• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Blueprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1176

Gambrel House = 259 population
4x Gambrel = 1.036 population (considering 120% but no motivation = 6.480 coins / 12.960 coins with motivation)
Tower of Babel = 1.140 population (level 10) + 18 random goods (to craft 20 goods of colonial costs something close to 10.000 coins + 10.000 supplies)

In short, for a Bronze Age Building it gives more population than the most advanced non-diamond house (Colonial Age and probably only the by the end of the Industrial Age you will reach 4x houses with the same amount of population) and it produces almost the same amount a good production building can do in 1d period. If you subtract the coins generation from that cost, it still is good).

Besides, like any other GB that generates goods, you will produce new age goods as soon as you reach a new era, without the need for population, production costs, etc... I myself only built colonial goods production building when I was close to finish the Colonial Tree, if I had the a GB since the beginning I would have a nice stock of colonial goods.

And its the only GB that gives population and as the Statue of Zeus, it requires the less amount of FP to level up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

One more argument working in your favour is that it is almost as productive as a goods factory, but takes no population. About 75% as productive as average 8+8+4 collection pattern, so about 540 population saved from CA factory.

So overall the building if maxed up saves you about 500 population(that number will decrease in future ages though) and producea profit of 10.8k resources per day (18*(480+480)-6480).

Hence why I'm ranking it 11th :P
Although to be fair I could move it up to 9th due to its small size. 9-11 are all kinda even for me and a lot will depend on future changes.

DeletedUser1899

Blue prints is a JOKE

:mad: when to four different worlds today, when to all my neighbor's and guilds member and for two days can't find a blue print, WHAT A JOKE!!! Have seen the wallet warriors (peeps that pay to play) with all the blue print and getting all the forge points. THE GAME IS SO ONE SIDED :mad:

DeletedUser4800

@coltfan1313,
Diamond players can gain an advantage in any aspect of this game it should come as no surprise that Great Buildings is no different, that is a fact of life we can't get away from. Take solace in the fact that they are paying for the development of the game we love to play and for free and you get to keep your credit card in your wallet and choose to play the game how you choose to play it. I would rather have the satisfaction of playing for the prize than the ease of paying for the prize.

Yeah but it has to be balanced with reason and sense. GB just made sure you have absolutely no chance against Diamond players, especially since from some GB you get defensive and offensive bonuses, that means you will never win.

So, its like using invincibility cheats where you get godlike powers and able to crush everyone. Go on get attacked by a 50% extra stats units, its worse than battling higher level units.

DeletedUser1032

Great Buildings was never meant to be completed in days or even weeks but during the course of normal game play over months. Just see it as a goal to work towards as you continue to play the game.

Unless, of course, you spend some diamonds. Then you don't have to wait months for any blueprints, but only mere minutes. And since everyone else is contributing to the rise of your great buildings, through all ten levels, you don't even have to spend any of your own forge points. Yeap, makes that "goal to work towards" have a whole new meaning.

DeletedUser5904

In no way, shape or form is my opinion somehow an indictment against the diamond player. I fully understand what the diamond player means to the continued development of this game we play, insomuch that in part, they help pay the bills. My point is that prior to GB's being released, the gap between the two types of player wasn't so glaringly wide. I also have freely admitted to using the sponsorpay offers to buy production & cultural buildings, so again I have no beef with the concept of diamond players.

I DO however have a problem with giving such a "powerful and unbalancing" tool to the paying playerbase who only need to open their wallet. IMHO, there were few ways to keep that power gap narrow enough between the diamond players and non diamond players with the primary means being the PVP aspect of this game and that has now went away unless I am willing to open my wallet and try and keep up with the Joneses. Echoing the point of the above poster, fighting against an army whose attack/defense is boosted by 50% is going to be bad enough in the early game (effectively moving your opponent up a tier in troop power), but in mid-game to late game it's going to be impossible. For a CA vs CA army matchup, where the attack/defense is already around the 30's, the 50% boost is effectively a 2+ tier increase. To more or less give immediate access to such a powerful tool via RMTs is unbelievably unbalancing.

To me, as a diamond player, I have enough advantages without having something THIS powerful. The only way they could make it easier is to install a "auto win" function for pvp battles (of course @ 10 diamonds a pop lol).

DeletedUser276

well in my opinion this topic is way off topic. Please return to talking about bp droprates or we will be forced to close the thread.

DeletedUser

All of those points for the Tower of Bablyon are very true but it still pales in comparison to almost every other wonder and would be most players last choice in terms of usefulness.

DeletedUser1032

Well in my opinion this topic is way off topic. Please return to talking about bp droprates or we will be forced to close the thread.

Yet again, another thread in danger of being closed down due to an overeager forum moderator. Let me recap this topic so far, perhaps it will clarify that this conversation has been very much on topic...

