• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Building Speed Ups

Do you think building speed up %'s would be beneficial to the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Proposal: To have building speed ups the same as coin and supply speed ups

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, Could not see anything, tried my best.

Reason: In later eras the building times are massive. Sometimes you only need to build in order to complete a quest, like produce 5 x ______.
There are speed ups for collections you can hold in your inventory, but nothing for building. Long building times can be frustrating, boring and off putting.
Blocks tavern from being used for anything else.
Sometimes you need the tavern for other purposes especially if you are trying to complete a quest

Balance/Details: As stated, there are already speed ups for coin and supply collections, so a building speed up would not change much or require a complete overhaul. Plus the dynamics already there as the Tavern has the building boosts, as pointed out.
Could be a reward in Events, Quests, as a prize in GE or GBG, whether for full completion, as one of the rewards along the path or being the top guild.
Whilst there are speed ups in the tavern, it has to be used before building commencement and blocks the tavern from being utilised for other items, which if you are trying to complete a quest to spend X amount of tavern silver can be a hindrance.
Could be same as the coin / supply time boosts, an hour glass with a hand holding the hammer or the 3 bricks (as in tavern) on right side?
Therefore a single shot, 1 building, speed up / rush, the same as the coin and supply rush, you get and have in your inventory.
Think a 100%, 75% 50%, 25% or 10% would be in keeping, else a 1hr, 4hr, 8hr boost , any would be useful and appreciated.
Would cause no other effects in game as far as I can see, which means it could only be a positive improvement.

Benefit: In the later Era's or from Progressive upwards, it would allow more trial and error with building.
Would allow the tavern not to be blocked if needed for a quest, and allow tavern to be used for other bonuses.
Would speed the enjoyment of seeing a new build spring up. Might encourage players to spend more time on the game and increase the games over all appeal.
Would increase the game's play-ability.

Abuse: None that I can foresee. The fact that when you go up an era, it might not take so long to see the fruits of your labour.
Shorter build times would not effect the game in any dramatic fashion, as the tavern already shows, so would only increase enjoyment.
build times.jpg

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Scratch one not so well thought out idea! :)
(Replace with slight adjustment)
No wonder I couldn't find any previous suggestion for it! lol
(Damn wish I'd known last night!)

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
But the quest says "Build 5 X's". It doesn't say "Build and complete 5 Xs". Build then delete 5 times, not much space needed and done in seconds (if you have the coins & supplies of course).

But the quest says "Build 5 X's". It doesn't say "Build and complete 5 Xs". Build then delete 5 times, not much space needed and done in seconds (if you have the coins & supplies of course).
Sometimes you only need to build in order to complete a quest, like produce 5 x ______.
Produce...

Some side quests require you to produce specific items.
For instance: "The Power of Logistics" (Contemporary Era):
Produce 5 Container Transports (in a Logistics Center)
+ In a Logistics Center, finish 15 productions

Some side quests also require you to recruit specific military units.

You have to build (and complete) the production or military buildings to solve those quests.
Side quest are abortable, though, so you don't have to solve the quests.
Military units you can get from GE or GBG, but it may take a while to get the required units, of course.

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
Some players abort side quests that cannot be completed quickly but I don't. They give lots of goods that are in great need for the tech tree and there are few ways to get them as (for me) it's always in the top era which has recently opened.

Some players abort side quests that cannot be completed quickly but I don't. They give lots of goods that are in great need for the tech tree and there are few ways to get them as (for me) it's always in the top era which has recently opened.
Yes, you can get great rewards from some of the side quests (especially with a high level CF reward boost :rolleyes:).
I was just saying, that for some of the side quests you have to build and complete the construction of certain buildings. You can't just start a construction of a budiling and instantly delete it to solve those quests, because the quests require you to produce specific items form the buildings.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Ah but just found a flaw with the tavern speed up. You need to activate it before you start construction.
What if you want to speed up a specific building time once it has been started?
What if you already have a tavern boost running and are unable to activate a construction boost?
Plus for some it means no other tavern bonus can be used whist the speed up is active. Which if you have a quest to spend X amount of tavern coins can be a hindrance.
If you had a specific 1 building speed up in inventory, much like the coin and supply speed ups, it would be far more useful, and not block the tavern from being used for other things.
Have altered the initial suggestion to account for this, and you can re-vote if you wish.
Thank you all for all your input. It has helped immensely.

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Ah ha, but some quests state HAVE 2 X's or 1 X, rather than build X...which means you actually have to build it.
As I have have just discovered! (unfortunately forgot the tavern and started the builds! Doh)
Now that's when a single 1 building speed up, in the inventory, would come in handy!
have foe.jpg

Last edited:
some quests state HAVE 2 X's or 1 X, rather than build X...which means you actually have to build it.
Not 100% sure, but I think that, if you start the construction of a building, you HAVE the building. You don't have to complete the construction to HAVE the building.

Emberguard

Legend
Not 100% sure, but I think that, if you start the construction of a building, you HAVE the building. You don't have to complete the construction to HAVE the building.
Yeah that’s how my quests have worked. Not needing to complete buildings for “have X building”

The distinction is Build X doesn’t care how many you have present in the city. You can delete and rebuild

Have X requires you have that amount present at one time. So if you delete the building it’s deducted from the total. If you need two buildings you need both simultaneously present in the city taking up space for both buildings

r21r

Major-General
Ah but just found a flaw with the tavern speed up. You need to activate it before you start construction.
What if you want to speed up a specific building time once it has been built?
Plus for some it means no other tavern bonus can be used whist the speed up is active. Which if you have a quest to spend X amount of tavern coins can be a hindrance.
If you had a specific 1 building speed up in inventory, much like the coin and supply speed ups, it would be far more useful, and not block the tavern from being used for other things.
Have altered the initial suggestion to account for this, and you can re-vote if you wish.
Thank you all for all your input. It has helped immensely.
i think is not a flaw - you can delete and rebuild to get the bonus

if you want to speed up... then finish with diamonds :D

yes i think it doesn't affect the buildings you have in your inventory - maybe you could change your idea to that and make it an improvement, or leave feedback as a bug, they might not be aware of it and change it in the end

Groovy Prof

Corporal
I tried it and had to finish the build
Plus had another quest to produce 5 rodeo champions which meant I had to finish a ranch in order to produce the champions....
With a lot of quests when it says build, your right and can delete straight away, but when it states have, you have to complete the build.
plus as stated they normally come in two parts; to have and produce x amount....

Groovy Prof

Corporal
i think is not a flaw - you can delete and rebuild to get the bonus

if you want to speed up... then finish with diamonds :D

yes i think it doesn't affect the buildings you have in your inventory - maybe you could change your idea to that and make it an improvement, or leave feedback as a bug, they might not be aware of it and change it in the end
If only I had the diamonds! covid has hit me hard financially so can't even afford to buy them......probably the same as many other players.
Yes the feedback has been great cheers, here's hoping they see it 8-)

Powe

Brigadier-General
I tried it and had to finish the build
Plus had another quest to produce 5 rodeo champions which meant I had to finish a ranch in order to produce the champions....
With a lot of quests when it says build, your right and can delete straight away, but when it states have, you have to complete the build.
plus as stated they normally come in two parts; to have and produce x amount....
You don't. I've tried it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.