• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Building Rotation

DeletedUser1081

I'm surprised in-game support told you that, because if you check the instructions for the "Ideas" section (and this very thread), you'll find that a "holding area", just like rotatable buildings, is one of the concepts that has been officially designated as "never gonna happen".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13082

Building a productive and well functioning city to maximise your point gain is a core aspect of the game. The ability to rotate buildings would mean creating a well organised and functioning city would be too easy and defeat the whole point of having limited city space with specific building footprints.

This has been mentioned hundreds of times and is never going to happen. It would ruin the city building aspect of the game and leave no challenge for players. The idea of creating your city is to make it as productive as possible (if you play for rank) or make it look nice which some people choose to do. To make it look nice the rotation idea makes no difference anyway as you will have a ton of unused, wasted space anyway so just re-arrange to fit something in if you want to. For the productive city to help gain rank, rotation ability would remove the challenge from this aspect of the game. The idea is that it is supposed to be difficult to fit everything in to a highly productive city. If it is supposed to be difficult then why would they implement something that would make it easier? Think about it...

DeletedUser15432

Could we please have a rotation ability for buildings, so that 4x3 can become 3x4 etc, depending on space available in the players city. This would certainly help those who can not/ do not wish to spend rl money on expansions to utilise their areas to the maximum.

Please check the sticky threads at the start of the ideas section, this comes under the heading of making the game easier and can also be found in ideas that are not going to happen

DeletedUser

It sounds a good idea, but quite honestly it would make the game too easy, as at the moment you have to make a space to move buildings around, and that is the way it should stay.

DeletedUser7990

Part of the game is strategy, it's about making the most of what you have. You have 4*3 then you need to make it work, that's the challenge. Can I suggest those who want a rotate option go play farmville?

DeletedUser

This is an 2D game, imagine the work for designers when they'd have to paint every building 4x from every direction.. There are better things to do, besides, it gives a challenge and makes it not so easy to build efficient city.

DeletedUser

Could there be a rotation for aestethic reasons, so that the 1x1, 2x2 building could be mirrored?
I would love that, because I like to plan organic looking cities and it's hard when the best building by stats predominates. It doesn't look as pretty as it could.

DeletedUser

Could there be a rotation for aestethic reasons, so that the 1x1, 2x2 building could be mirrored?

If it's been ruled out for city planning reasons, then I can't really see it being implemented for aesthetic reasons only. It is possible to make quite a pretty-looking city with what we have. Quite a lot of the 1x1 and 2x2 decorations are virtually symmetrical anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102246

... But I can see why graphically, whereas many of the buildings have moving people in the foreground- it would sort of be silly to move them backwards when the people are working in the front. For example, the brickworks (in my second monitor) has a nice waterwheel with water moving, a hammer machine, and a person working. All three would be lost if the building were flipped.

The animations linked to the buildings are actually separate files (probably animated gifs) that overlay the building image. On my slow machine I sometimes see the tiny animations load before the building does. LOL