• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Battling Self in GE

LadyMac

Private
How is someone to handle GE battles against their own guild/themselves? Someone in my guild is in a guild from another world that we were matched with in GE. She asked me what to do and I told her to do what she felt was best. She completed 48 challenges and decided that's all she would do for each guild. However, the opposing guild is asking that she continue as she is one of the top fighters in that guild. How does it happen that she is put in a position to do battle against herself/her guilds?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
How is someone to handle GE battles against their own guild/themselves? Someone in my guild is in a guild from another world that we were matched with in GE. She asked me what to do and I told her to do what she felt was best. She completed 48 challenges and decided that's all she would do for each guild. However, the opposing guild is asking that she continue as she is one of the top fighters in that guild. How does it happen that she is put in a position to do battle against herself/her guilds?
Because Inno doesn't run a check to see if the same player is in guilds on different worlds before matching them, as far as I know the match is just based on guild size, I'm sure this is on the wiki somewhere but the matching puts all guilds with 70-80 members in the same expedition pool, and 60-70 in another pool, etc, so the only factor in matching up 2 guilds is if they have roughly the same number of players.

The most ethical thing to do is complete the same # of encounters in both guilds. We have had this happen a couple of times, it was not really a problem because 1 person rarely makes the difference in GE scores. It is all percentage based for trophies, so its not 1 player doing 2 or 3 more encounters that matters, it's 10 players who do or don't do 10 encounters that begins to make an impact on the overall %.

Having run a guild for the entire time that Expeditions have been around, it almost never comes down to 1 person who makes the difference for what placing the guild gets in the final trophies. I have checked every time we had very close races if we could blame that 1 person who disappeared or only did 10 encounters, and it was never down to that one person why we lost, if they had been there and done 100% it would not have changed the outcome. In one very rare instance 3 people going unexpectedly missing (doing 0) did make us come in second one time -- that's 1 time in 7 years since trophies began.

LadyMac

Private
Because Inno doesn't run a check to see if the same player is in guilds on different worlds before matching them, as far as I know the match is just based on guild size, I'm sure this is on the wiki somewhere but the matching puts all guilds with 70-80 members in the same expedition pool, and 60-70 in another pool, etc, so the only factor in matching up 2 guilds is if they have roughly the same number of players.

The most ethical thing to do is complete the same # of encounters in both guilds. We have had this happen a couple of times, it was not really a problem because 1 person rarely makes the difference in GE scores. It is all percentage based for trophies, so its not 1 player doing 2 or 3 more encounters that matters, it's 10 players who do or don't do 10 encounters that begins to make an impact on the overall %.

Having run a guild for the entire time that Expeditions have been around, it almost never comes down to 1 person who makes the difference for what placing the guild gets in the final trophies. I have checked every time we had very close races if we could blame that 1 person who disappeared or only did 10 encounters, and it was never down to that one person why we lost, if they had been there and done 100% it would not have changed the outcome. In one very rare instance 3 people going unexpectedly missing (doing 0) did make us come in second one time -- that's 1 time in 7 years since trophies began.
Thank you. This is exactly as she and I discussed but she was getting pushed by the other guild. As it goes my guild is leading currently so it's fine. Even if we fall back to 2nd place, we aren't going to have a problem with it. Not worth it. :)