• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Blocking sender of abusive message

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Adding Button to block messages from specific player(s)

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
yes - there are none

Reason:
I am receiving abusive messages almost daily from same senders.

Details:
To add a button on message window to block sender.

Visual Aids:
none

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
none

DeletedUser

Hey smijatov,

Abusive messages and profanity should be reported and will be dealt with accordingly.
If it is in-game, right-click anywhere in your town, select Support, choose the world this is happening on, then go from there. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Abusive messages and profanity should be reported and will be dealt with accordingly.
That's true, however it might still be reasonable to add an 'ignore' option.

If a player gets abused and reports this, the Support Team still has to decide what to do about it. I don't believe that everything some players consider as 'abuse' necessarily results in any sort of ban or other penalty that hinders the accused player of sending further 'abusive' messages.

As 'abuse' a player may also consider being Spammed by players wanting to join his/her guild or asking for trades. An 'ignore' feature would easily eradicate such issues and would be a very simple and effective 'quick solution' for players that have really become victims of abusive messages (Ex.: through use of profanity, etc.). However, this should not replace the necessity of reporting such a player.

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser7719

That's true, however it might still be reasonable to add an 'ignore' option.

If a player gets abused and reports this, the Support Team still has to decide what to do about it. I don't believe that everything some players consider as 'abuse' necessarily results in any sort of ban or other penalty that hinders the accused player of sending further 'abusive' messages.

As 'abuse' a player may also consider being Spammed by players wanting to join his/her guild or asking for trades. An 'ignore' feature would easily eradicate such issues and would be a very simple and effective 'quick solution' for players that have really become victims of abusive messages (Ex.: through use of profanity, etc.). However, this should not replace the necessity of reporting such a player.

Regards,
Bloodwyn

I fully agree with this. I was just about to make a thread about it.

DeletedUser

Yeah it's been mentioned a few times here, and I still agree we should be able to ignore people. Seems like it would be a pretty simple feature to add, and there's really no reason not to have it.

DeletedUser

I can confirm there is an open report as regard to ignoring and still receiving messages - I will go see if I can push the issue a bit :d

DeletedUser97349

Update: this fix was included in the 1.33 update, but we are experiencing ongoing issues. This is being looked into :)

Status
Not open for further replies.