• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Rotating Building

DeletedUser16846

Hi there,

Can you please make it possible to place an item on a slot by being able to rotate the item to fit the slot. Take for instance a 2x3 slot and an item that is 3x2 should be possible to place in the slot by rotating it.

DeletedUser

Hey akmatey,

Welcome to the Forge of Empires forum. :)
As for your idea, take a look at the following quote:

The Community Manager Team said:
These ideas will not be implemented:

• Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).
  • Having a "holding area" for buildings to make rearranging easier (likewise).
  • Exchanging coins for supplies and/or goods, or vice versa (likewise).

As you can see, not being able to rotate the buildings is part of the challenge of the game. It is meant to make you plan ahead and design your town in a way which "fits". ;)

For future reference, Please make sure you read through the Ideas previously suggested thread and the Guide to the Ideas section *Please read before posting* (which contains the idea template) before creating an idea. :)

Thread closed.

DeletedUser

Anyone else get annoyed at the fact we can't rotate buildings? Like I've said in previous posts. I love this game, there is a few flaws but overall it's a pretty enjoyable game. But please let me rotate my buildings! and one more thing, spending well earned supplies on paved roads is stupid, surely because we have advanced to a certain age on the game, the the roads should come as a bog standard? maybe spend coins on roads if anything, but certainly not supplies.

Much Love
Sir D:cool:

Amy Steele

General
Sorry to say Sir_Donafee, the rotating buildings idea is a non-starter...

Originally Posted by The Community Manager Team

Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).

Having a "holding area" for buildings to make rearranging easier (likewise).
Exchanging coins for supplies and/or goods, or vice versa (likewise).

Other ideas that are regularly proposed have already been announced as "on the way" in some form. These include:
Being able to control our own defence.
Inter-guild competition.

Free/cheaper roads is an interesting one... more likely to get noticed if you use the ideas template though

Last edited:

DeletedUser

With the roads, I just think its silly that your wasting supplies to build them, and in regards to the rotating buildings, if it has been discussed and thrown to the side then fair enough, I suppose it does take the challenge out of the game.

Surge

Brigadier-General
As Amy said and mentioned from the rules, rotating buildings would eliminate the challenge of the game and render any planning useless and futile.

As for the roads, I stand by my belief that they are necessary, and they have a good enough balanced cost. They are sort of like cultural buildings, except they connect everything in the town. If you are good enough at the game, blowing supplies out the roof won't be a problem after researching new roads (the only "useless" road in the game is Sett Paved, because you unlock Promenades very shortly afterwards along with Tarmacs). I am able to whip up a Bronze Age to end game setup capable of producing massive surplus coins and supplies without the use of any premium buildings. Trust, me advancing through the ages, road replacement costs are the LEAST of your worries. Residences and production building replacements are arguably the most expensive bits of the game, along with planning and replacing cultural buildings, especially for enthusiasm bonus.

If you play longer, you'll know more. When you feel ready, start on a new world. You'll be surprised to see that everything you do is significantly better, and can do everything very quickly, sometimes as soon as you unlock that certain tech. Roads would be the least of your concerns.

DeletedUser276

threads will only be closed by the request of the opening poster or if a mod feels things have run their course. Sorry Surge.

DeletedUser

I think we need the ability to flip buildings. It will help players to use their town space instead of buing expantions.

The idea is like this:
For example. we have a 2x3 building. We can't put it anywhere we want. If we'll have the ability to flip the buildings. this problem will solve.

It will activated with a simple button in the building menu.

I hope you'll love my idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).
Having a "holding area" for buildings to make rearranging easier (likewise).
Exchanging coins for supplies and/or goods, or vice versa (likewise).

​​​​​​​

DeletedUser

Sorry
I didn't know
But it annoys me that I need to move 5 buildings for a big one...
And I can't understand why!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

It's part of the game. Once you play it long enough, you'll understand that selling a few buildings (or just having an empty space) is required and doesn't make to too much of a challenge when moving things around. I mainly have full-city transformations whenever I'm in the mood of changing my city :p

DeletedUser15432

I also mainly have either single building transformations or entire city transformations, if you go to the guides section, you will find a useful link to Forgestats, this will assist you in any city redesigns that you will require

DeletedUser102352

Would be great to have rotate or store a couple of things in inventory to make redesigning a little less like tetris lol :)

DeletedUser

Would be great to have rotate or store a couple of things in inventory to make redesigning a little less like tetris lol :)

Rotating buildings is not going to happen because it will make the game too easy, and storing buildings in the inventory would do that too. It does take time, skill and planning to move buildings around, but that's part of the game.

DeletedUser

Cities look to ordinary sometimes...And I think there is someting which can change the situation and make game even more interesting.Here's my idea:
Buildings can be rotated in north, south,east or west.The cities never have buildings always in one direction.This will make cities more interesting and looking more realistic...I know it will be hard to make it possible but if the idea is good why dont we(we=developers) give it a chanse?There are some opportunities:
1.It will cost coins/supplies which will go higher depending from the type of the building(military/residental etc.) and it's age
2.It will be allowed only to people who have only Z expansions(depending on the age)

Z=number

I hope you will like my idea.