• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Building Upgrades vs Store buildings

nice2haveu

Corporal
Got surprised when cider mill upgrade happens from 2x3 to 3x3 size and building got pulled into inventory. Nice feature, but cannot get this ability for shrink kit upgrades on wishing wells, fountain of youth etc., where those are directly shifting their size in the map itself :(.

Is this supportive functionality or happens by mistake on cider mill?

Actually, expecting this approach for every shrink kit or any building upgrades to behave like that. It will reduce the use of store buildings slightly.

Guessing like, this might have discussed long back however myself interested to know the current thoughts from everyone.

Knight of ICE

It happens to more buildings, so no mistake. With shrink kits the building gets smaller. The cider mill gets bigger so it might not fit in the spot it is in. That's why it goes to your inventory.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Instead of making that feature restricting with building size fit in or not fit in, every upgraded building gets added to the inventory would be nice. Of course, timer in the building will be a corner case, but user can plan and wait till the next starting cycle. so, enabling the cider mill behavior to every upgraded building is quite useful. Players can make strategy to use the upgrade kits wisely on the perspective of Auction Dealer and Store building usage. Is there any trouble in bringing that behavior to all upgradeable building.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Instead of making that feature restricting with building size fit in or not fit in, every upgraded building gets added to the inventory would be nice. Of course, timer in the building will be a corner case, but user can plan and wait till the next starting cycle. so, enabling the cider mill behavior to every upgraded building is quite useful. Players can make strategy to use the upgrade kits wisely on the perspective of Auction Dealer and Store building usage. Is there any trouble in bringing that behavior to all upgradeable building.
No - I would not want this to happen. Using something like the Cider Mill - makes total sense that because you are increasing its size, it should go back into Inventory, because it may or may not fit within its space anymore. Using something like Wishing Well, it is being shrunk, there is no issue about it no longer fitting, and DO NOT want it to go in inventory, as would then lose the timer, which would reset. And for people who try to time their collections so they can be picked up at the same time, then having to waste time to find return the WW back into the City, could easily start a bit of a mess on time. The Shrink Kits for certain buildings work fine as is - if anything, player may want to move it around to maximize efficiency with the newly acquired spaces. Increasing the size of a building, wish it would not go back into inventory, but makes absolute sense why it happens.

Cuthwolf

Captain
I have been picking up CM upgrades in the AD hoping there would be a better one the the Flourishing Cider Mill this year - do you think that will happen?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have been picking up CM upgrades in the AD hoping there would be a better one the the Flourishing Cider Mill this year - do you think that will happen?
I pick them up all the time too. Much better than using blacksmiths, and you can age it up to current, so it qualifies for Event quest credit for both (producing x number of time & producing current, or previous, Age) For 2x3 its great and if I want to slowly, or quickly upgrade for the Goods or FP timers as well. Lots of choices.

r21r

Major-General
I pick them up all the time too. Much better than using blacksmiths, and you can age it up to current, so it qualifies for Event quest credit for both (producing x number of time & producing current, or previous, Age) For 2x3 its great and if I want to slowly, or quickly upgrade for the Goods or FP timers as well. Lots of choices.
Witch Doctors also cool, and in the upcoming event as reward from the bonus event q line

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Witch Doctors also cool, and in the upcoming event as reward from the bonus event q line
That makes total sense. Though Cider Mill gives nearly twice as many supplies - after a while, really do not need supplies anymore - more important to have the buildings that fit the space best. I may have to see if I can get 1 or 2 of them. Thanks