• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Call to scout returned null, tried 3 times

DeletedUser

I have the problem come up every 5-10 mins... For the past two hours. :(
Luckily I can still continue a battle after I've been kicked out though. :rolleyes:

0.21.10907 (14.11.2012 8:32), Bloodwyn (228739), en4, en_US, LNX 11,2,202,251, Linux 3.2.0-23-generic, Firefox/16.0, 1920x887

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

Call to scout returned null, tried 3 times
• World: Dinegu (but also known in Arvahall, Cirgard, Greifental … unknown in other worlds but possibly happening there too!)
• Browser and Version: Mozilla Firefox, Version 16.0.2
• Overview of the bug: Cannot access Continent Map whilst on a Scouting Mission
• Screenshots:

• How often this occurs: Occurs every time one wants to access the Continent Map and Scout is undertaking an expedition to explore new territory I noticed this today for the first time (after 14th Nov 2012- 0.21 update). I did not experience this issue before.
• Urgency: Quite Urgent as cannot access continent map whilst Scout is performing its duties. Cannot access PvP Towers, nor can I battle my way through known territories.
• Preventative Actions: Do not access the Continent Map whilst Scout is exploring new territory.
• Summary: The issue can be found by logging into my account and trying to open the continent map whilst the scout is on an exploration mission. After about 5 seconds, the error message appears. Clicking "OK" resets the game screen.
• I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
• Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:Yes

DeletedUser17

This issue has been reported and we are working on a fix.

Thank you for your posts:
FOE-2611

DeletedUser

Great, looking forward to the fix. :)

P.S.: Now where are my diamonds...? :p
For those who don't know what I'm referring to, look here: CLICK ME!

DeletedUser1094

Bloodwyn - That was about using the Bug-Template. Now, exactly where's your Template? :p

DeletedUser

It only said something about "submitting a confirmed bug", nothing about a template. :eek:

...:(...​

Not even in the above posts. :mad:

EDIT: Seriously though, I was just making a joke. (The words "seriously" and "joke" in one sentence... :rolleyes:)
Of course there is no reward for submitting a bug report (other than having the devs or someone else fix it), and it should always be done using the respective template. ;)

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

I can confirm this bug as well, happened to me at least 4 times so far.

DeletedUser

Also, for info for tech support people, there is a sound effect that runs about 5 times after leaving the continent map - whether into combat or back into the town screen. After the 5th "Whooosh" noise the wretched "scout returned null three times..." message comes up and the game does a reset. It is REALLY annoying. It happens every time I go out of the continent map. My scout has been active continuously since the patch.

DeletedUser

I have recently, as of 11:50pm Pacific time November 14, been getting this message too. It comes up while I am on map or in my city, or looking at messages. Not sure what to do with it.

DeletedUser

Gentlemen Devs

Still not fixed, also, with increasing frequency, backgrounds are missing from Continent Map, battle fields and city views. This game is quickly becoming "unfit for purpose". That may not be a legal concept in all countries whose people play this game, but I always believed in the exceptional efficiency of the people from the country in which the game is based, so these "glitches" are unfathomable to me. :confused:

Mods, pease do not trot out the usual mantras about clearing cache, log out then in again, it's a beta etc.,etc. - that is just patronising. :mad:

DeletedUser8704

deleted ! I won't accept censorship coming from an amoral company !

DeletedUser

Error image if anyone cares. Hopefully this is fixed soon as it is really annoying - game ruined as restarts all the time!

Error2.jpg

DeletedUser6356

Yeah i have this bug too. I scout a province, then after like 15 sec it repeats the sound of a finished scouting, then i had to refresh

Surge

Brigadier-General
Ok, guys, for all of you that get this bug, please keep in mind that the developers are actively ironing out the bugs, and this one is no exception. If you see this thread, or maybe even this very post, I advise you to stay away from advancing through the provinces, as each province has its chance of yielding this bug upon scouting. This bug entirely blows your map and the money you threw to scout a province, so if you really need to advance, please consider your decision.

-Surge

DeletedUser

Well.. oops. -.-

I just conquered 2 sectors, by military though.. which granted me the Province and the opportunity to scout ahead.. which I took. :eek:

DeletedUser

Hi! Here's a screenshot of the bug. Let the evidence speak.
Scout Error.jpg

DeletedUser4230

Boy,your fast reaction team is all over this problem guys! Day 4 with the exact same problem.

DeletedUser

This has been reported to the devs by Checkered Jester on page 3.
This means that they will fix it with a coming bug-fix. They do these fixes in bunches, rather than individually every time 1 bug comes up.
So please, be patient, it's noticed and reported.

This thread is even in the "Reported" section.

- L

DeletedUser9133

After the scout returned null message appears, go back to the page where he tells you to scout territory. Don't accept but close with the x on that screen. this stopped the error for me.