• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Building pack

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Can a mod please confirm how many times per age (per city) the building pack can be purchased?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

For a short time there was a bug, which was fixed very quickly. The decision was made that as they had purchased, they would be allowed to keep the items, which is what has happened in this case.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I guess this part of the in-game rules needs amending then ;)

6) Bugs
Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to game support. A player must not take advantage of a bug, in doing so they have violated the rules.

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

I guess this part of the in-game rules needs amending then ;)

The player may not have been aware that it is a bug so could not be held accountable for 'taking advantage' especially as it is a relatively new feature. I didn't know it was limited to one purchase until I actually purchased it and couldn't get another one. If it had allowed me to buy another one I would have assumed that was the norm and even now I would have just thought that they have changed the offer to increase the number of purchases.

As I recall real offenders of bugs or errors like the double fight one when players were surrendering second fight and getting points for the first didn't get their points removed even though it allowed them to easily increase their points by excessive amounts :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yep, you're right, silly me for forgetting that transparency and fairness are not part of Inno's philosophy :)

DeletedUser99588

Yep, you're right, silly me for forgetting that transparency and fairness are not part of Inno's philosophy :)

I think it is a little unfair with regard to this example but there have been a number of other cases where I whole heartedly agree with you.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes, I agree with you. In this case I see no malpractice on the part of the player. I apologise.

DeletedUser9546

Unless the player is you or they told you specifically that they purchased it twice....how do you know that they used a building pack?

DeletedUser99588

Unless the player is you or they told you specifically that they purchased it twice....how do you know that they used a building pack?

Because it is a bronze age city and I'm guessing it is from one of the worlds released after Christmas event :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Because a building pack in BA comprises of a Theatre, Tailor, Villa, and Pillar. Only the Theatre and the Pillar are available as individual diamond purchases whilst still in BA. As can be seen from the screenshot it is still a BA city and yet there are two Tailors and two Villas, both of which are unavailable for purchase as premium purchases in BA.

DeletedUser9546

Now that you've mentioned that......Why is there even a BA building pack if there isnt even a premium supply building in BA. I think you should research architecture before you can buy a building pack.....or Im just mean like that.

DeletedUser99588

Now that you've mentioned that......Why is there even a BA building pack if there isnt even a premium supply building in BA. I think you should research architecture before you can buy a building pack.....or Im just mean like that.

Your just mean :p

DeletedUser5180

until reading this thread i never knew a building pack was only available once per city per age / era

if a player bought lots of them due to a bug then i'd say they are entitled to keep them UNLESS there was a notice on the purchase screen stating this.

I bought 1 pack (TE) and do not remember any such notice.

Those of use who are active on the forums will know that bugs should not be abused BUT there are probably hundreds of thousands of players who have never logged onto the forum and will not know what is a bug and what is not (depending on what the bug is)

Last edited by a moderator: