium building" would also allow players to pull buildings out of their storage and prune that database too.
-> "Gain (x) amount of troops" - works really well for those just starting in Iron & Bronze due to the spear fighter.
And why not have some of the Event quests as recurring:
Find (x) incidents, Win (x) battles, Finish (5/15/30/1hr/4hr) productions (instead of just 24hrs), Sell (x) at the antique Dealer...

Speaking of incidents might be fun to have wondering bands of nomads show up and when you collect them it starts a short battle. Different icons could be used to show how easy/normal/hard the encounter might be. In comparison to other strategy games, have encampments spawn that offer 5-10 attacks/battles in the empty areas. More so during the break between GE/GbG seasons. There might also be a few expansions that you need to fight for instead of just purchasing once an encampment shows up.

Regarding the 2000 abort limit, it is not very balanced for all eras. Those in SAM and lower (if memory serves me) have access to the Unbirthday quest that caused this limit yet only have 7 reccuring quests to abort through. Those in SAAB and above have 15 reccurring quests, so can only do less than half the quests/aborts of lower eras doing specific quests. This is very unfair to higher eras imho. Wish I'd just stopped at SAM.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Wish I'd just stopped at SAM.
Yeah Mars was good, FE and Mars are the 2 best eras of the game and lots of times I wish I stopped on either one of those.

The quests in general for all the ages below FE are horribly out of date for the current game stats. Lots of people run up against those "have X population" quests in Modern thru CE and with today's event buildings they'd have to sell or store half their city of event buildings to even get close to getting down to the population requirements of those quests. They were reasonable at the time they were released, 8 or 9 years ago, but some of them aren't even possible now.

Or yes, the nutty production quests which would require filling your city with 6x7 sized production buildings that dwarf even GB's and event buildings - not happening.

Knight of ICE

Regarding the 2000 abort limit, it is not very balanced for all eras. Those in SAM and lower (if memory serves me) have access to the Unbirthday quest that caused this limit yet only have 7 reccuring quests to abort through. Those in SAAB and above have 15 reccurring quests, so can only do less than half the quests/aborts of lower eras doing specific quests. This is very unfair to higher eras imho. Wish I'd just stopped at SAM.

It wasn't just the Unbirthday Party that caused the limit. It was a number of quests. According to your numbers those in SAAB and above have now 8 more chances to win diamonds. I do not see you say that is unfair.

RQ's are done primarily for goods, so the point is you can farm alot more goods at lower eras than you can at higher eras. You only get diamonds once per quest, so not a huge advantage, especially as most of the extra 8 aren't worth doing due to time required to complete them or spending valuable goods.

I would much prefer to have 7 Recurring quests at all eras, than have those extra 8 to abort through daily. In fact I would pay diamonds to be able to delete a few quests.

.Myrddin.

Private
Only reoccurring quests I do are FP, Gold and supplies, everything else is skipped even with a level 80 CF that gives a good income without the need to have specific production a goods buildings.

I'm in SAT so no unbirthday quest, and mostly do the spend 200fp & 250fp together when donating to GBs, but as SAT goods are in such demand I end up hitting this punitive 2000 abort limit everyday, while those in SAM and below that heavy quest can do more than double the amount of RQ's and rarely hit that abort max..

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
It sounds like it's in Inno's grand design to restrict the amount of goods that SAT players can get through the recurrent quests compared to lower era players, which of course has a range of consequences given the new SAT GBs continuing and escalating appetite for SAT goods, and that everyone wants the new GBs.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
...everyone wants the new GBs.
I actually don't want the new GBs, lol, the dangers of saying "everyone" right @klods hans ?

Without those GB's and after the last event, I can fight GE lvl 5 without blue potions and still go to 100 attrition in battlegrounds, from everything I have come to understand I wouldn't be doing either of those things if I aged into SAT and/or built the new GB's (which I don't have room for anyway.) For the foreseeable future, those new GB's are not worth the trouble and would add nothing to my game.