• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Buildings in inventory should convert to the latest era when placed

DeletedUser14881

These fools with empty inventories... Shame on them XD

I have 9 pages in my inventory, being 7 of them only of buildings. I have stashed several Rogue Hideouts, Premium Houses, Premium Buildings, Event Buildings (Venice style, Japanese style and more), Wishing Wells (and their uga-buga cousin Fountain of Youth) and many more. I didn't build them because I don't want, nobody put a gun on my head and said I had to keep them stored.

And if one day I decide to build them, if they're outdated the first thing I'll do is spend a few Renovation Kits like I do every new Age, starting with my Tigers' Dens. I only skip those I'll upgrade naturally along the year during an Event (like Tree of Love or Confectionary) or those not worth (like OF's Champion's Retreat).

And I'll always have plenty o Renovation Kits to spare.

You didn't build them, it was your choice. Strategy or laziness, you decided to not put the on the ground. Now you have to use Renovation Kits (or One-up Kits, but that's stooopid). Period!

Now if you don't have enough Renovation Kits, you just need to play more. You won't simply wake up one day and find 50 kits for free in your inventory. The only place success comes before work in the dictionary.

So roll up you sleeves and go play. Themed Events and Guild Expeditions are fantastic for them.

DeletedUser106696

Stop with your garbage please! No one is interested in what you have to say

???
And you define as garbage anything that does not agree with that daft idea of yours? :P
Why on earth would you expect your inventory to serve as that magic cave that converts all your prizes into much better ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14881

@Keizaal Dovah Kriid
You are answering to something from 2014. There was no guild expedition, much fewer events and very rare occasions were you could win a renovation kit.
If you look carefully I'm not the first one to answer something that old. In fact I didn't pay attention nor should because the thread link pointed me directly to this page, in which all answers are from 2017.

Anyway... Regardless the age of the topic everything said before and said now still apply as the right to express their and my opinion as well and the will of try to help someone as lost as he is or at least was.

Greywolf

Sergeant
Not always it's best to have the highest age possible in regards of special buildings. My Oceanic city has a much greater demand for Arctic goods then it does for Oceanic goods. So if I were to place an Arctic Future special building which produces goods (for example Oasis) then I would be extremely upset when that building would be automatically converted to Oceanic Future upon placement. This would remove strategic options from the game.

As stated before it is much easier to upgrade your special buildings these days then it was when this thread was started. So this idea can go to the scrapyard as far as I'm concerned.

DeletedUser110131

If you look carefully I'm not the first one to answer something that old. In fact I didn't pay attention nor should because the thread link pointed me directly to this page, in which all answers are from 2017.
I was the second to write one of the recent answers.

The reason why the thread suddenly rising from the obscure depths of time seems to be that Gondour had a related question, and searched the forum for an answer, as we're all supposed to do. Her next move, to post her question in one of those old threads, was a bit sub-optimal, but we can all see how it can happen. Certainly, those of us who failed to notice the age of the topic should be very understanding of how sub-optimal stuff can happen.

Old topics popping to the top will happen, from time to time. Eventually, it may even teach me to check before typing. Anyway, Gondour's question is answered, OP has received nothing that wasn't earned, and all is mostly well. Let's see if we can manage to put this topic back to bed again.