• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bring back events to a few

DeletedUser914

Proposal: Bring back the amount of events to a few yearly.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea Yes

Reason: The amount of events are too many. With the current events coming soon: Yuri Gagarin and May Day event the game is hopping from event to event. Looks like even a month cannot pass without an event. The point is that you have to free a part of space to complete those quests, and have to hold on pieces of unexplored provinces, keep sectors open, have goods unhold for negotiations etcetera,

It is a balance between following all the events which look like the same, or not participating with the risk of missing a building or some diamonds.

Not many want to miss items, events are awesome, but with that many interest is starting to decrease. Black holes on the calendar would be a welcome part of the game.

Details: Only the big events can stay: summer, winter, easter, halloween, valentine and just 1 additional one for an extra event, like Olympics.

Visual Aids:N/A

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

DeletedUser99438

+1

Good points but there are more downside to events for players and more upsides to Inno. All inno care about is rolling in the cash. Doesn't matter that the game is unplayable in some aspects of it and the quality of service is extremely poor to say the least.

They are losing the usual amount of money that they earn from people who usually spend on this game, that's stopped because the quality of service is rubbish and not worth paying for. So what does inno do? Create events, because events will draw in money even if it's to smaller capacity. And what do events do? Slow the game down and make it even more unbearable to play.

So basically time and time again, Inno say nevermind fixing what's broke, let's just add more things that will make us money. Nevermind it will cause the service to be worse. Nevermind it frustrates their customers. In fact I'm sure Inno's philosophy is stuff our customers and and stuff supplying good quality service, all that's important is to make whatever money we can.

DeletedUser96901

the reasons for that many events is simple:
they want to delay the next (=last) era as long as possible

so events, events, events, events

oh wait: there is something different: Free For All GvG (actually it will only be Free For Advanced Players, for all is simply a lie)
another reason not to release the final era

because they know many players will quit when they have finished the last era

DeletedUser97688

I like events. -1.

The buildings that you can win are the reward for setting aside goods, space, provinces etc. If you don't want to participate, don't participate. If you don't want to put yourself out to get the building or diamonds, you don't deserve the building or diaomnds. You aren't "missing out", you are just refusing to pay the cost of these things

There is no reason to suggest that FFAA will be the final era. Of course people will quit when they ahve finished the game, but the game will keep expanding to accomodate those players.

DeletedUser100065

+1 on the idea, less time spent looking at wikipedia for the next mildly interesting topic and more time fixing bugs is defiantly in order imo.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
mini events are not an issue....you could simply avoid doing it, if you're feel being pushed to do parts of game earlier than you planned.
a lot of players at the end of the tech tree like them simply because there is nothing to do...i believe that gvg was meant for this reason specifically but with lag issues a lot of players avoid it.

because they know many players will quit when they have finished the last era
there are already rumors circulating about new features being implemented after the last era like 2nd city.....
personally i think there's still a lot to come as this game's just started gaining popularity because of mobile versions.

DeletedUser15432

I will give this a score of 0, events are important for advancing players and players ate the end of the tech tree, but for those in between, they can be a drag and are creating problems

DeletedUser106685

The amount of events are too many

I disagree.

If you're interested in what too many events looks like, go play Farmerama for a while. It will drive you nuts.

Vesiger

Monarch
+1
It's like having Christmas all year round - currently it feels as if there are only about two weeks between one event and the next.
There's nothing special about it when it happens all the time (and not much special about special buildings that the players are too bored to even build).

DeletedUser15372

It is a balance between following all the events which look like the same, or not participating with the risk of missing a building or some diamonds.

But if the events don't exist then that means no diamonds or special buildings. You want fewer events which means less chances for diamonds anyways and special buildings so even if you don't do some events then it is like those events don't exist. Did I get that right? :?

DeletedUser109268

But if the events don't exist then that means no diamonds or special buildings. You want fewer events which mean fewer chances for diamonds anyways and special buildings so even if you don't do some events then it is like those events don't exist. Did I get that right? :?

Special buildings? Like what? the victory tower and the portrait of Gagarin for example? So I should build a residential building which costs space and resources plus I should conquer a sector without fighting and so pay a good bunch of goods for the victory tower?

Hmm, rather not. Gagarin event skipped already for me, it is on board...a nice shuttle direction unknown...but somewhere far far away

DeletedUser109268

wow, the best quest is " research a new technology"... some people here could ask " which new technology can I ever research?"
clap clap clap