• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can Inno punish me for this?

Cuthwolf

Captain
In Mount Kilmore I accepted a friend request from an Iron Age player (I am in the Modern Era) and shortly afterwards a message saying “If I put 500+ FPs on your Alcatraz will you give me the PE goods to build it?” I replied “Sure” as this was a higher rate than I usually get.

The player managed to put down 520 FPs in just a few days. I was expecting it to take much longer and do not yet have all the PE goods. I have received a steam of messages telling me to take the trades he has put up and now he says “now i give you 15 more days to gather all PE goods for Traz otherwise i will complain to forge of empire admin about your bad deal.”

Is this an empty threat or can I be punished for what I have done?

DeletedUser98639

No, we will not punish you. The agreement is between the two players, we will not get involved.

DeletedUser96901

No, we will not punish you. The agreement is between the two players, we will not get involved.
so it is allowed to have a FP for goods deal and then not paying the goods :eek:

good to know :o
will now sure happen more often after that official answer

DeletedUser99588

so it is allowed to have a FP for goods deal and then not paying the goods :eek:

good to know :o
will now sure happen more often after that official answer

That's the risk you take when you enter such a deal. I have to say the majority seem to be honest and Cuthwolf hasn't said he won't pay just that he hasn't got all the goods at the moment. This is why it is important to clarify whether payment will be made immediately or over an agreed period of time. Whether that is the fp's or goods.

DeletedUser96901

and Cuthwolf hasn't said he won't pay
but he asked if he can be punished if he hasn't paid after the 15 days the other player gave him

This is why it is important to clarify whether payment will be made immediately or over an agreed period of time.
sorry for most players the goods payment is immediately after the FP donation without talking about it
maybe you can talk about getting parts of the goods EARLIER

not immediately and not in the next 15 days would sure surprise every FP-donator :rolleyes:

DeletedUser99588

but he asked if he can be punished if he hasn't paid after the 15 days the other player gave him

sorry for most players the goods payment is immediately after the FP donation without talking about it
maybe you can talk about getting parts of the goods EARLIER

not immediately and not in the next 15 days would sure surprise every FP-donator :rolleyes:

If you don't clearly define the agreement then it is whatever each individual thought it was and that might differ. Again Cuthwolf is asking if after the 15 days and he still hasn't got all the goods can he be punished. He hasn't said he won't pay and only he knows whether he will or not or how long it will take him.

As far as 'most players' that might be in your experience but mine suggests it varies from world to world and player to player what happens. As do the kind of rates and rewards you can get for your fp's.

DeletedUser96901

so best is to get the goods first ;)

and then don't donate the FP because it is allowed to make deals and don't pay :o

DeletedUser99588

so best is to get the goods first ;)

and then don't donate the FP because it is allowed to make deals and don't pay :o

I would say the best thing to be is honest and explain everything expected before accepting and going ahead with the deal.

Cuthwolf

Captain
Thanks for the replies. I won't make this mistake again: I will set out an agreed timescale at the start of the deal.

I have built extra PE buildings and will give him the goods a.s.a.p. but it may be difficult to meet his deadline. MK is a young world and there are no explosives or asbestos in the markets.

DeletedUser5180

i sometimes trade TE goods for fps (at a ratio of 5 goods for 1 fp)

i often give out over 2k in goods and am happy to let the other player/s pay the fps as and when they can.

if they don't pay then i lose, its a risk

on the other side a player may give me fps in advance and wait a couple of days for the goods maybe worrying if i'll give them

its all about trusting the other player but once you do a couple of deals you soon know if they are trustworthy or not

lets say you are on global and someone wants a quick 300 fp swap.... you shove in 300 fps to their chosen GB but get none donated back.?

its not INNOs fault you met and got conned by a del boy type player lol

Last edited by a moderator: