• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Build menu - GB tab - sorting

• Thread starter DeletedUser118374
  • Start date

DeletedUser118374

This question applies to the PC client.

It seems to me from observation that the great buildings on their tab in the build menu are sorted by the number of blueprint pieces you have, with the most recent building to achieve N pieces first among those that have N pieces. I'm not sure why this sort order is considered useful. I suspect it's simply accidental, an artifact of the way it happened to be programmed.

Is there any way to set a different sorting order - such as by age, or alphabetic by GB name, or something that doesn't change around?

Why on earth would I care?

When I'm farming BPs by aiding everyone in my guild-of-the-moment sometimes I go too fast, and the popup that shows me getting a new BP is gone because I click a second time on something before I see what new BP I got. And I want to know that, so what I've ended up doing is writing down all my BP status, just like in the build menu, on paper. But when I get a new BP it changes the order, and that makes my paper version no longer in the right order, making the whole effort less useful. Being able to find out what BP I just found make the mind-numbing farming less tedious. So I'm a little OCD about which BPs I've found and not found, and want to keep track.

Another way to answer this is if there's a setting so that pop-up windows don't clear in the UI if you click outside them.

Yet another way would be if there's an event log somewhere I could go back and look at that would tell me what I just got.

Is there any way to set a different sorting order - such as by age, or alphabetic by GB name, or something that doesn't change around?
No

Another way to answer this is if there's a setting so that pop-up windows don't clear in the UI if you click outside them.
No
if there's an event log somewhere I could go back and look at that would tell me what I just got.
No, this has been asked for before and rejected by the majority of players

All I can really say with BPs is that if you are looking for a specific one then you will know what it is and be able to see fairly quickly. If you're just interested in what BPs you get in general, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know what stage you're at but later in the game you end up with so many that they almost become irrelevant