• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Bringing touch and select approach of army units under army management window like PC in mobile.

Bringing touch & select approach of army units under army management window like PC in mobile.

• Yes, it will be useful.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No, not needed at all.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Proposal: Bringing touch and select approach of army units under army management window like PC in mobile.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, not seen similar results from my search (sorry if it has already).

Reason:
Army units in mobile gets selected into attacking army by two ways. One way is by drag and drop and other way is by selecting the army unit gets a pop up and in that selecting swords plus icon. Both are really troublesome behavior currently. Like PC, just clicking the army unit will gets placed into the empty slot and same approach for deselection too. PC users are using it easily. No options for mobile like that.

So, suggesting this idea by placing one button to enable the touch behavior under army management to toggle with touch-select and current behavior. With this option enabled, mobile players can select the units just by touching and same touch can be used for deselection too. It will surely help the mobile players. If they want to make any units to defending army, they can uncheck the touch option and go with current behavior. When touch button is enabled, user should be sacrificing units details popup with heal/defend/delete units options, but same can be obtained by unchecking the touch button which is mentioned in the idea. Not sure how much consistency with PC, but really useful behavior in the army management window for mobile users.

Visual Aids/Details:

touch_option.jpg

Balance: It will maintain balance.

Abuse Prevention: No abuse.

I have no issues with army selection on the app, don't see it a problem dragging 8 units into the attacking army in about ½ a second.

nice2haveu

Corporal
I find it far faster on the app than using pc
Can bet like, you are using PC for daily gameplay. Am not saying it is faster or slow, it is much annoying to drag and drop every time and another way is much annoying than drag and drop where user have to select the unit and click the icon to add from the popup. Just for arguing, can say it is fast, but usage point of view PC approach is easy. Let the PC user also not to add the units by single click selection and make them drag and drop every time, then you will not argue for faster or slower. For mobile users, it is a pain for sure. PC users without realizing the trouble of mobile users making the battles very fast. Just to analyze the fact, checking in the mobile it is doing fast or slow, doesn't count. Play one entire GBG season in diamond or platinum in mobile, then still if felt like "NO it is not annoying much" will agree from my side. However, currently the approach given in mobile is NOT FAIR.

Can bet like, you are using PC for daily gameplay. Am not saying it is faster or slow, it is much annoying to drag and drop every time and another way is much annoying than drag and drop where user have to select the unit and click the icon to add from the popup. Just for arguing, can say it is fast, but usage point of view PC approach is easy. Let the PC user also not to add the units by single click selection and make them drag and drop every time, then you will not argue for faster or slower. For mobile users, it is a pain for sure. PC users without realizing the trouble of mobile users making the battles very fast. Just to analyze the fact, checking in the mobile it is doing fast or slow, doesn't count. Play one entire GBG season in diamond or platinum in mobile, then still if felt like "NO it is not annoying much" will agree from my side. However, currently the approach given in mobile is NOT FAIR.
I hardly ever play on pc preferring the app.

As for clicking units this seems like it would make it much more cumbersome to set up defensive armies and the switching between attack and city defence.

Also, to get to rogues, you have to slide across the light units, there is a real possibly that this could be seen as a "click" adding the unit to attack which would then have to be removed again

nice2haveu

Corporal
I hardly ever play on pc preferring the app.

As for clicking units this seems like it would make it much more cumbersome to set up defensive armies and the switching between attack and city defence.

Also, to get to rogues, you have to slide across the light units, there is a real possibly that this could be seen as a "click" adding the unit to attack which would then have to be removed again
From my understanding, it works correctly every situation. Users can uncheck the touch option when they need to scroll. These are usage and need perspective. User should click the touch option when they decided to select the unit after deciding which unit category they want. Now no touch option available, so dragging all 8 damaged units 8 times and selection units dragging 8 times. Mobile user will gets adjusted with the behaviour very soon if touch given as a option. Drag and drop option will be less used if this idea delivered in mobile. Am pretty sure.

Unchecking the touch option leads the way for defense army with current approach since it won't get changed very frequently like attacking army. So doing once with current approach, it will be fine. Can suggest new idea for defense army with touch option, but will do it later. Attacking army unit touch selection is first priority, so didn't suggest for defense in the same idea context (just one drop down to be placed next to the suggested idea touch option with gold sword or blue shield drop down entries in which gold sword icon selected by default in the drop-down. This one needs to be elaborated separately). Can share the visual aid, but first touch option should gets into mobile army management window.