- Some think that current droprates are unreasonable, so players use diamonds in order to get blueprints in some realistic time frame. Not ranting against diamond users, just stating how the game works. This is very much on topic, as it deals with BP droprates.
- Current droprates will take forever (or at least a very long time), so many of us choose to help diamond users raise their GBs in order to get our BPs. Again, very much on topic, as my "forge point donation program" is directly linked to the droprates, or their lack of.
- Since the current droprates are so low (and some think not random at all), it means those who don't spend diamonds will have to wait a while for their GBs. This, of course, gives diamond players a very big advantage. Again, not a rant but plain truth, about which even some of your diamond players have been complaining about (something about low competition, very little challenge, etc, and so forth). This point is also very much on topic, as it directly deals with the dismal BP droprates.

All fun aside, I seriously resent people closing down forum threads just because the conversation doesn't suit someone's idea of what ought to be talked about. The forum's title is "Game discussions", and that's exactly what everyone in this thread has been doing. You want to play forum moderator, go get someone for spewing hateful chatter, verbal diarrhea, or abusive language. So far I haven't seen any of that in this thread, only valid concerns that people have regarding the game we all play every day. And these concerns will stay, no matter how much the moderators choose to gloss over or downplay them.

DeletedUser7798

I have yet to see anyone describe the full advantage diamonds give to this matter. Not only is the great buildings built in no time, but by the time a normal player get great buildings diamond player have received hundreds of forge points from guild and neighbourhood. Being first out having the building high lvl with a system that repay contributors with BP's. They are guaranteed to get GB's up much faster than when normal people start getting them up.
Getting the buildings fast is not the only huge advantage, but with all the contributions they will have such a vast advantage I can't do much more than laugh about the extreme unbalance.
Personally I have 9 BP's for 9 different GB's. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when got that 9th, starting page 2.

When normal players first start to build GB's. The contributions will be 10% of what diamond players got in the start. The system should be nulled, changed and reimplemented as a far more balanced system.

They are buying diamonds for a beta game. There are no rights to complain on "lost diamond expenses".

Droprates of BP's are fine if there is no diamonds in game, but diamonds assures the droprates are terrible. If other players are to compete, the droprate need to be increased 3000%.

If they are not supposed to be able to compete. Then disconnect them from diamond buyers. The battle point advantage diamonds give now makes ranking completely irrelevant. There is one player that break through my defence, he is already 50k above 2nd place. Way to go giving him the ability to gain such an advantage any competition is completely irrelevant. He have no competition. I hope he like it. His GB is almost lvl 7, looking at a 35% military boost.

What makes me angry is. I have two choices: Keep giving him points by having up defence that will also scare of neighbours. Or take away my defence thus taking away his points, but also making my town a open field to plunder for whole neighbourhood.

Design? Not thought through.

DeletedUser3157

Actually all this has been covered numerous times. First by people who played beta even before 0.22 was released in en(I don't actually play beta, but I listened to them with interest). Then we were obviously told that this is not beta, but a completely different game. And then it was covered much more on the day(s) after release when we learned that it is exactly like beta. You can go read my posts on page 13-14 on 0.22 discussion thread made the day after 0.22 release where I concluded it will take about 3.5 months to build a GP by polishing/motivating 150 different people every single day. In hindsight I can now tell my estimate was little off and actually drop rate seems to indicate it would take about 7 months. But I also underestimated how fast you can build it with donating FPs. There are much more BP rewards out there than I expected so if you donate your FPs away every day and also buy as much as you can, you can build one with couple of weeks.

Overall I too was very angry at this feature coming out like this, but what is done is done.

DeletedUser4785

Things about BP

I've got today another BP for my GB,the thing is that it's seems to be the same BP on the same building,what does it means and what can i do with this BP?:confused:

DeletedUser3157

Maybe you should check one of the dozens of threads in this forum about BPs and GPs. There are 7 of them on first page alone and half of the threads not about BPs still cover talk about BPs. But quick answer: it means you were unlucky and got a duplicate, you will get many many more duplicate BPs in future before you are able to complete your GP because odds of getting whichever of the 9 BPs are same for each one no matter if you already have it or not. And you can't do nothing with it yet, although there is talk you can do something with it in future.

DeletedUser10336

@Friday, translation for you: we want to guarantee that only the people who pay actually get the Great Buildings, so the game stays "freemium". You may also get one of those buildings, however, you may get about 15-20 or more blueprints because of the duplicates. In the meanwhile, let's throw this "possibly .. future.. trading blueprints" excuse.

DeletedUser1032

???
I thought the game WAS beta. I'm on Arvahall, and the game version is 0.22. Since it's not version 1.0 it means it's not complete nor ready for release. I sort of assumed we were playing beta all along. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.