• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

BPs refund

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

Proposal: Make it possible that, for GB levels beyond 10, player can "lock" levels that have been previously unlocked.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?: Checked, found nothing.

Reason: Many players unlock many levels of, for example, Arc, and then they regret it. Why? Because they cannot take control of sniping from players that they don't expect them to snipe (usually, when they are in group for leveling Arcs, when one player from side jumps in).

Details: Okay, so, when you unlock GB levels beyond 10, you should be able to lock them back if you want and, for refund, get BPs invested for level up back. As I already stated, this would help greatly players who are skyrocketing their GBs who, due to lack of knowledge about snipers, unlock many GB levels in forward, so they practically have 0 control over snipers.
Here is an example:
I am leveling my Arc, that is currently at level 29, and, not knowing about consequences of unlocking every level possible, I unlocked every level up to 80. Also, I am in Arc incubator group. So, somebody finished current level and then sniped first place on level 30, and members of Arc incubator group won't get profit.
Basically, that is one of biggest problems when I unlock many levels of GB in forward and reason why, in my opinion, my idea is not bad.

Visual Aids: Nothing specific to show visually.

Balance: I think that this wouldn't unbalance game so much, except that it would make nasty snipers angry :)

Abuse Prevention: First level after completed one shouldn't be available for "relocking" if there is at least 1FP invested in it, no matter if invested by it's owner or someone else.
---------------
I hope you understand what I am trying to say :D
Ohh, and yes, you can remove persons who sniped without your permission from friends list, but better to prevent than to cure ;)

Agent327

Overlord
Proposed many times in different ways. It always comes down on preventing sniping. Wording it different does not make it an unique idea.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gb-sniping-prevention.35862/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/231071/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/221411/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/211537/

Facts:

- There is no rule against sniping.
- Game should not have to be adapted to make up for your mistakes.
- Being in an incubator group is your choice. You don't have to be, so why should you be protected?
- Members of an incubator group do not have any more rights to the spots than snipers.
- You can take your Arc of the road.

DeletedUser109475

It's a strategy game and the outsider is using a strategy, maybe not one you, or the group may like, but a strategy nonetheless. It appears the incubator group strategy is about making a profit but doing so in such a way that the outcome is not guaranteed. Whether the strategy needs looking into is open for debate but what is clear is that the method is flawed. That is what the group needs to change, find the way to prevent it happening, beat them on a few levels and they will find an easier target, then it won't matter if you have the next 1000 levels unlocked.

joesoap

Major-General
most players should only make this mistake once, the cost of this mistake should deter them making it again, nothing wrong with players learning things the hard way

Galladhorn

Monarch
From vikingraider1 in memes: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-of-empires-memes.36021/page-3

Arc1fpfromleveling_22.png

While above states the problem, locking levels could casue several implications/issues:

1)
Players will from now on lock their GB´s – Which means that players in the Hood will have little chance to get additional BP´s investing in non freinds and no Guild GB´s. Even inside a guild the GB will be locked. For low level players that means a prolonged game to an already long term game to obtain more BPs. - Essentially this could stall the whole GB part. (That might be an issue for another disucussion with the current state of the game, but as such that would be a major change to FoE gamplay)

2)
Sniping is not entirely prevented with GB locking (And I am not saying it should be)
- When the GB is unlocked Sniping can continue.

3)
To control/prevent sniping would mean that only players on Freind lists should be able to add FP´s to your GB´s - if someone snipes you can remove them form your freind list.
Even if it includes players in your guild, you can not control it – only as a Guildie with leader priorities, being able to kick other guild members would give you some control inside the guild to avoid sniping. Secondary some guilds have open gates, which means that any player can join and start sinping untill they are kicked.

The major problem spurring this and other ideas similar is that of the Arc and its cracy Contribution Reward functionality. This GB should never have been implemented in the first place - it equals ultra inflation just with the currency being FP´s. In fact I do not know if the Arc has a limit like 100% ? – If the Arc can go above 100% Contribution Reward, the game has eesentially shot itself in the foot big time. A player with more than 100% Contribution Reward will be gaining a surplus of FPs by investing FPs – essentially nothing to loose at all and unstoppable Winning streak. But having all players lock up their GBs because of this seams like trying to solve the problem at the wrong end of the snake.

This idea does not solve the problem and may cause other problems.

Advice to Avoid uncontrolled GB Sniping:
Do not unlock your GB´s furhter than you need to.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

The major problem spurring this and other ideas similar is that of the Arc and its cracy Contribution Reward functionality. This GB should never have been implemented in the first place - it equals ultra inflation just with the currency being FP´s. In fact I do not know if the Arc has a limit like 100% ? – If the Arc can go above 100% Contribution Reward, the game has eesentially shot itself in the foot big time. A player with more than 100% Contribution Reward will be gaining a surplus of FPs by investing FPs – essentially nothing to loose at all and unstoppable Winning streak. But having all players lock up their GBs because of this seams like trying to solve the problem at the wrong end of the snake.
Well, if there wasn't Arc, gaining BPs for skyrocketing other GBs would be almost impossible. Basically, if there wasn't Arc, higher GBs levels than 20-30 would not be achievable at all.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Well, if there wasn't Arc, gaining BPs for skyrocketing other GBs would be almost impossible. Basically, if there wasn't Arc, higher GBs levels than 20-30 would not be achievable at all.

Well that for my part that would be just fine as contra to having the Arc level crazyniess happening.
It is not the level that makes the game – in contrary just take Chess as the most rudimentary example – the game can be played over and over againg and the only level gained is the personal skill - there is no modifiers

In fact the Arc properly reduces players from really exploring and playing FoE – You have a high level Arc and most of your FP´s problems vanish and thereby other challenges as well such as sky rocketing Atk and Def stats – just consider that for a moment – The about most essential part of FoE is loosing its value due to the Arc´s functionality - In 3-5 years time how many players will have a high level Arc ? - A lot, FP´s will suddenly mean close to nothing to majority of medium and high level players. And if (as asked) the Arc can go higher than 100%, then welcome to a "ruled by a very few" and possibly very dead game. And the modifiers does not make the game better – essentially it makes it worse due to the GB levels curves sky rocketing and widdening the gab between the players. This is e.g displayed in uneven Hoods. Where it not for the Server lag problems you already know about – FoE could have real PvP play - that is if the Stats modifiers coming form sky reocket levels GBs werent so absurd.

In any case it is way to late to change the Arc - it is here and that is that with all the problems following in its trail. I have been wondering what the solution is to this, but I can not figure it out. But as stated I do not think that Locking GB´s is the answer to the problem - just my point of view.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord

Yes they would be. It would only take longer. Before the Arc there were already high level CF's.

DeletedUser115071

This proposal is the same as asking to refund your FPs cause you don't like the person you sniped... If you made a mistake and didn't inform yourself beforehand it's on you...

DeletedUser99438

-1 Nice proposal but wouldn't be worth the effort to code. People can learn from past mistakes of other players and for the ones where it is too late, there are other safeguards they can put in place.

DeletedUser112892

This proposal is the same as asking to refund your FPs cause you don't like the person you sniped... If you made a mistake and didn't inform yourself beforehand it's on you...
No, no, I wasn't meaning about level someone has already sniped. That level, until it is complete, should be forbidden for "relocking".