From my understanding, it works correctly every situation. Users can uncheck the touch option when they need to scroll. These are usage and need perspective. User should click the touch option when they decided to select the unit after deciding which unit category they want. Now no touch option available, so dragging all 8 damaged units 8 times and selection units dragging 8 times. Mobile user will gets adjusted with the behaviour very soon if touch given as a option. Drag and drop option will be less used if this idea delivered in mobile. Am pretty sure.

Unchecking the touch option leads the way for defense army with current approach since it won't get changed very frequently like attacking army. So doing once with current approach, it will be fine. Can suggest new idea for defense army with touch option, but will do it later. Attacking army unit touch selection is first priority, so didn't suggest for defense in the same idea context (just one drop down to be placed next to the suggested idea touch option with gold sword or blue shield drop down entries in which gold sword icon selected by default in the drop-down. This one needs to be elaborated separately). Can share the visual aid, but first touch option should gets into mobile army management window.
So I have to check the touch option to select a unit.
Unchecked it to scroll to rogues
Check it again to add rogues

Also on some worlds I change my defensive army daily so that's even more clicking with this

nice2haveu

Corporal
change my defensive army daily so that's even more clicking with this
Still you will uncheck touch only once daily. If you are changing defense army daily many times, just one click extra each time when you are doing. That's okay in my opinion. you are not doing like attacking army scenario in GBG, so it can be acceptable with one extra click to get a nice touch feature in mobile.
Unchecked it to scroll to rogues
Check it again to add rogues
can give a workaround when touch option available for mobile, which am doing currently also. When touch is checked, to avoid scrolling and needed to select rogues, will switch to lower age where i do not get any units with rogues in army management. It is a workaround only. Currently in mobile, am doing like this to escape from scrolling. It will be suitable when touch option introduced also. If you are in FE, and selecting arctic era, you won't get rogues with another unit. so here, when touch available, can add rogues easily in the mobile.

Still you will uncheck touch only once daily. If you are changing defense army daily many times, just one click extra each time when you are doing. That's okay in my opinion. you are not doing like attacking army scenario in GBG, so it can be acceptable with one extra click to get a nice touch feature in mobile.

can give a workaround when touch option available for mobile, which am doing currently also. When touch is checked, to avoid scrolling and needed to select rogues, will switch to lower age where i do not get any units with rogues in army management. It is a workaround only. Currently in mobile, am doing like this to escape from scrolling. It will be suitable when touch option introduced also. If you are in FE, and selecting arctic era, you won't get rogues with another unit. so here, when touch available, can add rogues easily in the mobile.
I'm in SAV and have units from every era

nice2haveu

Corporal
Delete your Iron units (you don't need them), and use the Iron age tab for rogues only to easy replace rogues in the army :D
You have to switch back to SAV though, of course, if you also need to replace SAV units.
Was typing the same, but mentioning bronze age instead of iron age just to handle PvP if wished.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Yes I know how it works :D

Switching the era all the time is more hassle than the stupid lock idea :rolleyes:
Scrolling is much worse behaviour than switching era. Looks like you never felt damn about scrolling. Cause if you don't like touch behaviour, then nothing can be done to avoid scrolling. 650 units scrolling in mobile to get rogues is better or one age switching better. You clarify me which is hassle. Simply for arguing, don't put things in negative side.

Scrolling is much worse behaviour than switching era. Looks like you never felt damn about scrolling. Cause if you don't like touch behaviour, then nothing can be done to avoid scrolling. 650 units scrolling in mobile to get rogues is better or one age switching better. You clarify me which is hassle. Simply for arguing, don't put things in negative side.
Why 650 unit scrolling???

I set my age to current at the start of the day and then only have to scroll past 20 units to get to rogues, no hassle at all really

nice2haveu

Corporal
Why 650 unit scrolling???

I set my age to current at the start of the day and then only have to scroll past 20 units to get to rogues, no hassle at all really
sorry for the typo, 60 units scrolling not 650. Was making the assumption like 1 heavy unit selection and 7 rogues selection. Sometimes, heavy unit which you wanted to add won't be appeared as first choice for selection and need to scroll 20 units. And remaining 40 units scrolling for rogues, in my case having two light units before rogues. so 40 + 20 unit = 60 units scrolling for myself in single attacking army selection. (IMO, average of scrolling will be 40units with game tactics on changing or selecting attacking army every time). For me, it is hassle only.

I'd rather scroll through a bunch of units to get to the rogues than switch between two ages. I'm a browser player though.

Don't know what to say for mine, doing scrolling, switching ages and drag drop units daily in mobile. One thing puzzles me much is touch option should be dedicated for mobile(universal approach) and drag and drop should be for pc(with cursor involvement). It is not developed initially like that, really missed to address a basic use case of mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.