• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Boat back from cultural settlements

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmilet24

Private
Proposal:
Make a functional return boat from cultural settlements that replaces the 'Back to City' button.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have checked and there are no similar ideas to mine.

Reason:
There is a boat to cultural settlements but just a button that says 'Back to City' to get back. There is a boat on the shore of the cultural settlement but it serves no purpose apart from looking nice. I think it would be good to have that boat made functional and the new way to return from the cultural settlements be to click on the boat and be teleported back the same way you get there.

Details:
Make the boat currently sitting in the cultural settlements functional. You will click on the boat, the loading screen will come up, and you will be back at your city.

Visual Aids:
Just the same yellow highlight when hovering the mouse over the boat as there is in your main city.

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Last edited:

WinnerGR

Captain
I am agreement with you ( OP ) , the boat is nice a decorative but does indeed serve no real purpose ( I know it currently has the menu where you select your next settlement and it transports you to the settlement when you slick on it ) so I think what you ( OP ) are possibly saying ( or at least this is my though ) is not a new mechanic ( E.G. making it more like the boat in AF or is it OF ) but have an animation of the boat leaving your city and traveling across the sea and then arriving , this animation would take about 30 seconds though it would be skip able . Until I really know exactly what new function you want I can not say yes nor no.

hmilet24

Private
I was just thinking the same sort of thing that you use to get to the cultural settlements where you click on the boat and it transports you there, although the animation sounds like a cool idea.

WinnerGR

Captain
You have to fill this in :

Proposal:

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:

WinnerGR

Captain
Edit your first post to include it ( filled out obviously ) , then add a poll and then a mod will move it to the ideas section.

Polls

It is a requirement to add a Poll to your idea to gauge the community in your idea and if it receives enough support, it could be considered for forwarding on.

Are there any guidelines on poll type and poll questions?
Yes, please use the default options for polls, as shown in the image below:
Screenshot_58.png

As you can see, these are:
Maximum Selectable Choices - Single choice - this should be 'Yes' or 'No' with the question worded in such a way that voting 'Yes' means the player supports the idea, and 'No' means they do not support the idea. Here are some suggestions for how to word your question:
  • Do you support this idea?
  • Do you like the idea?
  • Would you like to see my idea implemented?
Of course you can word your question any way you like, but please remember - the only possible answers should be 'Yes' and 'No' and the question needs to be worded in such a way that a 'Yes' vote shows the player supports the idea, and a 'No' vote means they do not support the idea.

Allow voters to change their votes - as your idea evolves, it may be that someone who was previously against the idea may now be in favor, or vice versa. It's therefore important that votes can be amended over time, in order that the vote reflects the current state of the community's support for the idea as it stands.

Allow the results to be viewed without voting - this is absolutely crucial, as if you do not allow the results to be viewed without voting, moderators cannot see the results either! This would mean we would still need to count + and - posts, and that would make your poll pointless!

Important: Please do not check either 'Display votes publicly', or 'Close this poll after:' - polls in the Ideas section need to be of unlimited duration, and we have decided that they should be secret.

A guide to how to post polls will be posted soon, but they are pretty straightforward. If you have any problems posting your poll please drop me a message on the forum and I will assist you. Alternatively, post your thread without the poll and we will add it for you.

DeletedUser113278

Animation to slow down the game (and create a lot of work for someone to make it), no thanks.

Making the boat essentially a button to take you back to your city... sure. But still it really serves no purpose.

Agent327

Overlord
Yeah well I'm not really saying to change the whole game, I'm just saying that it would be a small and easy improvement.

Then why don't you offer to code it for them?

It is a totally useless idea that does not make the game any better. There also is a boat on the continent map and only a button to go back to your city. IOt works that way in every part ogf the game. Changing it in one part will only make it confusing.

If you want to see a boat move, make it to AF.

DeletedUser

Then why don't you offer to code it for them?

It is a totally useless idea that does not make the game any better. There also is a boat on the continent map and only a button to go back to your city. IOt works that way in every part ogf the game. Changing it in one part will only make it confusing.

If you want to see a boat move, make it to AF.
That takes a year minimum

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I would vote for the click on the Boat to take us back to main city, but I would not want to see any additional animation that would take it longer to get back then it does now (nearly instantaneous)

Status
Not open for further replies.