• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: BGB super league

As BGB seems to slow down now more and more now low power guilds are reaching diamond status. In M world we now have 34 diamond status guilds so there are give or take, 5 separate diamond leagues now.

But how about, you would make 1 super league, all the winners of the 5 individual leagues would gain access to this 1"super league" and only the winner will be able to stay within it. The next round the new winners of the diamond leagues will fill up place 2-5. It would create a much harder fight as you have to win, to stay in it. Hence a much more aggressive competition, more fights, and much more of a challenge. especially if the rewards are matching it, say 50 diamond rewards, 15FP rewards, 75 goods, 8 units, etc....

also this 1 "super league" could hold a High prestige reward, to really encourage the GVG guilds to actively participate in GBG and the GBG only guilds to start picking up GvG again as a high ranking position becomes reachable again.

r21r

Major-General
As BGB seems to slow down now more and more now low power guilds are reaching diamond status. In M world we now have 34 diamond status guilds so there are give or take, 5 separate diamond leagues now.
Good point

But how about, you would make 1 super league, all the winners of the 5 individual leagues would gain access to this 1"super league" and only the winner will be able to stay within it. The next round the new winners of the diamond leagues will fill up place 2-5. It would create a much harder fight as you have to win, to stay in it. Hence a much more aggressive competition, more fights, and much more of a challenge. especially if the rewards are matching it, say 50 diamond rewards, 15FP rewards, 75 goods, 8 units, etc....
I like the idea in general but not the rewards

also this 1 "super league" could hold a High prestige reward, to really encourage the GVG guilds to actively participate in GBG and the GBG only guilds to start picking up GvG again as a high ranking position becomes reachable again.
I also like this one, as long as it doesn't gives "a lot" extra guild power

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Would prefer to see a fair PvP league as it is the Big Guilds dominate GbG every season, I’ve just fought my way through 4 provinces without the need for Seige camps in Gold league and I’m currently 1st place, there is no competition for me so hope when I get myself up to platinum there will be more than 1 active fighter. Be nice for Inno to reward individual achievements aswell as guild achievements and to separate the Real fighters from the pretend fighters who only take part in GbG when multiple siege camps are in effect

DeletedUser

Why not just revamp the current Diamond league, and remove the option of placing seige camp from it?
In a nutshell, a new SL is only to enrich yourself and/or your members.

the problem GBG has now with so many guilds being diamond status is that there is nothing moving, if there is something to fight for and you can only get it only if you win, it would trigger some action. Yes of course the bigger guilds will be having more benefits, but thats the case for the entire game anyway. its not about enriching, its about firing up some fights, and more serious competition.

If you remove the siege camps, as you suggest, the difference would be even bigger, a strong fighter guild would take the map and thats that. you'll be sitting pretty for the remaining 9 days. with the odd sector a small guild takes, and by doing so having burned all their attrition.

the idea was more to create an incentive to be in a "super league" hence higher rewards and having to win to actually stay there would turn over the sectors quicker. when GBG started everyone wanted to grow quicker into higher leagues, now that fire has completely fizzled out, as there is not much more to achieve and everyone slowly ends up in diamond.

r21r

Major-General
The way Inno made the mmr, based on inactive guilds, made all this situation possible, each time i visit cooper league, i am 90% alone, getting a free ticket to silver by beating 100% inactive guilds.
On silver, nothing changes, 70-80% of guilds are inactive, and so goes on to gold and even platinum.
Soon, Diamond will be inactive aswell.

Nobody Competes, and Nobody "Battles", it's just a parody - it totaly needs something better...

I don't know what should or should not be done, but when i went 1st time in Diamond, we really fought our best to the way to it, now everyone can make a guild, be lucky with inactive guilds, and hit diamond and remain to platinum forever.
Could use a lot of words, but not Battlegrounds... "Inactive-Farmville" Grounds, could work better =)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
With all due respect, this smacks of elitism.
No it does not, Elitism is when you have one or two guilds controlling all movements on the gbg map dictating how the final positions will be, you really think a guild of 80 members would need siege camps to win every season and cut off all remaining guild activity.? Removing the camps will be a good start and honest rewards can be given out and not abused in the way it has been!!

r21r

Major-General
Removing the camps
have you noticed that Cooper needs the same amount of Goods with Diamond for a Building .. ?
I mean, idk if they should remove them, but ain't it unreal paying 200% more Goods for a Building in Cooper than in Diamond ..?
Cause in Diamond, you will do at least 160 attempts (or way more) but in Cooper ... ? you will do what .. ? 40 ??
It is totaly wrong the way they made it, both matching inactive with active, and not setting proper costs...
i don't really care about siege camps, but there are obvious things that have been left "broken" on purpose

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Even better the guild with most members and a lot stronger usually get the area of the map with building option next to HQ so can always throw in the first camp

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
have you noticed that Cooper needs the same amount of Goods with Diamond for a Building .. ?
I mean, idk if they should remove them, but ain't it unreal paying 200% more Goods for a Building in Cooper than in Diamond ..?
Cause in Diamond, you will do at least 160 attempts (or way more) but in Cooper ... ? you will do what .. ? 40 ??
It is totaly wrong the way they made it, both matching inactive with active, and not setting proper costs...
i don't really care about siege camps, but there are obvious things that have been left "broken" on purpose
Very broken indeed

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Got bored of everyone being alert and active when camps were placed but MiA when then get attrition punishments, really puts my playing style into perspective so i joined a 3 man guild with no treasury and can just battle as and when i want :) makes it much more interesting to have skirmishes against an enemy with double your Attack/Defence, than to just hit auto battle as fast as you can with 4 camps giving you a leg up the imaginary ladder.