• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Buildings in inventory should convert to the latest era when placed

DeletedUser96901

Cry some more, its not my fault you have empty inventories. This is a great feature to give life to old buildings that are in your inventory who are not wroth it being placed as an iron age or CA age in the PME as I am.
cry some more: you won't get better buildings :rolleyes:

and it is your fault that you didn't build them when they where better than the normal building of that age :eek:

and new features won't be for the players who play the game wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

invent 1.jpg

invent 2.PNG

i have plenty in my inventory...and i agree they should not be upgraded..
we had a chance to build them and a lot i have..these are the ones that i never had space for...
will probably build them when my time here is up and leave a nice clean city behind

DeletedUser99445

we had a chance to build them and a lot i have..these are the ones that i never had space for...
will probably build them when my time here is up and leave a nice clean city behind

Your spoilers in the post showing your bulging inventory is exactly the type of situation that has led to players asking for the gift option to be switched on.
Personally I dislike waste and the more we get in our inventory the more the pressure grows to Gift these items.
Forget the "convert to latest Era" just turn on the Gift Option!

DeletedUser4800

You only have 3 special buildings though. If you actually READ my post I say its only for SPECIAL BUILDINGS. That way they get new life, rather than sit useless in an inventory.

Also fan shops are new buildings, so most of them are in PME, and I'd assume you also have them in PME.

DeletedUser96901

so you want your special buildings upgraded
but don't want to give other the chance to have their normal buildings upgraded too :confused:

that is not logical :rolleyes:

upgrading normal buildings in the inventory would give them new life, rather than sit useless in an inventory :cool:

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Unfortunately I think it is use them or loose them :( You however should be allowed to trade them?

DeletedUser5180

@ SlickR

you get a special building, whatever age your city is determines the stat of that building

either build it or save it for later. if you progress to a later age / era that building does not. inno have given us reno kits to upgrade that building, whether you have built it or not......rather good of them i reckon.

if you don't want to use that special event building when you get it then thats fine, build it later but if you don't want to upgrade it with a reno kit thats also fine, your choice

end of story fella, inno's rules so no need to insult other players who have no in-game advantages to yourself, no-one has singled you out for harsh treatment so get over it

DeletedUser15432

I think that if you do not make room for your premium buildings, and leave them in inventory, you do not actually want those buildings and therefore, it is a waste of everyone's time asking that they be upgraded whilst still in inventory, furthermore, I believe that this would also come under the heading of "making the game easier", therefore, I believe that this thread should be closed down

DeletedUser7719

Since it's not in the ideas section, it can't be closed unless this gets really off-topic or if the OP requests it ;)

DeletedUser5180

I think that if you do not make room for your premium buildings, and leave them in inventory, you do not actually want those buildings and therefore, it is a waste of everyone's time asking that they be upgraded whilst still in inventory, furthermore, I believe that this would also come under the heading of "making the game easier", therefore, I believe that this thread should be closed down

i was also going to suggest the thread were closed until reading byeordie's post. perhaps the OP would consider posting their idea in the Idea's forum, although a few players here have been against the idea (including me) maybe the devs would look at it differently.?

DeletedUser99445

Have you guys seen the new goods buildings for the New Era coming soon?

DeletedUser99445

Wonder how long we will have to wait for the new era to start. The sooner the better of course.

DeletedUser99588

although I would prefer to have the army management filter/sort for unattached/attached before the new era ;)

DeletedUser8813

You only have 3 special buildings though. If you actually READ my post I say its only for SPECIAL BUILDINGS. That way they get new life, rather than sit useless in an inventory.

Also fan shops are new buildings, so most of them are in PME, and I'd assume you also have them in PME.

well sorry buildings are buildings..but there is another page yet that i didnt bother to post..although i do try to use the diamond ones i win straight away...but there are 30 fan shops in there that wont get built..that makes it a little more than 3 on that page alone...sheesh

yes gifting the excess in inventory would be a huge step in the right direction

DeletedUser2989

I have to say as a player I'm fine with the way it works. When I get the special buildings they are usually better than anything else I have, so I usually use them rather soon after winning them (even then some special buildings are better than the things 1 age up). By the time they get outdated I usually have the chance to get something better anyway, so I don't even really need to wait for a reno kit to upgrade one.

So if I was given the choice of having this get better in my inventory or the way it is now, I'd choose now.

Gondour

Corporal
Hi everyone,
I know that this thread is a bit previous but I kind of see what the original question from SlickR might mean. It's not that we have not made good use of our event buildings, it's just that we may have gained 4 of the same like I have from the Cherry garden Event. My garden is complete and I have 3 spare Nishikigoi ponds sitting in my inventory with nowhere to put them where they can fulfill their potential - rather sad. Pretty little ponds they are too. Now unless there's another Cherry Garden event, these ponds will be rendered useless, which is a shame. Do such events have repeats? If not, why not I wonder? People could build on what they gathered last time around and put these items together for best effect.

Oh and really sorry chaps, maybe my comment does not quite fit this thread but you might still have thoughts on the matter.
Many thanks

DeletedUser110131

They've sat in my inventory and I haven't had the place to put them, but I don't think players should be punished for saving their buildings in their inventory and as such buildings need to convert to the latest age when placed from the inventory to your city!
You're supposed to be rewarded for good strategy. In a city building game, which this is, a flexible city design, that will allow you to exploit opportunities that arise, is a central element to any good strategy. You want to be rewarded with a "free" renovation kit, for not having been able to place these buildings. However, that's backwards; others should be rewarded for having been able to place them.

As far as renovation kit that is not a solution, you can't earn it regularly, you can't buy it, so you have to hope you get it in one of the random events.
That's a hint for you, right there. The ability to upgrade buildings is meant to be rare. It's not news to Inno that Renovation Kits are most in demand when placing old event buildings, and it's no coincidence that they're rare.

You can do as I do. When there's an event building that you're sure you'll want for several ages ahead, target renovation kits so you'll be able to keep them updated. The good news is that, if you don't place the buildings immediately, you'll need fewer kits. The alternative is to only target the buildings, in all events, enabling you to regularly replace buildings from previous events.

You want to improve the benefits of the latter strategy, to where it includes the benefits of the first strategy.

I have at least 10 special buildings I can place from my inventory that could be upgraded. This would be a great feature for the game and give life to some of those old winnings.
No, it's not a "great feature for the game". It's a "feature" that would make the game easier for you, by lifting you out of the hole you've dug for yourself. There's a huge difference between those two things.

Making it certain that Inno won't save you out of that hole, is the fact that events are essential to their revenue. Anything that will make players less likely to take part in events, will hurt their bottom line. Players who neither need Renovation Kits, nor new event buildings, will be considerably less active in events.

Do such events have repeats?
They generally have annual repeats. Also, Inno is (or was; they may have decided one way or the other, by now) considering making the Cherry Garden available again, even before next spring.

Gondour

Corporal
You're supposed to be rewarded for good strategy. In a city building game, which this is, a flexible city design, that will allow you to exploit opportunities that arise, is a central element to any good strategy. You want to be rewarded with a "free" renovation kit, for not having been able to place these buildings. However, that's backwards; others should be rewarded for having been able to place them.

That's a hint for you, right there. The ability to upgrade buildings is meant to be rare. It's not news to Inno that Renovation Kits are most in demand when placing old event buildings, and it's no coincidence that they're rare.

You can do as I do. When there's an event building that you're sure you'll want for several ages ahead, target renovation kits so you'll be able to keep them updated. The good news is that, if you don't place the buildings immediately, you'll need fewer kits. The alternative is to only target the buildings, in all events, enabling you to regularly replace buildings from previous events.

You want to improve the benefits of the latter strategy, to where it includes the benefits of the first strategy.

No, it's not a "great feature for the game". It's a "feature" that would make the game easier for you, by lifting you out of the hole you've dug for yourself. There's a huge difference between those two things.

Making it certain that Inno won't save you out of that hole, is the fact that events are essential to their revenue. Anything that will make players less likely to take part in events, will hurt their bottom line. Players who neither need Renovation Kits, nor new event buildings, will be considerably less active in events.

They generally have annual repeats. Also, Inno is (or was; they may have decided one way or the other, by now) considering making the Cherry Garden available again, even before next spring.

Aah, now that is very encouraging indeed. Maybe there'll be a good opportunity to marry up my Cherry Garden ponds with other garden buildings yet. Thanks