• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Burning issues

DeletedUser17

Hello Players and Forum Goers,

I would like to address some major and minor issues in the forum.

First off I think it is great that the community is so passionate about FoE. I can tell from the threads and posts that many of you play the game enthusiastically and we are very proud to have you in our community. We take your feedback and posts very seriously, and I would like to explain some of our production processes with you.

The Open Beta is used to develop and test different game mechanics before the official launch, in addition to finding and solving bugs. Of course we try to disturb your game play as little as possible, but sometimes you will see that we re-balance or change things. We understand that some of our players are currently paying for features, and we are very great full for their support. So far whenever a premium feature changed the players had a chance to be compensated for it. However we would also like you to recognize that if you agree to play the beta, not every aspect of the game will be perfected. Before you post please keep this in mind. Do not misunderstand me. Bug reporting and feedback post are worth their weight in gold. I enjoy the feedback from the community: the good and the bad, as long as it is constructive. I just want you to understand: this is a beta server so please consider this before you post.

As this is the Beta our Developers are working very hard to not only fix the existing bugs, but also create more features, implement suggestions and tend to unseen back-end improvements. As seen in the bug section the en team reports bugs and is in constant communication with the developers. I would like you to understand that the time it takes us (the community and the support team) to report a bug, is less time than it takes to actually solve the bug. Thank you for your patience in advance. Once you have reported an issue we will tend to it as fast as we can.

Ok, now that that was communicated I would like to explain some burning issues.

-----

Burning Issues:

Neighbourhood: 80 players
Why only 80 players in a neighbourhood? We discovered that an exclusive global system can feel unperson. One day your rank 15,000 , then two hours later your rank 14,500 and you had no chance to "meet" the 500 players you just passed. A neighbourhood system allows you to get to know a selected amount of players and befriend or befoe them. We are working on an extension of our current ranking system.

Playing with friends:
I wish to play with my friends as well and a feature which allows this is being worked on as we speak. Please be patient.

In-actives do not trade/ cannot unlock my research tree
Due to inactivity some players find it extremely hard to trade and advance in the game. We have recognized this problem and are confident the up coming new features in the game will solve this issue by adding more active players to your area. I am sorry I cannot disclose more about this but rest assure this problem will be solved.

Thank you for being patient, while we continue to work on and develop Forge of empires. You are a great community and I am very proud to be a part of this project. New and exciting features will be implemented shortly. Your support is dearly appreciated.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires support Team

Last edited by a moderator: