• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bullies

Yodex

Private
I myself when a free base game starts getting a lot of PVP action on it I just stop spending real money on the game and just play it as a free game. once a game become populated with PVP then it down hill battle for no-pvp player like me. As long as it not coasting me any thing but a little bit of my time I'll slowly build on my city and wait for a new game to come along. but I don't understand why my automatic defense doesn't attack the no-rogue first I would, so I figure the developer either don't care or have slanted the game that way.

DeletedUser110195

Most people are clamoring for the defense AI to target non-rogues first, but it has been argued that the reason the defense AI targets them first is a holdover from when the game was new, and rogues were a 100 base attack unit when late middle units were the highest you could get, meaning they were grossly overpowered and people would have very few of them, so with the assumption that an army would have at most 2 or 3 and the regular units would be no higher than late middle, having the defense AI poof the rogues out first was the better play....back then.

DeletedUser111589

@Yodex the only base building game without PvP I know of is SimCity (those farm-like games don't count as base isn't really town like)

Yodex

Private
Augustavian Thank you for the info IIeta I'v tried Simcity it ok most of the games I'v played have PvP in them i'm just struggling with Foe it sonud like it might be a balancing issue and the watchfire were special building past out at event making it hard to catch up on defense

DeletedUser112513

Just to update this thread, interesting for me to see that Ravenhook was complaining about being plundered a year ago and still hasn’t worked out how to avoid being plundered lmao! Apparently the best solution is to stop all production in all your buildings . . .

And yes mate, your post about me to your guildees was leaked . . .

Emberguard

Legend
@SomersetSettler do you remember what your city was like a year ago? I'm curious now as to what the "no production buildings" and "very little infrastructure" looked like. Did you have the Chateau and Terrace Farms back then?

Emberguard

Legend
:lol: Parking Officer: Oh yeah! Another one caught :) (assuming they want people to be in the wrong, and if they do they've got a lousy attitude)

Last edited:

DeletedUser112513

I hadn’t started playing a year ago, so I guess it was someone else Ravenhook was moaning about!

DeletedUser112513

This is his warning to his guild:

A WARNING
All players in the colonial age that have a modest hard fought score will eventually come across this reptile SomersetSettler, now it wasn't all that long ago that he had my sort of modest score..my he has laboured on it since, laboured so hard that without playing with shed loads of diamonds he wouldn't have made it so far and the amount of terraced farms and eternal flames is eye watering, if that isn't bad enough he is a bully that likes to pick on those that haven't a hope of either defending their cities or getting revenge, he doesnt have military buildings like the rest of us poor saps and he will attack and plunder each and every single day that he is in your hood...except today! he has gone away empty handed. I have two recources, 1...bin my city and be rid of this worthless slime or 2...put al;l my hard won buildings into storage and put my city into hibernation, there is a third and one I would have considered fifty years ago. As I believe he is able to read other guilds messages judging by his boasting I hope he reads this because he is nothing more than a PLAYGROUND BULLY ruining what could be a good game. Plundering is a part of it but not to this extent. Keep your eyes open for this creep.

Emberguard

Legend
Hmm. Not sure how eternal flames and terrace farms = diamonds.... that's only possible through completing lvl 4 GE and lvl 4 pays for itself if you need diamonds to negotiate extra rounds. Which in EMA for fighting can be done through just Zeus (lvl 6) & CDM (lvl 10) and a slight bit of goods for completing lvl 4. Nothing fancy. By Industrial Age a Lvl 9 Zeus and Lvl 8 CDM will get you part way through lvl 2 without even trying. By that point you'd need a CoA as well (which you've got). Again, you don't need anything fancy to complete lvl 4 at that point. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to build up your fighting GBs before moving on

In my early days that would have been Inno + 10 goods buildings instead of fighting GBs to get through lvls 2-4.

I'm looking at your city now, that doesn't look like a diamond world. Or at least if it is then not shovels worth. My non-diamond city has just as many shrines and event buildings per event. It looks like a world that's hopped onto BPs from other players GBs, and then bought goods to build the GBs. And even then I've got a few advanced GB BP sets on Houndsmoor that are half to 3/4s complete through nothing but aiding friends/guildmates and/or using the swap threads without even trying to get those prints. If one hunted for them specifically it'd be a lot faster.

@Ravenhook have you considered the tavern shield? That'd fix your problem until you can get a better defence or work out a way around the plundering. Also instead of diamonds, you could use this weekly forum competition to win a full set of BPs of your choice (not this week as it's medals this time, but if you keep an eye on it that prize will come around again): https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/what-time-is-it-reply-threads.143/

DeletedUser112513

I do spend diamonds occasionally, but only those I’ve got from GE. Usually spent on space or a last BP!

Shad23

Emperor
Hmm. Not sure how eternal flames and terrace farms = diamonds.... that's only possible through completing lvl 4 GE
lol compared to some of my neighbors i have a lot of eternal flames but i never buy diamonds

I do spend diamonds occasionally, but only those I’ve got from GE. Usually spent on space or a last BP!
exactly what i do with mine

am in top 10 of my neighborhood almost all the time , if you want to stop others from plundering you change your def for 1 spearman if bully attacks for pvp pts he'll stop after a few att 's especialy if you changed your colect time he'll get no pts and nothing to punder , use only unplunderable buildings , do as much GE possible for your time and capacitys and build all ritual flames and watchfires you get try to get good GB's like Orangery , Kraken ,TA , Arc at good lvl's they give a lot of ranking pts when you build em once you'll be in top 10 of your neighborhoods you should get less attacked
so in short best advice is build up your city ,camp in an era till your in top 10
all my att GB's are lvl 10 or up except kraken
i don't have TA yet but that is mostly cause i don't have enough space for it

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

I am really worried when I see that players who play FoE for minimum 1 year haven't found out how to prevent themselves being plundered yet...

Shad23

Emperor
I am really worried when I see that players who play FoE for minimum 1 year haven't found out how to prevent themselves being plundered yet...
there is no tutorial for that , they should add it to tutorial or at least warn players in tutorial that once they'll have unlocked pvp they'll get attacked and plundered if they are not prepared enough by time they unlock it

Emberguard

Legend
I think the Unlock button for PvP should be greyed out with another button above for a tutorial. Once you've finished the Tutorial it'd then allow you to either unlock the PvP or leave it until they're ready

DeletedUser112892

there is no tutorial for that , they should add it to tutorial or at least warn players in tutorial that once they'll have unlocked pvp they'll get attacked and plundered if they are not prepared enough by time they unlock it
Agree, but I don't see reason of coming to forums and complaining "It's not fair", "It's bullying!" etc.
If they already come to forums, they should better ask others for a hint.

Shad23

Emperor
I think the Unlock button for PvP should be greyed out with another button above for a tutorial. Once you've finished the Tutorial it'd then allow you to either unlock the PvP or leave it until they're ready
that would realy be a good solution a great big +1 for that