• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

beta forum spoiler GE lvl 5

Players could have easily ignored lvl 5 if they didn't want to build def or negotiate but now they've nerfed all the lvl rewards, reduced the diamond rewards and swapped out full building prizes to fragments on lvl 1-4. Not too sure why nerf after so many years but it seems a very odd change to make. I understand the dia but not the swap to fragments.
Turning all the prizes in GE to frags & reducing diamonds is going to be a real dooty storm when it goes live.
My guess is they milked out all they can get and this is their last looty call before the scrap yard. The ads may be a bust, the monthly subscription is likely a bust and the events are beginning to wane in real profits.

Taffy540

Private
This is it, when they diluted buildings to a 1/15 or a 1/30 we tollerated it. Now a level 1 building needs 180 pieces for something most of us sell quickly is rediculous. Lvl 4 its 1/720. I havent seen level 5 yet but if this is the sort of "quality gaming" we can now expect, totally a slap in the face, well the 3 small guilds in 3 different worlds on 2 servers that struggle to get participation in battlefields due to whale guilds never allowing small guilds even a small sense of achievement to encourage the new players. This change in the GE will kill all enthusiasm to even start the thing leave alone reach the lofty heights of lvl 5.

Taffy540

Private
Steve 570, please note that its not going to be as simple as boycotting the new level5 but the destruction of all of the other levels due to fragments and the reduced diamonds on offer in lvl 4. Our inventories will be so cluttered with 5 of this or 200 of that when we need 720 to get the building or upgrade, whats the point. It will destroy the use of the GE as an effective tool to train new players and team building exercises same as they killed battlegrounds without a guild size system in place to level the playing field somewhat. The overcomplication of this is killing the game, Why dilute the existing levels at all, less rewards = less playing the feature, fragments= frustration, costs to achieve rewards have skyrocketted since everything is now fragments. The new"team" for the GE and events seem to like to try so many different and unnecessary changes that we baulk on the worst, then have to put up with the rest. Remember when they tried to kill the towers. There was such and outcry they got 19 pages of furore before they locked it, and that was 3 days worth. We are global, many of us are over 50 and just dont like to be treated like 10 yo kids. My UK city has lost 2 major players with 100 mil cities in the last few months as its getting in the way of real like. Ok, so with this further dilution of the value of playing I expect to loose more. And the hours helping younger players to establish their cities will all be wasted too.

Steve 570, please note that its not going to be as simple as boycotting the new level5 but the destruction of all of the other levels due to fragments and the reduced diamonds on offer in lvl 4. Our inventories will be so cluttered with 5 of this or 200 of that when we need 720 to get the building or upgrade, whats the point. It will destroy the use of the GE as an effective tool to train new players and team building exercises same as they killed battlegrounds without a guild size system in place to level the playing field somewhat. The overcomplication of this is killing the game, Why dilute the existing levels at all, less rewards = less playing the feature, fragments= frustration, costs to achieve rewards have skyrocketted since everything is now fragments. The new"team" for the GE and events seem to like to try so many different and unnecessary changes that we baulk on the worst, then have to put up with the rest. Remember when they tried to kill the towers. There was such and outcry they got 19 pages of furore before they locked it, and that was 3 days worth. We are global, many of us are over 50 and just dont like to be treated like 10 yo kids. My UK city has lost 2 major players with 100 mil cities in the last few months as its getting in the way of real like. Ok, so with this further dilution of the value of playing I expect to loose more. And the hours helping younger players to establish their cities will all be wasted too.

I don't think the other level nerfs were out when I wrote my post but yes I completely agree with you. 180 fragments for a lvl 1 item is truly idiotic. Just like the lvl 5 requirements. If the first 4 levels aren't worth playing then I guess I'll just use it for AD fodder unless they screw that up as well.
I'm in the no1 guild in my main world and many of the 70 members are just waiting to see what is actually released but 100% of our members are attack based and they're not planning on selling half their city to do a rebuild which is the bare minimum to have a chance in the fights.
The only people that can even think of negging lvl 5 are the very long term players and I'm sure selling another 50% of what's left of their attack for goods producing buildings isn't in their plans either.

To try and finish lvl 5 99% of players have either got to sell most of their attack buildings for defence ones or goods buildings if they choose negs. I just can't see people doing this at all. They've spent years of their life building what they have but now inno are saying that's all been for nothing, you have to start again.

From my viewpoint I believe a huge number will see this as a time for a change of game and will sooner start something new than destroying everything they've built to become a farmer and a fragment collector.

Well done inno, well done!

Shad23

Emperor
am starting to wunder if the players on beta who are giving positive feedback about lvl 5 are influencers paid by INNO who are maybe devloppers who think they are good cause they created a fully defensive city based on def and goods and think they are good cause their city can negotiate through first 4 lvl's then fight the 5 th lvl in full these guys on top of that must have fully lvled space carrier and a high lvl Frontenac as only GB's in their citys with maybe St-Basil at high lvl to , this is completly rediculous

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
Things change and in life too, so we move on.
If thats whats happening then I will be ready.
It is about time city defence meant anything.

I mostly play GE for the ToR relics and for the diamond rewards and sometimes to get some Space Carrier negs done on lvl 1. All the GE building rewards are used as AD fodder. It doesn't really make a big difference if they change the building rewards to fragments. I don't really need any of the buildings anyway.
But I'm definitely not going to change my attack city into a a defence and goods city just to be able to collect more AD fodder from GE5.

Last edited:
The GE level 5 is full of changes that some will like and others will not.
If there are fewer diamonds then there needs to be other bigger rewards or fragments that players will better enjoy collecting by doing it many times.
At this stage, we should wait and see if the beta feedback is acted upon to make it an improvement on the current 4-level GE.

Would have preferred an extra GbG super league to spread out and better match up guilds in all the leagues, that's for another day perhaps.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Just dont play GE5 and all will be good.....as it is so controversial to involve City deff into GE5 that it have maybe 50/50 to pass.....

99% best FOE players will not play it for shure with City deff, as you not need it after Galata GB at all.....so now we will build 7y old Citry Deff GBs to play new GE5....if they can explaine this in logical way then i will stop playing FOE =)))

Now I'm forgoing even doing GE 1-4 - it's just not worth any effort - I don't need fragments of anything from there.
And it would be foolish of us all to think it will stop there -It Won't!

Shad23

Emperor
Now I'm forgoing even doing GE 1-4 - it's just not worth any effort - I don't need fragments of anything from there.
And it would be foolish of us all to think it will stop there -It Won't!
pls riot ppl so INNO decides to revert this , INNO is realy laughing at us with diamond rewards nerfed on the first 4 GE lvl's

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Previously, max possible diamonds was 625 per week

Level 1, Chest 4 - 5% 10
Level 1, Chest 8 - 10% 10
Level 1, Chest 12 - 15% 10
Level 1, Chest 16 - 25% 25
Level 2, Chest 4 - 5% 15
Level 2, Chest 8 - 10% 15
Level 2, Chest 12 - 15% 15
Level 2, Chest 16 - 25% 50
Level 3, Chest 4 - 5% 25