• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bidding war quest/Merchants First Bid

DeletedUser

Not quite sure I understood this correctly as its then a quest setup I havent run into before.

In any case 3 of my advisors are bidding for 10 paper and 10 tar, seemingly by offering me quests I can accept and fulfill if I like the offer.

But how exactly does this work.

Does it mean that if I skip such a quest, I dont actually risk skipping a quest line this time round.

And does it in fact mean that when I accept one quest, I effectively skip the remaining quests with competing offers, or can I take more than one of their offers assuming I have enough paper and tar.

As I understood the wording, once I accept (fulfill) a quest/offer, the paper/tar is sold and I dont get the further offers?

By the name of the first quest, it would seem that each advisor likely has at least 2 offers available.

Can anyone confirm the exact nature of the setups above?

Regards, Tviorr

DeletedUser

Not quite sure I understood this correctly as its then a quest setup I havent run into before.

In any case 3 of my advisors are bidding for 10 paper and 10 tar, seemingly by offering me quests I can accept and fulfill if I like the offer.

But how exactly does this work.

Does it mean that if I skip such a quest, I dont actually risk skipping a quest line this time round.

And does it in fact mean that when I accept one quest, I effectively skip the remaining quests with competing offers, or can I take more than one of their offers assuming I have enough paper and tar.

As I understood the wording, once I accept (fulfill) a quest/offer, the paper/tar is sold and I dont get the further offers?

By the name of the first quest, it would seem that each advisor likely has at least 2 offers available.

Can anyone confirm the exact nature of the setups above?

Regards, Tviorr

One of my guild mates went through it skipping offers each time and getting the next advisor's offer (I just accepted the first offer and moved on)

These are the offers:
Round 1
Greta: 17.000 supplies
Fernikus: 9 each of two colonial goods
Military Advisor: 1 Field Gun

Round 2
Greta: 22.000 coins
Fernikus: 10 each of two colonial goods
Military Advisor: 2 Field Gun

Round 3
Greta: 17.000 supplies & 22.000 coins
Fernikus: 11 each of two colonial goods
Military Advisor: 3 Field Gun

After that the jester makes an offer (worse than the previous)... which was accepted so no idea if it carries on further.

DeletedUser

Thank You. Much obliged.

Its been changed a bit, I think or there are several options for them to go to.

Im getting equal value though for what I think is the final offer. As thats profitable but not by more than I could easily do without, Ill go on and add my experience in another spoiler assuming I can figure out how to make a spoiler.

Edit: Well it goes a bit higher actually. Reading the lines in the different bids and especially the headline gives a very good idea of how many offers are left, especially when not many are left. Quite a clever setup.

What I now think is the final offer before the jester is a very good offer with quite a bit of extra value in it assuming straight up trades and thus calculating bonus production values for all resources.

I can do without it though, so I think Ill simply push past and see what they have as a punishment for overly greedy people like me.

Edit again: the jesters might me interesting. Didnt take it though.

Misunderstood the next quest as still part of that questline when it was in fact (I think) seperate. That one asked for less resources and had a good deal on them (Simply called A Good Offer).

Declined that, thinking there was some sort of interesting restart of the quest line with a change in the amounts asked for. -

Wouldnt recommend that. - Even if that was the actual end of the quest line its definitely over then. - And I might have closed off a different questline declining that. Wouldnt recommend that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: