• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

can not do battles

DeletedUser

East Nagach
firefox
game plays fine until i try to go to battle screen, then locks. Was fine until eggs
Shows shield, locks
every battle
yes
cleared browser/cookies, reloaded

yes

DeletedUser4089

Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear you're having problems paying the game.

My usual advice for a player not being able to load a part of the game is:

Go to settings, bottom left corner, small blue button with cogs on it.
From there, disable smoke animations and disable animations in other players cities.
Refresh the page and try loading the battle again.

Let us know if that works for you or not. :)

DeletedUser

Did not help. Still locks up soon as I try to enter battle. All other parts of game work fine. Was doing battles fine also, until this. Here is specs if that will help.

1.23.22481 (08.04.2014 7:47), jayedawn (1757754), en5, en_US, WIN 12,0,0,77, Windows 7, Firefox/28.0, 1003x767, Legacy

DeletedUser

I would simply just try using a different browser like chrome or Internet explorer. I have always found Firefox to be utter rubbish for FoE.

DeletedUser

just for others info. Figured out what problem was. Had mixed, troops to defend/not defend. Cleared all troops out, and put them all not defend. Suddenly could do battles again.

DeletedUser

just for others info. Figured out what problem was. Had mixed, troops to defend/not defend. Cleared all troops out, and put them all not defend. Suddenly could do battles again.

Troops obviously cannot defend and attack at the same time. Thank you for this information. :)

Amy Steele

General
Byeordie is correct - you should be able to use defensive units in your attacking army. An explanation of how defending and attacking armies work can be found in this thread (click). If you are still having issues attacking while you have a defending army selected, please do let us know by replying here. It would also be useful if you can let us know whether this applies to battles on the continent map, against neighbours or in GvG or in all three.