• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Camping?

Iran the Red

Private
At what point is staying in any age/era considered camping.
I have recently been accused of camping in an age/era after having been in the age only 52 days.

Ev4ma

Captain
At what point is staying in any age/era considered camping.
I have recently been accused of camping in an age/era after having been in the age only 52 days.
Camping in FoE isn't bad, its a good thing to do. I'd say lingering after you complete the era's tech is camping but camping is an amazing thing to do in FoE, allows you to build up your GBs and improve your city. I am gonna be camping in FE until I at least reach 800 attack and defence. Highly recommend camping

Iran the Red

Private
Until a recent comment made by Inno support, "The game is not designed to support camping" ;!?:!
From most research I have found staying in a pre-modern age for 3 or 4 months is normal development, post- modern age is at least 6 months is normal development.

Iran the Red

Private
If it is considered CAMPING as soon as you complete the Tech tree, far to many cities would become incapable of meeting the demands of the game.
The best (ignored) advice is to not age up a city to fast.
So, I am still stuck with the question when does it become considered CAMPING?

I would say that camping is staying in an age for longer than needed to prepare for the next age.
It's not camping to stay in an age as long as needed to gather resources for the next tech tree. That can take 2 days or 6 months or a year or more.

post- modern age is at least 6 months is normal development.
Nah, it doesn't have to take that long. A few weeks per age is enough (not taking OC into account :lol:). You can rush to Jupiter in a couple of months.
That's not normal development of course. Normal, average is maybe 2-3 months per age, - which is my own pretty loose assumption.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
The term refers to a player that avoids aging up for longer than they need to.

Because it’s more of a behaviour description than it is anything else, there’s no set in stone timeframe that becomes camping. Particularly given power creep and player ability determines a lot in how fast you could advance if you wanted to

Emberguard

Legend
The game is not designed to support camping
Correct. The game was (originally) designed for players to age up. As such certain features may not be available if you choose to camp

The best (ignored) advice is to not age up a city to fast.
This has truth in it, though it’s somewhat subjective as to what’s “too fast” and what’s just stunting your growth by camping, particularly as so much is dependent on you as a player and what your support network looks like

Certainly staying in any given age indefinitely tends to be the easiest path as it allows you to stockpile resources

Dead-Eye

General
I camped in colonial for a couple years and I'm glad I did. I slowly traded goods up 1 for 1 and got all my advanced GBs and built a strong attack and defence. Now I tend to stay in an age for as long as it takes to get enough 1 up and reno kits for all my buildings.